Ouroboros Spine Those lights
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
still very much open for any and all to join in :)

The first voice to greet him made his heart twinge slightly. How good it was to hear from Kukutux and in the moment when he revelled in hearing her voice, he was glad to hear that she was still here, leading. But what he did not anticipate was something that could possibly force him to abandon his former home completely.

He hadn't thought that they might sing the death songs simply because he had disappeared. And he knew that if they had, they wouldn't accept him back and might believe he was nothing more than a spirit, a fate worse than banishment. She was taking what she felt was a necessary precaution but it riled him so to be denied the acknowledgement that he even existed. He didn't oppose Kukutux's beliefs before- but he realized now how unfair it was for her to assume that a wolf was a spirit if they returned after the death songs had been sung. He hadn't questioned it before- but experience, now, changed his perspective.

He felt protective of his mate and wouldn't accept anyone doubting whether or not he lived. He wanted to see Lótë desperately, if she would have him. And he wouldn't allow Kukutux to stand in his way because she wasn't sure if he was alive or a spirit.

He should respect her authority- but he knew he was alive. He tried to temper his frustrations. So his voice was strong and resilient when he answered, immediately.

Were I a spirit, I would not abide, and would steal past the mortal borders to see my wife, heedless of your cautioning. He sang. She wouldn't have been able to stop him, if he'd not been mortal. But as it is, I live. And I will await judgement at the borders as all the living must. You will see. His voice rumbled fiercely. He'd obey her plea- but he was also quite ruffled that rather than simply judge him for his absence, he must prove that he even existed, first.
Messages In This Thread
Those lights - by Adrastus - August 17, 2021, 09:00 AM
RE: Those lights - by Kukutux - August 17, 2021, 06:04 PM
RE: Those lights - by Sialuk - August 17, 2021, 06:16 PM
RE: Those lights - by Adrastus - August 17, 2021, 08:11 PM
RE: Those lights - by Shikoba - August 17, 2021, 08:29 PM
RE: Those lights - by Lótë - August 17, 2021, 08:54 PM
RE: Those lights - by Adrastus - August 17, 2021, 09:13 PM
RE: Those lights - by Kukutux - August 17, 2021, 09:25 PM
RE: Those lights - by Shikoba - August 17, 2021, 09:36 PM
RE: Those lights - by Zane - August 18, 2021, 01:44 AM
RE: Those lights - by Adrastus - August 18, 2021, 07:15 AM