Emberflame Ridge There was a time when I was alone.
Loner
147 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
All Welcome 
Any and all welcome to join!

When the clouds parted to reveal the sun for a time, Sundance stole away from his beloved willows to seek higher ground so that he might better look out over the floodplains below. So much rain had fallen from the heavens in the weeks since his arrival, oftentimes torrential, and that water had to go somewhere.

It clung to the flora, which drooped beneath the weight of its droplets. Sundance thought the wildflower petals looked rather sad as he passed them by, colours muted and leaves yellowed by swollen earth.

He trailed along a worn deer path, out of Seelie territory and onto the rocky outcrop of their neighbouring ridge. The stone was wet and slick, with moss having sprouted in cracks; a quick glance skyward confirmed his suspicion of further precipitation to come in the form of dark, distant cloud. Sundance sighed, and carried on.

He looked out over the marsh to the North, felt dread work it's way into his gut. That land had been particularly damp even at the height of Summer the year prior, so it bothered him to see the ground so swollen even at such vast distance.
Messages In This Thread
There was a time when I was alone. - by Sundance - August 15, 2020, 05:29 AM
RE: There was a time when I was alone. - by Cenric - August 17, 2020, 11:41 AM
RE: There was a time when I was alone. - by Sundance - August 19, 2020, 04:59 AM
RE: There was a time when I was alone. - by Cenric - August 19, 2020, 02:20 PM
RE: There was a time when I was alone. - by Sundance - August 19, 2020, 02:44 PM
RE: There was a time when I was alone. - by Cenric - August 19, 2020, 06:15 PM
RE: There was a time when I was alone. - by Sundance - August 21, 2020, 02:41 AM
RE: There was a time when I was alone. - by Cenric - August 21, 2020, 10:59 AM
RE: There was a time when I was alone. - by Sundance - August 22, 2020, 06:14 AM
RE: There was a time when I was alone. - by Cenric - August 22, 2020, 02:09 PM
RE: There was a time when I was alone. - by Sundance - August 29, 2020, 04:03 AM
RE: There was a time when I was alone. - by Cenric - August 31, 2020, 10:10 PM
RE: There was a time when I was alone. - by Sundance - September 13, 2020, 07:21 AM