and if there's life after that, i'll love you then
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
@Paarthurnax Set at the outskirts of SC borders :)

<style type="text/css"> r3 {color: #87CEFA; font-size: 12px;} .r3box {background-color: #000000; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/9MixFRS.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border: 1px solid #261615;} .r3text {margin: auto; width: 380px; color:#696969; text-indent: 15px; font-family: Augustus; line-height: 17px; font-size: 12.5px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 670px; margin-top: 20px;}</style>

It had been several days since he had left the Bypass to search for Paarthurnax, he had left his two most trusted wolves in charge while he was gone. His fur was messy and matted for he had only groomed it once since she'd left. And he most certainly didn't feel the need to groom it now. Shadow did not trust those Swiftcurrent wolves, especially that white arctic one he had met at the meadow, he was a reckless brute and he didn't doubt that there would be no hesitation when it came for the white wolf to sink his fangs into him. But then, he himself wouldn't hesitate to defend those he loved.

Night had fallen over the Teekon Wilds and he was close to the Creek now, although Paar's scent trail was not strong, it was quite easy for him to track her down. A scout to some, an assassin, spy and warrior to others. It was as if she wanted him to find her, although he knew that was not the case. So she had indeed gone to Swiftcurrent, he smiled grimly. It would not do to howl for her, for it would only attract the attention of uninvited visitors and it would not be smart.

The moon was high in the midnight sky and he exhaled softly, perhaps it would be best to try to contact her in the morning, but it was too risky to sleep in case the Creek wolves found him. Shadow would just have to be on his guard, the silver Roman trotted silently to the nearby woods, there was no true destination for the Angelus Mortis, his paws seemed to know where to go and his body followed willingly. Platinum eyes flashed from the darkness as he moved. He was heading towards the heart of the forest, and it wasn't long before he arrived at a clearing, it glowed an ethereal silver, the large towering pine trees surrounding it. There were no rocks or any objects in the clearing, only grass. Guided by an unknown force, Shadow trotted to the center and gazed around, half warily and half in awe.

filius meus, angelus mortis", he did not know whether it was spoken in his head or out aloud, but he knew it was the king's voice. Lord Jupiter. Jupiter Dominus" he spoke softly in reply and waited for the god to answer. et preces quae deprecatus exaudietur". He didn't speak, for he knew his lord was not finished. sustinens et habebis signum Iouis honorem"

Shadow heard whispers then and he felt the presence of spirits, of the gods of Rome and they swirled around him. The familiar voice of the founder of the Angelus Mortis line, the god of the underworld, Pluto, echoed in his ear and he thought he felt a pat on his shoulder. What did the dies pater mean by him bearing the mark of Jupiter. He did not understand. And then slowly, the voices and whispers vanished into the cool night air, though their presence remained, as if waiting for something to happen. And something did happen. There was a flash of blinding light and he barely saw the edge of a wing before he felt a stab of pain on his left brow/forehead and on his muzzle. The pain increased moments later and he blinked once, crimson blood dripping into his left eye. There were three long deep bleeding gouges on the left side of his forehead and stopped just on top of his eye. The cut on the right side of his three cuts had a weird look to it, for halfway in the middle, it began to move horizontally before moving with the flow of the claw again. It was a distinct shape of a lightning bolt, the symbol of power of Jupiter. The mark of Jupiter.

And two long talon slashes on the top of his muzzle, the Roman looked forward and blinked but he could not see through the thick curtain of blood splattered on his left eye, so he used only his right eye and spotted three eagles looking at him with bright beady stern eyes. Three was a sacred number and the eagles were the animals of Jupiter, perhaps these were what the shining father meant by the mar of Jupiter. That the gods were still looking out for him, even if they had to cut his flesh open to show it. signum meum tibi nunc freta angeli mortem. Talia enim multi lupi superbia porta eos honore.". Shadow exhaled softly, the blood still in his eye, Gratias tibi, dies pater, ad hoc munus et honor et gloria ferre." there was a gentle huff of air beside his ear before he felt the god vanish, leaving his subordinates behind.

The Roman Imperator dipped his head towards the king and the lead eagle, giving him one last look, departed into the sky with its two subordinates following it. Scarlet liquid dripped onto the silver grass and Shadow couldn't help but smile the faintest of smiles.

Messages In This Thread
and if there's life after that, i'll love you then - by Shadow - November 11, 2014, 11:29 PM