Moonspear You are the only mother I have ever known
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
Anyone in Moonspear, and @Towhee is welcome to join, but he's looking for @Sialuk.

The dawn of morning saw Rolayne at the base of the mountain. He was exhausted. Such a trek should have been impossible for such a young wolf, but he was determined to get to her. He had thought of her every day since he had been taken from Moonspear. And he did feel as if he was taken. He had not gone willingly. He felt as if his tiny heart had been torn in two, and half of it had stayed with Sialuk. 

Sure, numerous adults, including his Dad and Sialuk, had explained that she wasn't his mother. She was not the one who brought him into this life. He understood that. But, Sialuk had been there from the first moment he could remember. She had mothered him, fed him, groomed him, chided him, and loved him. By all the ways he understood what a mother was, she was his. 

And this is what kept him putting one paw in front of the other. He had paused momentarily to gaze up at the mountain, a massive undertaking for the pup. But, once the wind brought with it the scent of the borders of Moonspear, he continued on. He was so close.

It took him quite some time to reach the borders, and every muscle in his body screamed while his lungs struggled to suck in air. Even as much energy as Rolayne had, this was really much beyond his abilities. And, yet, as he stepped into the territory, he knew he had done it. 

He did not bother to call anyone at the borders, as he felt this was his home, and he was here for his mother. His tail gave a brief wag as he smelled her scent marked on the territory line. He would have called for her, howled to let her know he was here, but he did not have the energy to do so. One paw in front of the other. Repeat. He had slowed to barely a walk, and his head hung low, but he would not stop. He could not.
Messages In This Thread
You are the only mother I have ever known - by Rolayne - January 02, 2024, 08:17 AM
RE: You are the only mother I have ever known - by Towhee - January 02, 2024, 08:56 AM
RE: You are the only mother I have ever known - by Sialuk - January 02, 2024, 12:57 PM
RE: You are the only mother I have ever known - by Rodyn - January 02, 2024, 01:16 PM
RE: You are the only mother I have ever known - by Rolayne - January 02, 2024, 03:02 PM
RE: You are the only mother I have ever known - by Towhee - January 02, 2024, 03:36 PM
RE: You are the only mother I have ever known - by Sialuk - January 02, 2024, 10:15 PM
RE: You are the only mother I have ever known - by Rolayne - January 03, 2024, 06:58 PM
RE: You are the only mother I have ever known - by Sialuk - January 05, 2024, 04:17 PM
RE: You are the only mother I have ever known - by Rolayne - January 05, 2024, 10:10 PM
RE: You are the only mother I have ever known - by Sialuk - January 10, 2024, 09:12 PM
RE: You are the only mother I have ever known - by Rolayne - January 10, 2024, 09:19 PM