Hushed Willows staccato mamba
141 Posts
Ooc —
Confirmation came swiftly, and Sundance felt relief flood his system. Any uncertainty he had was washed away and he beamed at the other yearling, the pace of his white-tipped tail quickening in his excitement.

The feeling only grew at the very unexpected mention of another ghost of his past. Reif's name brought about a whole new wave of emotion. Valiant announced that he'd seen him recently, and both of the yearling's silver ears were thrust forward with interest. "He's alive!?" Sundance blurted, heart rate rising and head suddenly spinning. He'd always hoped his siblings had made it away to safety from the trembling earth; had his brother been present when their parents perished? 

"Oh, this is great news," he exhaled, "I hope he's not too far." Though Sundance's relationship with his two littermates had never been as strong as the one they had with each other, he loved them all the same. They were his family, after all.

He inhaled deep, tried to reign in his whirlwind of emotion. "I ran when the ground shook, and couldn't find my way back," he shared, "a pack took me in, and I left a few months later to look for a friend - remember Dorea?" He wasn't sure if Valiant would recall the bright-eyed sisters and their mother, who'd been a pretty private bunch during their time in Elysium.

Sundance settled to tell his tale, silver ears attentive for Valiant's own should he have chosen to do so. Only when evening sun began to dip did the yearling pair part ways, eager to rest which was sure to come more easily after such a pleasant reunion.
Messages In This Thread
staccato mamba - by Valiant - August 05, 2020, 10:44 PM
RE: staccato mamba - by Sundance - August 06, 2020, 03:50 AM
RE: staccato mamba - by Valiant - August 19, 2020, 08:46 PM
RE: staccato mamba - by Sundance - August 21, 2020, 05:05 AM