Two Rivers Isle Made me into something new
84 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
for @Rye
set for just before sunset
making some assumptions; let me know if i need to change anything <3

Their hunting adventure wouldn't soon be forgotten by Effie, and the deer they had taken down had kept them fed for a while since it was just the two of them; it probably would have lasted longer in the winter, but she still had no complaints.

Their travels had brought them to a moderately wide river that they had followed until it was small and calm enough that they could cross over into the lush lands on the other side. It had rained all day, and she was trying to ignore the discomfort of a perpetually wet coat so as not to add anymore stress to Rye's shoulders. Their first mission was to find somewhere to settle down for the night, and it had taken them most of the day to find the dry thicket in the southern part of the isle, and as Rye patrolled the area to make sure it was safe, Effie doubled back just a bit to collect something she had seen in the way there.

It was only a few minute's walk back to the light purple flowers, their scent leading her back to them from the thicket. She plucked a few of them from the ground and promptly headed back. She set the lavender in the entrance of the den once she returned and then waited for Rye. He wasn't gone much longer, and when he presumably glanced to the plants on the ground behind her, she gave him a shy smile. I picked them for us, she told him softly. The scent is supposed to be calming. Whether or not that was the truth, she honestly wasn't sure; she had always heard it but never actually tried it out, but the scent was nice regardless.
All the variety,
all the charm,
all the beauty of life
is made up of light and shadow
Messages In This Thread
Made me into something new - by Effie - August 04, 2020, 07:34 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - August 14, 2020, 05:37 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - August 18, 2020, 11:31 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - August 27, 2020, 05:37 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - September 02, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - September 09, 2020, 08:25 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - September 15, 2020, 11:30 PM