Cedar Sweep The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
232 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She could see the moment she said her piece, that it hurt a little, but as always testament to his breeding and his line of work he quickly forced the expression from his face. But she could still tell, she could always tell.

She tilted her head watching him shake his head. The internal words that he was telling himself were probably harsh and unfair, but he would not accept her touch or her words against it right now.

She had enough and she pressed against his shoulder with her nose, not caring that he would growl about it. But it would force him out of his reverie, and when his attention was on her, and the scandalous look would enter his eyes, she would back away.

You needn't apologize. She lifted her head high, as she was taught and spoke, forcing conviction into her voice.

I to am angry at the world, but I am also grateful. I would not be here, not alive if it were not for  you or your quick thinking. You are making sure I am well-fed and warm, that I can take care of myself, and that is more precious than other things. A small silver lining at the darkness that upturned our lives.

She frowned. Although I am sorry that you are forced to be in my presence constantly now, you get no break.
Messages In This Thread
RE: The world was on fire and no one could save me but you - by Adylaide - December 14, 2022, 11:23 AM