Wheeling Gull Isle A ghost beneath the tower.
42 Posts
Ooc — Nukilik
A place in her family..? The idea warms her in ways she does not anticipate. The hunt for a man had left her filled with sorrow and in hearing this offering Nukilik realized how wrong it was for her to leave; if she had stayed, she would be wed by now. If she had not followed the calling of the wind when her season came, perhaps her children would be here now; but she also knew that the ways of the natchik - her people - were considered by some to be barbaric. It held no space here upon this beautiful island.

She smiles meekly, licking her lips as she thinks. It will take much more consideration than a subtle mention; there would be time enough to meet this brother, to bide her time until the season came to her again. Thank you. Nukilik says; for the invitation, for the possible match, for being so good to her despite the distance and the time.

As Hua went through her stories Nuka reacted with a shifting countenance, walking alongside the Empress at her heel, taking every detail in. Nukilik had already presumed the woman had born children in reading her roundness but it was a surprise that she was yet unwed. A good thing this was not natchik territory thinks the northerner; a shame to think of those babes culled and laid to rest upon the island.

Their brow furrowed upon hearing of danger. Violent people were common, and Nuka had certainly met with her own fair share while seeking her partner. It is good to have friends, she quips when Hua pauses between explanations, smiling faintly. She is speaking more-so of the Empress herself. How blessed is Nukilik to have such a wonderful woman in her life again!

If you think you may travel— Hua began, offering details should Nukilik need any, they shook their head sharply. It would not bore me, I do want to learn more of our friends and any others - but I do not want to leave, not unless you need me to. She did not mean it to sound so permanent, she had only just returned, but there was a defensive quality to the way Nuka relayed this. If you need me to travel someday, maybe. I have missed your island very much. And.. missed you, too.

Nukilik's turn to blush.
Messages In This Thread
A ghost beneath the tower. - by Nukilik - November 04, 2020, 12:12 PM
RE: A ghost beneath the tower. - by Huā - November 04, 2020, 12:27 PM
RE: A ghost beneath the tower. - by Nukilik - November 04, 2020, 12:38 PM
RE: A ghost beneath the tower. - by Huā - November 04, 2020, 01:07 PM
RE: A ghost beneath the tower. - by Nukilik - November 04, 2020, 01:22 PM
RE: A ghost beneath the tower. - by Huā - November 04, 2020, 04:09 PM
RE: A ghost beneath the tower. - by Nukilik - November 04, 2020, 04:32 PM
RE: A ghost beneath the tower. - by Huā - December 11, 2020, 12:52 PM