Firefly Glen the warm sunlight on my skin.
70 Posts
Ooc — Van
No posting order, you say? 0:)

This was by far the worst thing Hua had ever had them do. Just about on par with going to Neverwinter Forest in the first place, though Haoming understood that better. It was preferable to drowning on the island, after all... but it certainly wasn't like this. Forced interaction with cubs that were bigger than them - or at least, bigger than Haoming and Luli for sure. She couldn't tell about Nuwu and Xiaoqing. 

Two sets of golden eyes fixed on her - the solid black pups with the bigger woman, with eyes that looked like full moons setting in their dark faces. Her fur bristled as the girl approached her, and she fought not to take a step back. 

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed that two other children had approached her siblings, and her head snapped over to watch them, glancing between them and Hua and back to Mira again. She'd have to... to trust Hua to take care of them right now. The other pups didn't seem like they were going to hurt her siblings, so she'd have to show them that this wasn't dangerous. They were scared, so they needed to know that it was okay. 

And who better to show them than Haoming?

Odd-colored eyes fixed on Mira's gold and she swallowed down the lump in her throat, stepping forward to greet her. "I-I am Hao-Haoming," she announced, ears swiveling just slightly and stutter a bit more pronounced. Nervous, worried, but... she was trying. A glance was sent to the other boy with the golden eyes - and boy was it unnerving to be on the receiving end of that stare. "You are... st-staring. I w-won't bite you." At least, not right away. Maybe he was just too scared to come say hi. After all, her siblings were all huddled by Hua's feet still. 

Maybe her littermates would realize this was okay, too. Maybe Hua would be proud of her. She was being extra brave and extra nice here, after all, offering to take on conversation with two of these strangers.
Messages In This Thread
the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Huā - September 10, 2020, 06:09 PM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Luli - September 12, 2020, 11:17 AM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Xiaoqing - September 22, 2020, 09:28 PM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Haoming - October 07, 2020, 07:38 PM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Hydra - October 07, 2020, 07:42 PM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Caelum - October 08, 2020, 01:45 AM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Nǚwū - October 08, 2020, 02:10 AM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Mira - October 08, 2020, 02:21 AM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Altair - October 08, 2020, 11:31 AM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Mintaka - October 20, 2020, 11:01 PM
RE: the warm sunlight on my skin. - by Huā - November 03, 2020, 11:09 AM