Redhawk Caldera I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Pantaleimon arrived soon after the Blackthorn family; Elwood was glad to see that another packmate had reacted the same way he had. His first thought had been to find Fox and Peregrine, both because they were his leaders and because he felt a sense of strength in numbers. He flashed a small, tight-lipped smile at Wildfire as she quietly reassured Elwood Jr, who didn't seem to be aware that the pack was in crisis. He then shifted his gaze nervously between the adults of the group as Fox explained that she just wanted to relocate somewhere safe, and Peregrine decided that they would go underground.

This wasn't a problem for Finley or Elwood, and they both moved quickly to follow the others. They had both spent plenty of time beneath the Caldera's surface, and though it was perhaps unnatural for a wolf to enjoy spelunking, Elwood felt no additional fear. Before they slipped into the tunnel, Peregrine loosed a howl for any stragglers, and Elwood added his own voice to the message; he simply emphasized the importance of seeking safety.

Elwood ushered Finley ahead of him -- still, with no protest from Eljay -- and then followed her into the cavern. Peregrine was behind him, and he paused only to throw a glance over his shoulder at the Alpha male before they all started to descend. They soon emerged into a cavern just large enough for the group and Elwood guided his mate and child to a corner, where they curled up and he sat rigidly with his tail wrapped around his paws.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too! - by Elwood - July 23, 2015, 11:57 PM