Wapun Meadow Once upon a time...
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
A mere few weeks ago, the hot-headed Saena would've perceived Arabella's disbelief as judgment and would've lost her head over it. She was able to think more clearly now, and though part of her still scoffed at wolves who thought age meant anything (it did, whether she believed it or not), another part of her had come to accept this sort of adversity. It was why she'd left the plateau in the first place, though not in those exact words.

"I don't believe age makes a good or bad Alpha," she explained, "nor do I think you can be too young. Well, I mean," she corrected herself, "obviously a puppy couldn't lead a pack, but a yearling can, don't you think? I mean, we do the same things older wolves do. I'm a yearling, myself, and not to toot my own horn, but I have three trades under my belt as well." Of course, in saying this, Saena had mistakenly lumped Arabella into the yearling category as well, likely because she wasn't keen enough to pick out the subtle differences between a yearling and a mature adult wolf. Arabella's beauty and soft voice did little to help with Saena's little illusion.

"As for where I'll go, well... I actually haven't decided that yet," she admitted quietly. "I've only been gone from home for, well, about three days. I know I want somewhere high up," she finished somewhat sheepishly. As though to convince herself as much as her companion, the female glanced at the horizon and said, "I think I'll know it when I see it."

The two talked for a while longer—in the end, Saena didn't invite Arabella to join her, probably because of her previous comment about being too young, although the woman would never really tell—and parted, with the strangely fragile-looking princess heading somewhere to the north while Saena went south again.
Messages In This Thread
Once upon a time... - by Arabella - March 27, 2015, 05:29 PM
RE: Once upon a time... - by Saēna - March 27, 2015, 07:09 PM
RE: Once upon a time... - by Arabella - March 27, 2015, 08:45 PM
RE: Once upon a time... - by Saēna - March 28, 2015, 10:38 AM
RE: Once upon a time... - by Arabella - March 28, 2015, 12:17 PM
RE: Once upon a time... - by Saēna - March 31, 2015, 12:10 PM
RE: Once upon a time... - by Arabella - April 02, 2015, 05:47 PM
RE: Once upon a time... - by Saēna - April 02, 2015, 06:55 PM