King Elk Forest like a square peg in a circular hole
XII. The Hanged Man
74 Posts
Ooc — Werge
"Yes of course! It's really nice here. The forest is beautiful." He murmured with a dull delight, mimicking her little tail wags happily. Even more so when Cynefrid gladly agreed to tell him more and was even excited to do so. I've definitely come to the right wolf, then.

"Thank you, miss Cynefrid, I'll try to remember that." He chuckled, shifting the weight on his front paws as he notably tried not to be as self-conscious about his current situation. It was natural to feel the way he did, but she was absolutely right. It had pushed him to want to learn more. Still... The familial ties of the majority of the wolves made him feel like a bit of an outsider or someone who isn't in on the inside jokes. He wasn't yet aware that Cynefrid herself was a self-made Deorwine, not a blood relative. Perhaps one day he'd be a self-made Deorwine too...

A touch of warmth lit below his cheeks and he grinned wider, happy she was delighted by the rabbit he'd brought. Although he couldn't confirm nor deny her statement that was tacked onto it. Celnes was... Hard to read, and he had a difficult time reading wolves anyway. He hadn't exactly caught the feeling that he'd expressly charmed her on their first meeting, but she'd offered him packship nonetheless.

"You're sweet for saying that. Ah... Where to start... I have so many questions. The Great Elk, who is he- er- they?" He only knew the bare minimum thus far, little snippets of legends and such but nothing coherently laid out.
Messages In This Thread
like a square peg in a circular hole - by Henryk - September 30, 2020, 08:59 AM
RE: like a square peg in a circular hole - by Cynefrid - September 30, 2020, 08:45 PM
RE: like a square peg in a circular hole - by Henryk - September 30, 2020, 09:31 PM
RE: like a square peg in a circular hole - by Cynefrid - October 21, 2020, 09:44 PM
RE: like a square peg in a circular hole - by Henryk - October 23, 2020, 10:41 AM