Hideaway Strath i don't live in california, i'll inform you,
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein stayed close to the den lately keeping an eye on his wife, he took pleasure in the comfort she sought and received with him. He monitored her closely never having the chance to be this close to the pregnant female for this long, He asked her endless questions and sought to find the right herbs to make her as comfortable as possible it became his goal in life even to the point where he neglected the gods for these past few weeks. He’d have to find a way to make it up to the gods lest they exact payment of a sort he was not willing to pay. However he could not bare to leave her side, not even to bless the Cenote he found deep within the caves.

Sleeping had been uncomfortable for him, his ribs though mostly healed still ached when he lay on them. Or at least he remembered that pain. He had taken to making a poppy seed and stem tea. It was far stronger then ingesting the seeds alone. Though if it were made to strong it could be lethal he had to be careful he tried to hide his tea making only making it when he made tea for her.  He almost wanted to tell her what to watch for should he overdose accidentally but he could not bring himself to. He didn’t want to worry her.

No matter how much tea he made for her she seemed less able to sleep until exhaustion overtook her, when that happened he’d lay awake and watch over her and keep guard as if he could protect her from her past demons. Though he could not, he sure as heck did try.

He was worried for his Angel of the Light she seemed more and more uncomfortable, He brought her herbs and water and anything he could could think of, he didn’t want to smother her but he needed something to do. He was eager to do her bidding and offer her his body when she could use him, he also offered murmurs of encouragement. When her voice came amongst the pained sounds he hurried to make her wishes real. He wished he could make her pain go away bare it for her. 

He returned with his birthing tincture and unstoppered it pouring a measure into a skull mug with was just a couple laps. In the birthing tincture was a natural oxytocin herb that would help the uterus contractions he also brought her the raspberry leaves and poured a measure of arnica tincture to help with the pain. He touched his muzzle to her cheek. His voice was a soft rumble “You are doing well My Heart, things are moving along smoothly, do not fear. But take these things to help your body along it’s journey.”  He surprised himself, he was not the mess he'd thought he’d be, instead he felt proud, proud for his wife whom was giving birth to life. She was a god in her own right, taking something so small as an act of love and turning it into life itself.

Though her pain unnerved him; He forced himself to remain calm and offer her whatever support he could taking cues from her to be where she needed him to be.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i don't live in california, i'll inform you, - by Vein - June 13, 2021, 10:03 PM