The Sunspire Got a real good feelin something bad's about to happen
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
*casually throws another ripple in the dramatics*
Vienna's life has been far too easy (and I was getting complacent with her lol). Occurs shortly after her thread with Sumayl. I move sorta slowly with her so wanted to get this up.

What is it with the cougars rn? Hope you don't mind me assuming it's the same one Ferdie met since it seems to have a taste for wolf now

Edit: perhaps she and @Jace can have a character building party?

After their trip to the other mountain, Vienna had parted ways with Sumayl, but had not immediately returned to the Sunspire. Instead she had cut southward, hitting the edge of Greatwater lake and trailing around it. It was a pleasant journey, and she got to see even greater parts of the lands than previously explored.

There's a saying that claims most accidents happen nearest home. Applied mostly to vehicles, of course, yet it seemingly had applications in the wilds as well. Because it wasn't until Vienna got within the mountain's shadow that the trip turned sour.

She knew where the cougar was. At least, where it had been a few hours ago.

She hadn't scented the creature until it was upon her, though luckily she had the instant before it struck. Hiding upon a ledge above, it ambushed seemingly from the sky, dropping upon her back like a lead weight and knocking her off her paws, legs buckling beneath her. Fortunately she had twisted just in time to throw off it's aim or the bite that took a good bit out of the base of her neck would likely have severed straight through her spine. A frenzied struggle followed, one that resulted in the long gashes down her sides and her eventual success in escaping the beast. At first she had run, constantly looking back, expecting to see the cat following. And perhaps it had, for a time, but even an injured wolf would have endurance that far outpaced the feline.

As she crossed the borders, however, her paws dragged with weariness, tail hanging and usual exuberance gone, sapped by exhaustion. She stared at the formidable slope before her and sat down with a shuddering sigh, lowering herself to the ground, ears flat, eyes closed. A quick rest, then she could continue. Darkness engulfed her as she drifted off, halfway between sleep and unconsciousness.
Messages In This Thread
Got a real good feelin something bad's about to happen - by Vienna IA - November 07, 2014, 09:47 PM