Noctisardor Bypass sorry, i can't hear you
the wayward son
123 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Trade 

the morning is cold; made little more than insufferable by the dampness of the recent rain and the small catches of flurries that leave snowflakes tangled in his lashes before they melt. vex curls into the soft deer pelt, leaves crunching beneath as he twists and turns. afraid to go to sleep. afraid sos will appear. on and off all night, he’s drifted into uneasy and light sleep; when the sun finally begins to rise over the horizon, painting the bypass in a drab gray, he’s grumpy.

sour-faced and annoyed.

he kicks his deer pelt but it brings with it no satisfaction and storms off to the nearest freshwater source to get a drink. each rustle of leaves has him peering over his shoulder wearily; eyes cutting. nothing emerges from the writhing shadows but he every so often vex swears he feels the heat of sos’ hellbreath at the nape of his neck as if the shadowlord clung to his shadows.

there was a small inkling of power; electrifying, tempting vex to reach out and embrace it. embrace sos.

i am always with you, pigkuktuk —

the hairs along vex’s nape bristle as his steps cease; each muscle pulling taunt beneath his pelage as he looks left and right and turns in a full circle. he blinks and for a moment his shadow morphs; growing from him into something larger; something decidedly bear-shaped. vex looks away, quickly; empty stomach roiling.

you have called to me, and i’ve chosen you…

vex’s muscles thaw and he storms away, head high and ears slicked back against his skull in bristled annoyance. when he reaches the fresh water source he bends down to take a drink and recoils as he sees a blurred but massive black-furred, polar bear face behind his; rubyred eyes burning with hellfire. leave me alone. he snarls quietly, smacking his paw against the water and taking a drink from the rippling water.

hoping against all hope that no one heard him talking to his reflect. while vex was quick to lie and say he didn’t care what anyone thought about him the very last thing he wanted was for one of his packmates to think he was insane.

word count: 368
Messages In This Thread
sorry, i can't hear you - by Kaskae - November 08, 2020, 08:28 AM
RE: sorry, i can't hear you - by Warlock - November 21, 2020, 12:38 AM
RE: sorry, i can't hear you - by Kaskae - November 21, 2020, 12:07 PM
RE: sorry, i can't hear you - by Warlock - November 21, 2020, 09:35 PM
RE: sorry, i can't hear you - by Kaskae - November 24, 2020, 04:45 AM
RE: sorry, i can't hear you - by Warlock - November 29, 2020, 02:39 AM
RE: sorry, i can't hear you - by Kaskae - November 29, 2020, 01:03 PM