Blacktail Deer Plateau Heart weighs a ton
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I'm assuming everyone's present for this. This thread will only consist of one or two rounds, so it won't really count for EXP, unfortunately. Please post ASAP and/or let us know your plans here! :)

@Dante @Blue Willow @Finley @Amelie @Osprey @Finn @FitzDutiful @Atticus @Kaihra @Kesuk @Koda @Tytonidae @Pura

When Peregrine reached the plateau, he wanted to hug the ground a while, then find some food and take a long nap. He could do none of those things. This isn't your home anymore, pal, he reminded himself, his mouth twisting into a frown. This was not how he'd wanted to go about this, fretting and rushing and likely burning bridges because of his haste. Yet what choice did he have?

He should have called his co-leaders first or taken aside his sister and daughter. There just wasn't time for that, though. Instead, the Alpha male threw his head into the air and summoned everyone in his ranks. He would deliver the news all at once. This was the part where he expected some of them to hate his guts for the way he handled the situation. There wasn't much he could do about that.

Once his pack mates gathered around him — this was the last time he'd stand before this group as their Alpha — Peregrine said, "I have something important to tell all of you and I apologize for my brevity. Fox and I decided we would like to settle down and start our family somewhere we chose together as a pair. She wasn't happy here and I'm sure not all of you were happy with her either." He paused. "To make a long story short, we along with Lasher found a place to go. Fox and Lasher are there right now. The reason Fox isn't here to help me make this announcement — and the reason I'm rushing this entire thing — is because she's badly injured. I have to get back to her as soon as possible.

I wish I had more time to talk to each one of you, to make arrangements and say goodbye. I don't have that time now, though I want to establish a precedent right here and now: if you all will accept my offer, I would like our new pack, Redhawk Caldera, and Blacktail Deer Plateau to be sister packs. And if any of you would like to come with me back there, you're welcome, though I encourage you to stay here. This is a wonderful pack and although I will not deign to assign a new leader — Dante and Blue Willow will figure that out among themselves, I'm sure — you will be in great hands, no matter what."

His eyes swept his audience, taking in their expressions. He hated to do this to them, especially the likes of Blue Willow and Tytonidae. He was blindsiding them all. Peregrine could only hope that, if they were upset with him initially, they would forgive him in time. Up to this point, he had never been one to socialize with wolves outside of his pack, yet Blacktail Deer Plateau was about to become a huge exception to the rule that had governed his life for so long. They would have to hammer out details over time, yet Peregrine would never turn his back on the plateau or its wolves.

"I'll hang out for a few minutes to answer questions," Peregrine concluded, "though I have to get back to Fox quickly. Her life literally depends on me right now."
Messages In This Thread
Heart weighs a ton - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 03, 2014, 08:09 AM
RE: Heart weighs a ton - by Finley - October 03, 2014, 08:26 AM
RE: Heart weighs a ton - by Blue Willow - October 03, 2014, 08:50 AM
RE: Heart weighs a ton - by FitzDutiful - October 03, 2014, 10:12 AM
RE: Heart weighs a ton - by Dante RIP - October 03, 2014, 10:25 AM
RE: Heart weighs a ton - by Koda - October 03, 2014, 10:25 AM
RE: Heart weighs a ton - by Saēna - October 03, 2014, 12:29 PM
RE: Heart weighs a ton - by RIP Tytonidae - October 03, 2014, 12:45 PM
RE: Heart weighs a ton - by Osprey - October 03, 2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Heart weighs a ton - by Kesuk - October 03, 2014, 09:56 PM
RE: Heart weighs a ton - by Amelie - October 04, 2014, 11:04 AM