Otatso Wetlands give me segregation
12 Posts
Ooc — Molo
Another few moments of trudging along, he paused, again, to look about. And there, just ahead was quite possibly the very thing he’d been hoping for. A dry plot of ground, perhaps two dozen or so steps ahead of him, harboring pair of trees that loomed over him and a third that had fallen over at some point, its root base having churned up enough soil to create a makeshift cavern of sorts.. which, almost seemed to good to be true.

Jethro closed his eyes tightly, half expecting he was imagining things, and that the sight would disappear upon reopening them, but it didn’t. ”Damn near perfect.” He muttered to himself, trudging forth just a little bit faster in an effort to more closely examine his potential new home. The spot of ground was laden with moss and aquatic shrubs, with a few odd patches of grass here or there, but the important thing was that it was dry. He could hardly believe it. Perhaps fate or the gods or whatever had finally decided to throw him a bone to make up for his usual shitty luck.

The sound of movement, and a white flash, immediately made him regret that thought. Of-fucking-course someone else would be here. A low growl threatened to rumble in his chest as he rested his gaze on the other. A light figure, dirtied of course due to wandering through the marshy landscape - but no less noticeable because of it - chose that moment to appear. She.. was of substantial size and build, he noted, and for a brief the two of them exchanged glances, but that was it. 

No words. No inquiry. Just silent acknowledgment, and then the two of them going about their own business. The white woman seemed focused on something else entirely, her course not indicating an approach. The irritation Jet had felt brewing subsided upon making that realization. A like-minded individual, it seemed, and he felt no need to bother her as she went about whatever the hell her business was. 

With a shrug, Jet turned and continued to plod the rest of the way towards his dry land, grateful, at last, for the opportunity to be out of the mud and water. Perhaps a nap would even be in order, now. Once he made sure white lady was well and truly gone, that was. 
Messages In This Thread
give me segregation - by Jethro - October 20, 2020, 09:59 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Paladin - October 21, 2020, 03:35 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Jethro - October 21, 2020, 08:54 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Paladin - October 22, 2020, 12:06 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Jethro - October 22, 2020, 04:37 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Paladin - October 22, 2020, 05:10 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Jethro - October 22, 2020, 06:38 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Paladin - October 23, 2020, 06:15 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Jethro - October 23, 2020, 11:13 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Paladin - October 24, 2020, 03:45 PM
RE: give me segregation - by Jethro - October 24, 2020, 07:31 PM