Dawnlark Plains [m]Tell my almost ex-wife That I loved her and left her too soon
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
RIP 
MATURE WARNING/TRIGGER. SUICIDE. All tags for reference and joining if wanted. It's been lovely playing Sunny <3

Having abandoned @Steph was not the original plan...his trip to see @Dawn had gone awry as it always seemed to. He'd been attacked...dropped on by a giant cat. The wounds raked across his body had him weak enough that he'd been lain up for a week. 
Was it a curse?
Had he been such a terrible wolf that he was forever damned?

There had been a woman. She'd tended his wounds and told him he'd never be physically capable of the same work again. No fighting and hunting would be relearned. Then she gave him some poppies wrapped in a leaf and told him to eat them if he found his life not worth living. He'd carried them around for a while playing around with the idea inside of his mind. All he could think about lately was the way his daughter had been refusing to welcome him back ever since he'd made one mistake and been gone. Dawn had more of a reason to look at him the way he had and even then he found that it made his stomach sick to think about. 

Hadn't he done his best?

Was he just delusional and useless?

His mother, Keoni, His father, His uncle, Aliac. They would all be returned to him. Steph and @Minnow ....they were both alive and well. Alive and without any need for someone tired beyond his years to weight them down. His two sons were somewhere and if they were gone too then his passing would only return them as well. Steph would find someone worthy of her radient personality and who would be appreciative of her beauty, She'd have children one day with them...he was sure of it. He walked on moving past the place where he envisioned Dawn raising her children feeling rather numb with what was planned.
As he crunched the bundle between his jaws saliva pooling and being forcefully swallowed down Sunny lay himself down in the spot where his father had passed and pressed his chin to the dirt a shiver running down his spine. It Anyone who stumbled across him after would find him already drifting and clearly inebriated out of his mind. Images flashed before his mind's eye and he smiled
 The icicle incident, watching his mother leave, fighting with Dawn and making up, Watching her climb a tree as if she were a squirrel.

His breath rushed out of his lungs and he realised he'd been holding it, the release of oxygen causing him to float off. "i'm tired dad" his voice whispered to the dirt as he let go and waited for it to end a billion and one things from his life playing like a movie if he knew what that was. He thought of @Valette and wished she knew that she was always like a mother to him, that he loved her like family and was sorry for being a constant nuisance. The world began to shift and swirl and he exhaled again his eyes beginning to drift shut "Steph" the name held so much regret as it fell from his lips, breathing slowing to a dangerous level as he stared into space not really seeing anything but blurs of color and sunlight. 
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Messages In This Thread
[m]Tell my almost ex-wife That I loved her and left her too soon - by Sunny - July 25, 2020, 05:10 PM