Redhawk Caldera the old bridge is on fire and i’m the one to blame
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
@Fox and @Peregrine — I know there's still no room, but I thought I should make it interesting. I don't think she'd keep putting it off. :X

She'd been back in the Wilds for several days, now, doing whatever she could think of to avoid the entire reason she had returned in the first place. Every step she took towards Redhawk Caldera made her want to vomit from the anxiety— a reaction she had never experienced before in her life. She had been through a lot in her one year, but anxiety was alien to her. She usually faced her fears with anger and boldness, or just let them roll off her shoulders and didn't face them at all. Somehow, this time was different. Perhaps because for the first time ever, she felt like everything was at stake— and that she was powerless to do anything about it.

Seeing Summer again had been the push she needed, it seemed. If she could face that, she could certainly face this— couldn't she?

The haunch of a young doe hung from her jaws, the taste of blood running down her throat doing little to calm her stomach. It hadn't been a hard catch, once she managed to catch one of the herd alone; the ungulate had dashed into deep snow while the rest of her herd went the other way and got herself stuck. It was embarrassingly easy. But it was meat, and she couldn't arrive on Fox and Peregrine's doorstep without an offer of goodwill— she knew that much.

When the walls of the caldera rose up before her, the faint scent of its wolves carried down below the elevation, Magpie dropped the haunch and tenuously howled for the alpha pair.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
the old bridge is on fire and i’m the one to blame - by OG Magpie - January 24, 2015, 06:55 PM