Phoenix Maplewood not giving up
12 Posts
Ooc — Molo
Little guy told him not to sell himself short, that he believed Jethro was actually about as delightful as he was. A statement that seemed like a sort of backhanded compliment, but if so, it was not untrue. That one earned a soft chuckle. ”I’d say I was flattered... but, you got me beat, bud. Any day.” At least he had a pack that presumably valued him, for the knowledge and skills of an herbalist was something even Jethro’s former shitty family had held in high esteem. 

So, Jethro very much doubted the claim that was made a moment later, but if what he’d seen so far was any indication, so did the other guy. Rather than speak to that, however, he shook his head in faux empathy. ”That’s too bad. Think you’d be the last guy I’d wanna piss off.” At least, that would’ve been true, were he a part of any pack. A crafty herbalist, that had the potential to do who knew what to you? No fucking thanks. 

Kindly enough, though, little guy seemed more than eager to share a bit of information, which would be exactly the sort of trade Jet was looking for. Of course, however, the other couldn’t just let it be at that. As tempting as it was to find out what the begging bit might have entailed, what he’d said mere moments before still rang true. And Jethro was nothing if not a man of utmost integrity. When he wanted to be, of course. 

Exhaling softly, Jethro turned his attention towards the tree, stepping forth until he was just beside the trunk. ”One branch, comin’ up..” he muttered. Rocking back momentarily, Jet turned his gaze upward and made as if he were going to jump, but rather than landing with all four limbs on solid ground, he rested his front paws against the tree trunk, twisting his head so that he could sink his molars firmly into the surprisingly soft and malleable maple branch. Tasting a damned tree was definitely not something he’d thought he would be doing today, but the hell with it. Actually, it wasn’t all that bad. 

It took only a few moments of twisting and tugging to dislodge the tree limb from its place of growth, the far end of it falling to the ground. Jethro pushed himself off the tree as it fell, his front paws landing upon the ground with a soft thud, still holding one end of the limb in his grasp, so that little guy could presumably collect his sap from where the branch had been broken off. Little as he knew about these things, it seemed wiser than just dropping the thing in the dirt. 
Messages In This Thread
not giving up - by Jethro - October 19, 2020, 02:18 PM
RE: not giving up - by Evien - October 19, 2020, 06:38 PM
RE: not giving up - by Jethro - October 19, 2020, 08:33 PM
RE: not giving up - by Evien - October 19, 2020, 11:20 PM
RE: not giving up - by Jethro - October 20, 2020, 09:13 AM
RE: not giving up - by Evien - October 20, 2020, 08:32 PM
RE: not giving up - by Jethro - October 20, 2020, 11:43 PM
RE: not giving up - by Evien - October 21, 2020, 07:53 PM
RE: not giving up - by Jethro - October 22, 2020, 04:23 AM