Phoenix Maplewood I want to reach a higher place.
36 Posts
Ooc — Cryptid
All Welcome 
SEASHELL #4: Your character discovers fairy circles in an unlikely place.

It smelled sweet here, of all things. Willow didn't know why the air had a honeyed quality to it, only that it was a nice touch. He found himself in the heart of the forest before long — maple trees standing tall and red while the sun beamed down upon it, the sky a brilliant blue where the gaps allowed.
If he could choose any place to live, this was his favorite option so far. As he hiked he thought to himself, Dad would love this place, and further along, when he found what looked to be an abandoned foxhole, he ducked his head in to the opening to investigate and wondered what it might be like to see his baby siblings inside.
Not once did Willow think of himself as the parenting type; he'd put such a distance between himself and that concept (since that was something Liffey had always quietly pushed upon the girls of the family), that the idea of himself as a father (or worse, a mother) was one of his deepest, darkest fears.
But, his siblings would have loved this place.
As he withdrew from the narrow hole, he shook his shoulders and took a deep breath of the maple-sweet air. It was then he noticed an open patch of green nearby. The grass was tall around the base of the trees, but the shadowed core of the field was grazed low - presumably by the resident herd - and there, dotted throughout the grass, were mushrooms in a ring.
Willow's head gave a subtle tilt as curiosity spurred him onwards for investigation.

Note: Feel free to misidentify Willow's gender! He identifies as male but is only open about it with select family.

Messages In This Thread
I want to reach a higher place. - by Willow - July 02, 2023, 02:39 PM
RE: I want to reach a higher place. - by Aditya - July 03, 2023, 09:42 PM
RE: I want to reach a higher place. - by Willow - July 05, 2023, 01:08 PM
RE: I want to reach a higher place. - by Aditya - July 05, 2023, 06:27 PM