Big Salmon Lake I Lost My Heart, My Home is the Ocean
44 Posts
Ooc —
Muirgen's entrance into the Wilds! :D No need to match length.

When she had departed from her home, the cold season had nearly reached it's peak, but then it'd started to slowly fade as her legs carried her farther and farther from shore where she'd been born. It was strange traveling alone, with nothing put her seal skin and thoughts to keep her company, but the young wolf didn't mind so much. It was calm and relaxing, and while she missed her home and family, she knew her leaving had been a good thing for herself. She'd always showed a great interest in seeing the lands and the seas beyond the bay her family lived on, and had been overjoyed when her parents gave her their blessing to travel away. They had, of course, warned her to always beware of strangers and thieves, and to never let her skin out of her sight unless she'd hid it well. It was something she'd be taught since birth, but hadn't needed to worry much while back home. No one stole the skins of others there, which had been her very cautious and weary of others for the first few weeks of traveling. Paranoia, really, but it had faded quickly.

At some point in her journey, Muirgen had wandered away from the sea, and straight through a place that didn't allow any oceans to touch it. It had been a sad discovery for her, as she missed seeing what Lir had given them, but it was all in the name of exploration. She wished to return to the ocean's side soon, but not even the pleasant scent of salt could reach her nose from where she was. How cruel the land was to do this to her, but she did not resent it for that. Instead, she continued forward, seal skin close to her heart, until she crossed over into the Wilds. It was a foreign land, completely new to her, but had caught her interest quickly. The wind was against her back, seeming to urge her forward, and she saw such a thing as a message from Lir himself. He wanted her to continue on her path, as he knew what laid ahead, and wished for her to reach it. At first she didn't know why, and didn't even try to question it, but all become clear the second she saw a source of water.

Muirgen ran towards it instantly, spirits high and hopeful. Her mood faltered slightly when she noticed that it was just a lake, but rose once more when she spotted some fish showing themselves where the ice had thawed. The girl made her way over, placing her skin over he back as she did so, and stopped near a patch of the water. The ice was thin and easy to break, but that could scare the fish away, which left her to keep an eye on a decent sized patch of water. She watched and watched, her only movements the steady rise and fall of her chest. The second a fish came close to the surface, her head shot down and forward, jaws open and wide. There was a loud splash, but when her head rose again, she had a fish clamped firmly between her jaws. The young of her home where always caught to fish before being taught to hunt, which had made her pretty skilled. With a small growl sounding form her stomach, the selkie made her way over to a spot that looked comfortable enough and laid down. The fish was dropped at her paws and her head turned to pull the skin off her back. Muirgen laid the leopard seal skin on the ground, stood, stepped onto it, then laid back down, essentially protecting it from anyone who might try to take her. She then wen to work with eating her catch, taking small, clean bites as her ears swiveled to listen to the world around her.
Messages In This Thread
I Lost My Heart, My Home is the Ocean - by Muirgen - March 02, 2015, 05:44 PM
RE: I Lost My Heart, My Home is the Ocean - by Joestar - March 03, 2015, 01:09 AM
RE: I Lost My Heart, My Home is the Ocean - by Muirgen - March 03, 2015, 01:29 AM
RE: I Lost My Heart, My Home is the Ocean - by Joestar - March 03, 2015, 01:59 AM
RE: I Lost My Heart, My Home is the Ocean - by Muirgen - March 03, 2015, 02:23 AM