Blackfeather Woods Wait, so psych eval isn't a formality?
I'm losing my faith in our lives apart.
35 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The lucidity was temporary. There would be no telltale sign of the boy shifting between the real and the imaginary, life or dream. The shadow advanced and settled beside him, he watched, but was distracted by a multitude of things. When named the shadow seemed more person than figment; the name itself made the boy chuckle as if he was in on some secret joke.

It didn't occur to him to say his own name. The darkness knew his name; it knew everything, always. While the stranger sat beside him and silence came weaving between, Hypnos finally felt his racing heart settle a bit.

I knew the fire was only in my head, Hypnos claimed. I knew the forest was safe. I knew it! But he was speaking of a different place. The boy drew in a deep breath and was quiet, studying what he found there. It wasn't the smell of ash and fire; even the shadow had a scent, a warmth. The gods wouldn't... wouldn't hurt us, they love us.

That last sentiment lacked conviction. He sounded more like a child pleading in favor of a concept he barely grasped. Those pale eyes watched Eldritch. Where is mother?
Messages In This Thread
Wait, so psych eval isn't a formality? - by Hypnos - May 05, 2021, 12:56 PM
RE: Wait, so psych eval isn't a formality? - by Hypnos - May 05, 2021, 02:28 PM