Noctisardor Bypass teach me to be a better man than I am now
Yeah, we're secretly out of control and everyone knows
21 Posts
Ooc —
If Evander had been watching Everett's face instead of dancing in the clearing behind him, he would have known his brother was hiding something else from him. But Evander was dancing, with eyes closed and thoughts fixed only on the words Everett offered. Nothing more than that, and he noted nothing in his silence, except the end of an answer.

And he laughed, rubbed with scorn. Yeah, I know.

They'd lived too long with lies around them for Evander to lie to Everett now. And even if they hadn't, he didn't think he had it in him to sugarcoat the things he saw. Don't get me wrong, he's been rubbing me the wrong way too, the way he's been heralding himself around like a boy saviour, and Evander puffed out his chest and laughed again, but he's just a boy, Rhett, and we're grown men. He's acting with the arrogance we had when we were his age. I say we talk to him, man to man, and if he doesn't listen, we can make up our mind after that.

Evander finally looked at his brother through the crack of a glance, C'mon brother. We've all had enough secrets and squabbles to last us five lifetimes. Let's settle this one like family should.
Messages In This Thread
teach me to be a better man than I am now - by Everett - February 12, 2023, 09:58 PM
RE: teach me to be a better man than I am now - by Evander - February 12, 2023, 10:08 PM
RE: teach me to be a better man than I am now - by Everett - February 12, 2023, 10:25 PM
RE: teach me to be a better man than I am now - by Evander - February 12, 2023, 10:32 PM
RE: teach me to be a better man than I am now - by Everett - February 12, 2023, 10:38 PM
RE: teach me to be a better man than I am now - by Evander - February 12, 2023, 10:50 PM
RE: teach me to be a better man than I am now - by Everett - February 12, 2023, 11:00 PM
RE: teach me to be a better man than I am now - by Evander - February 12, 2023, 11:21 PM