Jade Fern Grove I'm a mascot for what you've become
29 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
Private 
Time was what she had needed, and time was what she had taken. Elphaba wound slowly through the mountains before redirecting her course back to the valley. She spent a lot of time thinking about @Equinox; about what it meant to be married to him.

At the time it had just seemed like the next step, and looking back she felt a little stupid. There was no trace of regret in her — but she couldn't help thinking of what she'd said to Equinox about having children. That she knew nothing.

She tracked a rabbit through a meadow and tore into it without waiting for it to draw a final breath. She thought about the first rabbit she'd ever killed, the way her heart had been in her throat and she hadn't even tasted the blood at first. The thing Elphaba hadn't expected about young adulthood was how often she found herself reaching for memories of a past she'd been desperate to leave behind. Life had just felt different then. She thought sometimes that it was the constant novelty of inexperience, and other times that it must have been the freedom, the complete lack of responsibility for her own immediate future.

Most of the time, she didn't know. She just knew that she missed the way the world looked when she was young, and she wished that she didn't.

It was late when she finally slipped into the grove, picking out Equinox's scent at once. For a time she followed. Then she realized all at once that she couldn't go back to him like this, and broke away from his trail. The night was clear and alive with the small sounds of the forest, but it went silent as she called to him through the trees. She turned away with her nose low, pushing through the ferns in search of a scent to follow. Nox would have to find her. She needed to track something, something she could kill. Not him.
Messages In This Thread
I'm a mascot for what you've become - by Elphaba - July 29, 2023, 08:51 PM
RE: I'm a mascot for what you've become - by Equinox - August 12, 2023, 01:42 PM
RE: I'm a mascot for what you've become - by Elphaba - August 12, 2023, 02:35 PM