Jade Fern Grove I bear to breathe; the smoke will fall
91 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
She had seen Duskfire Glacier on cresting the upper reaches of the Sunspire range, and at once regretted her return.

True to her name, Wayfarer had roamed far and wide since dispersing from her family. The decision to wander had been an easy one considering the strained relationship with her mother. It'd been difficult to see Lane blossom while she ached over the upheaval of her own life, and leaving had felt so liberating. Wayfarer had often wished Veteran could've tagged along with her on the grand adventure she'd chosen, however, and it was the hope of a reunion with her brother that'd brought her back to the lands they'd been born to.

The pack had not been where she'd left it, and the young she-wolf carried on with her search. It'd been a long time since her departure and they could've wound up anywhere, though some small part of her was hopeful that Veteran or one of their half-siblings might've claimed their father's territory. It was what Wintersbane had wanted for them, right? To look out at the glacier from her vantage point had unearthed the darker memories she'd buried from her childhood, and the little flame of anticipation she'd felt at the idea of trailing those familiar routes had been snuffed.

Grief was not something she could process well. It was part of living, obviously - no one could avoid that fate - and still she felt bitter over the unfairness of it all. Revisiting it was not a good idea, she decided, and descended into the lowlands with every intention of giving Duskfire Glacier a wide berth.

Autumn was well on its way, and Wayfarer could taste it on the crisp morning air. Soon she'd need to start thinking seriously about setting up a base for herself for the cold season, and just as she began to consider her options she lifted her amber gaze to catch sight of another as they rolled around in the grasses. She paused to observe, curious, and her lips curved upward in a soft smile of amusement.
"After all we've been through, everything I've done,
it can't all be for nothing."

Messages In This Thread
I bear to breathe; the smoke will fall - by Reverie - September 07, 2023, 12:35 PM
RE: I bear to breathe; the smoke will fall - by Wayfarer - September 17, 2023, 08:37 AM
RE: I bear to breathe; the smoke will fall - by Reverie - September 17, 2023, 10:29 AM
RE: I bear to breathe; the smoke will fall - by Wayfarer - September 17, 2023, 12:44 PM
RE: I bear to breathe; the smoke will fall - by Reverie - September 27, 2023, 12:54 PM
RE: I bear to breathe; the smoke will fall - by Wayfarer - September 27, 2023, 01:35 PM
RE: I bear to breathe; the smoke will fall - by Reverie - September 27, 2023, 02:28 PM
RE: I bear to breathe; the smoke will fall - by Wayfarer - October 12, 2023, 12:49 PM
RE: I bear to breathe; the smoke will fall - by Reverie - October 23, 2023, 11:19 PM