Raven's Watch My shadow staring back at me
14 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Private 
Sieghard ascended the incline at a moderate pace, though his sides heaved from the the exertion. Despite all of his exercises in which he engaged daily, this was taxing. Apparently, climbing - or at least sprinting uphill - should be added to his repertoire. He occasionally paused to take stock of his surroundings and to see how his view had changed. It also gave him a chance to discreetly catch his breath. The sky was darkening quickly, the sun having retreated to nest below the horizon. Clouds of nightshade and elderberry hues were blowing in on a cold wind. Sieghard slapped at a piece of loose stone with the side of his paw. It quickly vanished from his sight, but he could hear it clattering down the side of the escarpment for several seconds.

He continued his walk for about an hour more and then stopped at an overlook. There was ample space here for multiple wolves to gather, but he was alone, so he stood smack in the middle of the area. Why not stretch out? Alone... He hadn't liked answering to his trainer and others of his ilk, especially when unsavory tasks were placed upon him. He had been given so many orders, some of which had made his blood run cold or had made his moral compass feel that it was on the brink of shattering... Now, he only answered to himself, yet it still felt unfulfilling. He had coveted his liberty, and now that he had it, it felt... Well, it wasn't what he'd expected. Perhaps he just needed more time to adjust.

He tilted back his head, gazing at the sea of stars which had appeared among the dark. A million little lights, all pretty much identical... No one would notice if one went out, because there were so many others just like it. He felt an unaccustomed heaviness in his heart, but he would not sing about it. He never sang.

@The Listener
Messages In This Thread
My shadow staring back at me - by Sieghard - November 27, 2021, 11:42 AM
RE: My shadow staring back at me - by The Listener - November 30, 2021, 08:34 PM
RE: My shadow staring back at me - by Sieghard - December 12, 2021, 04:48 PM
RE: My shadow staring back at me - by The Listener - December 20, 2021, 11:44 PM
RE: My shadow staring back at me - by Sieghard - January 01, 2022, 06:04 PM