Falls of the Hinterlands sea water flowing from the middle of my thighs
76 Posts
Ooc — xynien
hers was an old soul, though none would ever guess it in the days to come. those ancient energies which flowed from one life to the next through the veins of the earth were thought to be serene and wise, as placid and relentless as the flowing river. those who knew the red witch as she grew would scoff to hear the words.
she was old, and had lived many lives, each in fire and blood. she had stormed through time, across realities, for so long that she had forgotten her true name, or if she'd ever had one.
memories filtered from her mind like sand pouring through a sieve; her last life, the latest in a long line. she grasped for them idly, a futile half-baked effort born of boredom. this part always lasted the longest.
elsewhere, her toes emerged into the world first, pointed outward and wriggling in outrage. here we go again.
just once, it might have been nice to be granted a dignified entrance to her new life. turns out, an old crone with enough anger can craft a curse to follow a soul even beyond death. by now the red witch had lost count of how many times she'd been come into the world feet-first, or if she was terribly unlucky, ass-first. as mortifying as her early attempt at self-decapitation was, it was only an unfortunate side effect of the true curse.
all in good time.
as she slid fully into the world, at the apex of the lunar eclipse which had so entranced her new mother, the witch was pleasantly surprised to find that she'd caught one. a memory, that is. a favorite quote from a favorite book, though she couldn't quite remember what a book was. and it was so very fitting for this night. it was already beginning to fade, and would be gone entirely by the morning, but for the moment she thought she could recall it. how did it go again?
ah.

"i told you i'd come back, didn't i?

i'm irrepressible, unforgivable, unstoppable, shameless, thoughtless, hopeless, heartless, running rampant, the wild child, undaunted, unrepentant, unsaved.

and baby, there is a story to tell.

i hear hell's bells calling me. it's time to boogie!

SO SLAM CUT TO:"

quote by anne rice!
Messages In This Thread
RE: sea water flowing from the middle of my thighs - by Raelle - May 16, 2022, 01:42 PM