The Sunspire If the night is burning I shall cover my eyes
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
for @Sumayl when you get back or whenever you have time dear! I figure they could always use development and I had muse.
Also want to get this up before the holidays hit as I may be going on absence as well ^^. It is backdated a tad if that is ok.

Vienna's flanks rose and fell steadily as she slept, deeply and calmly. Her injuries had improved some and the infection, though still there, did not seem so bad now. She had had a rough week initially and had been glad for her brother's frequent presence. She did feel as though she had finally hit the bottom and now had nothing to do but climb.

Her sleep had started out dreamless, but before too long she found herself walking the familiar paths of the mountain. A growing feeling of unease began to fill her as she did so, and before long she found herself picking up speed. Her run was cut short when a dead weight drive into her from above and she fell, terrified despite the dream's lack of pain as she felt the familiar sensation. In a sudden shift she was no longer on the ground but instead stood on the sidelines. Instead her brother lay there, bleeding and unmoving.

She awoke with a whine that was swiftly subdued into a whimper. During the days her spirits had remained pretty high despite her bedridden nature. In the darkness, however, and with the nightmare opening the floodgates, she shifted until she faced the wall and let loose, shoulders shaking with silent sobs. Come morning she knew her fears and doubts would seem silly and far away, but tonight she was alone with her demons and, though they did not appear in force often, they could not be contained well right now.
Messages In This Thread
If the night is burning I shall cover my eyes - by Vienna IA - December 15, 2014, 09:52 AM