Hideaway Strath Long Live The Queen!
74 Posts
Ooc — Joja
So many new faces. Even the priestess, who she had spoken to on occasion, was vastly foreign to her. I have been gone far too long. It was time to make up for her absence, she would work herself to the bone to prove herself to her pack. To her Donovan. The first new face besides the huge white she-wolf was a shadow, darker than the night with eyes of smoldering red. Terrifying, she had to admit. A hellhound. Like the stories the no-furs used to whisper around the campfire late at night, when the snakes had long headed for their burrows. He smiles at Dove, a strange expression on a creature so fearsome. Auriel dips her head to him in greeting, but she would certainly not be nuzzling against that. 

Another black wolf, this time much smaller. Almost an adult by the looks of her, but not quite. This one's eyes were not so fear-invoking, instead, they were the beautiful blue of deep ice. She moves forward to bump against both the leaders and Auriel cannot help but wonder if she too is another of Donovan's playthings. He must have toyed with half the Wilds by now. Should she have bumped heads with the alphas? Having been raised in a sanctuary she knew not the rules of pack life as well as she should. Auriel dipped her head too to the black she-wolf, regarding her carefully. Females were harder to deal with. 

And then, finally, a face she could welcome with a carefree grin. "Derg!" She yapped, circling him with a bounce in her step and a wag of her tail. "I apologize for leaving so suddenly. I have missed you." The agouti had been the most welcoming to her when she first came to the Saint's, and although she had long gotten over her little crush (or so she thought) he was still her favorite besides Donovan. 

Close behind him is a female as white as snow, another with those red eyes, not so scary. Despite her scarred maw and body, despite the strange defect that made her this way, Auriel noticed she was quite beautiful. Like a fallen angel. The snow wolf finds her way to the other two females, and with a sinking feeling, Auriel realizes the three are not pleased to see her. I was here first. Get over it. It reminded her of the she-wolves back at the sanctuary, and how they would gossip about her. Childish, really. 

Next cam- oh...my. Beauty incarnate. There were no other words to describe the she-wolf who brushed so friendly against their alpha before taking a position nearby. Auriel is so distracted by her magnificence she does not notice the cold stares exchanged between her and the other females, or the strange horse-like dog that slips in. She knew Donovan was happy to spread himself around but she wondered if she would be allowed to bask in the glory of this one. I must know her name. "Derg." She nods her golden head towards the white she-wolf "Who is that?" Her voice is dropped to a whisper, not wanting to disturb Donovan as he began to speak. 

A coronation. That was the meaning of this meeting. The war-maiden she-wolf known as Nyra would be her alpha, someone who must earn her respect. The black she-wolf lifts her head to join the song, as such so does Auriel. As she lifts her head the howl that comes from her does not match her dainty appearance, it's a low ghostly kind of howl. As if it were echoing, despite there being nothing to echo off of. 
Messages In This Thread
Long Live The Queen! - by Kynareth Deagon - February 01, 2021, 05:47 PM
RE: Long Live The Queen! - by RIP Fury - February 01, 2021, 05:54 PM
RE: Long Live The Queen! - by Dove - February 02, 2021, 04:50 AM
RE: Long Live The Queen! - by Auriel - February 02, 2021, 10:09 AM
RE: Long Live The Queen! - by Hemlocke - February 02, 2021, 11:21 AM
RE: Long Live The Queen! - by Whrist - February 02, 2021, 11:36 AM
RE: Long Live The Queen! - by Derg - February 03, 2021, 05:02 AM
RE: Long Live The Queen! - by Arlette - February 03, 2021, 02:17 PM
RE: Long Live The Queen! - by Necahual - February 03, 2021, 09:22 PM
RE: Long Live The Queen! - by Simmik - February 03, 2021, 09:34 PM
RE: Long Live The Queen! - by Kynareth Deagon - February 06, 2021, 11:12 PM