The Heartwood i'm having a breakdown, drinking at a playground; tequila for one
28 Posts
Ooc — Electra

sry for wait

What he asks is fair enough, she thinks.  While she isn't sure she can commit to staying around, she's no deserter.  Of course, she replies with a nod of her head.  It's nice to know that he's looking out for her, too.  They just met, but if this was another chance at having family — blood, for all that it's worth, for all that she'd already ruined — maybe he was setting an example that she could follow.  Unable to share her appreciation, she says instead I'll ... look out for you too.

I can help you look.  I'm not great at scouting territories, I'm ... more of a homebody.  And I know you didn't ask, but you can't trust me to keep things secure and fair, either.  So uh.. don't look at me.  She follows this up with a half-smile and an exceptionally short laugh, but one longer than she'd given anyone else thus far.

. . .

The conversation drifted, and ultimately Electra ended up agreeing to follow Zephyr.  He led the way, and they began to warm up to each other as the day turned to night.  They found a place to bed down, and eventually parted ways to have their own separate adventures, but would surely meet up again now that they were family and all that.