Ravensblood Forest My life ain't filled with worries
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Another!  I'm caught up with the other guys (for the most part) :D  all welcome!

The fight with Koda had been an unfortunate occurance, for sure, but it had held one happy side effect.  Like dust in the rain, Dante had felt his anxieties about his leadership in the Plateau fade away in the aftermath of the conversations that had followed, the fear of failure that had plagued him since he began the journey finally in the past.  At times it took him a long while to come to realizations, especially when it came to his own flaws, but this one had been groundshaking.  He had done both himself and his packmates a disservice in his thoughts ever since he took up the mantle of alpha.  His fear of them turning on him for every little mistake, every little happening... it not only questioned their loyalty, but also their friendship to him.  If his intentions were good, and his heart true, then they would see that.  To think anything else was to assume they were not smart enough to choose for themselves, and many of them had already done that.  No one had stopped those who were there from following Peregrine that day, but still they had remained.  They had accepted him.  He needed to trust that decision.  If it proved to be wrong, well, he would have tried his best.  But worrying would get him nowhere and did not serve anyone.

This was not to say he would remain idle.  His defeat at Koda's paws had revealed a true flaw in his lifestyle... he had grown complacent with peace.  As a subordinate, and a warden, this was fine.  But as an alpha, a warrior's skills were a must, for challenges could come in many guises.  This was why he stood where he did, and why his eyes were locked with that of a large bull moose, who returned the stare from a mere twenty feet away.  Once he had berated Finley for this very exercise, but her jaunty challenge had been a merry game.  This was no game.  A low growl was released as the moose lowered it's head, tossing it's antlers in clear warning.  Holding his ground, he took a step foward, the rumble in his throat growing louder.  He cut it off, though, as abruptly the moose charged, massive antlers aimed directly for Dante.

Leaping to the side and rolling, he managed to avoid the toss of the rack towards his fleeing form, though barely.  This was an exercise in agility, something he was severely lacking.  It had always been a harder point for him to get the hang of, as he did not tend naturally towards it, but never had he been this slow.  The growl resumed as the moose slowed, turning to face it's agressor once more.  He wasn't sure if it would make another pass, but if so, he would attempt a snap at it's leg.  He was not hunting just now, so would do no damage.  Just a dance that would instill not only reflex, but control as well.
Messages In This Thread
My life ain't filled with worries - by Dante RIP - May 07, 2015, 08:55 PM
RE: My life ain't filled with worries - by Junior - May 12, 2015, 11:08 AM
RE: My life ain't filled with worries - by Dante RIP - May 12, 2015, 03:07 PM
RE: My life ain't filled with worries - by Junior - May 12, 2015, 03:53 PM
RE: My life ain't filled with worries - by Dante RIP - May 12, 2015, 11:36 PM
RE: My life ain't filled with worries - by Junior - May 14, 2015, 09:32 AM
RE: My life ain't filled with worries - by Dante RIP - May 15, 2015, 08:49 AM
RE: My life ain't filled with worries - by Junior - May 15, 2015, 02:11 PM
RE: My life ain't filled with worries - by Dante RIP - May 16, 2015, 09:19 AM
RE: My life ain't filled with worries - by Junior - May 16, 2015, 09:37 AM
RE: My life ain't filled with worries - by Dante RIP - May 17, 2015, 08:54 PM