Request to Join the Pack
20 Posts
Ooc — Adrianna
As she came to this new territory's border,Fire hesitated.If she joined a pack,she would no longer be known as an alpha.Not even a past alpha.She'd have to prove herself all over again,but finding and catching food was hard for a lone wolf.Fire whimpered;she missed FireFang.She longed for the days when food was plentiful and she was the alpha.She longed for her pack,her mate,and most of all Raven.But they were all dead now.Fire shook the thought from her head,then stepped over the pack's border line."No turning back now." She thought,shaking the dust off her gleaming white coat.Fire tilted her head back and let out a melodious,friendly howl to the pack's alphas.
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena had finally found a comfortable position to lie in when a foreign howl rose over the trees of the maplewood. Of course, she thought somewhat acidly as she lifted herself off the ground. Of course it's the minute I get comfy. Well, duty called and Saena was homebound thanks to her injuries, and therefore available to answer it.

She hobbled through the woods at a slow pace, taking much longer than she would've liked to reach the borders. A bit of sniffing and border-tracing eventually led her to the lone arctic wolf. It was a female, older than Saena by the smell of her, with fur as pale as the alpha female's own and cobalt blue eyes. There was nothing else noteworthy about her except the faint line of an old scar on the woman's cheek. It surely had a story to tell, but the alpha wasn't interested in a lone wolf's tale.

What she was interested in was, "who's calling? Why're you on my borders?" She internally winced at how harsh she came off, but Saena couldn't help but to be a little grumpy. Her wounds still hurt like hell and even though she pitched her ears forward and lifted her head to state her position, she had no tail to lift. She felt incomplete without it, and that just made her even grumpier. Surprisingly, it had very little to do with Fire Wolf and a lot more to do with Saena's current situation, something that probably didn't come across well to the stranger.
20 Posts
Ooc — Adrianna
When the white female limped up to her,Fire rolled onto her back in a sign of submission and respect."Hello,my name is Fire Wolf,or Fire,as I'm called."She started,rolling onto her stomach but she stayed on the ground and avoided eye contact."I used to be the alpha of a pack that resided quite a long way away from here,but that pack perished in a wildfire."Fire almost chuckled from the irony,bit kept her attitude one of dignity and respect."I have lived as a lone wolf for 5 months now,and as I wandered I found your territory.I would like to request to join your pack."Fire then sat up and made eye contact with the female."Thank you in advance for considering my request,and if I am accepted I swear to prove myself and make your pack proud."
209 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Edit: shadow posted lol! (also I can be skipped)

The howl had caught her attention as well and, knowing Saena would be there, Nochtli was off. Her Alpha was injured and while the pale female was strong on her own, the Amazon believed in a show of pack strength and unity right now. They had all been injured in one way or another, and the shadow would not allow for anyone  to even have the chance to try and injure the lead Phoenix any further. No, she would be there, and she would stand with her Alpha with the loyalty that had grown fierce in the short time she'd been with them.

Closing the distance, the female chuffed, an announcement of her presence while she came up on the leader's side and stood there, silent and watchful as her posture reflected her rank beneath Saena's own, but above the loner's. There was nothing for her to say, ears cupped — as well as they could with one torn — to catch what the visitor had to say, watching her roll to her back and then back up to her stomach as she continued to speak. A previous alpha, previous pack, wildfire, pledging loyalty... Nochtli soaked it all in, a word not yet deigning to pass from her lips.
20 Posts
Ooc — Adrianna
Fire bowed her head to the black wolf, whom she hadn't even noticed before.It was obvious from her posture and behavior that she was of middle class."Loyalty" she said,glancing at the white female in case she would be angered by Fire talking to this wolf.When she saw no corrections,she continued."Loyalty to your alpha.Your pack.It's beautiful.I can tell that you came just to make sure your alpha would not be attacked,and I respect you greatly for that.I'm sure you are quite a treasure to your pack."As Fire finished her short speech,she thought about Katana.She had been one of FireFang's betas,and she would die for her packmates without a second thought.Fire had been extremely saddened to hear that she died trying to save the pack's pups from the flames."So many incredible lives were ended that day."Fire thought,shaking her head.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Fire did everything right. She appealed to Saena's ego almost instantaneously by rolling onto her back. The alpha female did step forward at this point to better pick up the scents that emanated from Fire's coat, but since the other female was already doing everything correctly, Saena didn't feel the need for an overbearing display of dominance. She stepped back respectfully enough when the woman rolled onto her stomach, and she was pleased when Fire stayed on the ground. Her story was surely a sad one, though Saena fixated primarily on her status as former alpha and whether she should feel threatened by it or not.

Nochtli's arrival was right around this time, and the alpha took a grateful step closer to the tracker. Fire addressed Nochtli now with what Saena first thought to be her promise to the pack, but it soon became clear Fire was listing Nochtli's traits. While that was pretty weird for a lone wolf to comment on those above her, she had yet to do anything truly dissatisfactory. Still, she had yet to say anythinf really promising either.

"What can you bring to a pack, Fire?" Saena prompted. She was much more interested in what Fire was capable of than where she'd come from or what she'd been before. Phoenix Maplewood was all about new beginnings, so it made little sense to hold a wolf's past as an indication of their character.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Feel free to skip me if necessary, just wanted to throw Reek into this!

This time, like the last, Reek heard the summoning howl at the border while hunting small game for the 'yote pups. The last call had proven to be disastrous— and this time Reek didn't intend on being late to the party again. The bear ransacked everything; the caches, the garden, and had done quite a number on his once bobtailed mate. The heavy halo of guilt hung crooked on Reek's head, by the time he had arrived to the scene there was nothing to be done. While he wouldn't have been much of a help anyways, he blamed himself for the destruction that ensued. He failed in his duty as a warden and to his wife.

But, this time, he wouldn't. Instantly, Reek dropped what he was doing and cut his way through the maplewood in the direction of the howl. His mate and Nochtli had already made quick work of intercepting the lonewolf who laid prone on the ground. Chuffing lightly to announce his presence, he took his place beside his wife to listen and weigh in whenever necessary.
209 Posts
Ooc — Gina
The loner spoke, pointing out Nochtli's own traits. Her brows furrowed, wondering when this had come into play but remained quiet nevertheless. She noted Saena's shift in placement, closer to herself, and mirrored it, touching her shoulder to Saena's briefly to subtly exchange scents with the younger woman before stepping back to let Saena continue with the conversation without distraction. Reek arrived and Nochtli nodded to him to acknowledge his presence as well. Certainly a strong display but they could risk nothing with their numbers so low and the damage that they had taken.
20 Posts
Ooc — Adrianna
"Well,"Fire started,nodding to the larger male wolf."I am quite good as a gamekeeper or a healer ,and when needed I can be a good amount of help in a hunt or battle."Fire looked at the black male,obviously an alpha.She tried desperatly not to think about DarkStar,her old mate,but thoughts of him crowded her mind.Fore wondered if she'd ever find love again."Probably not."she decided.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Though she was the one to ask the question, it was Reek that Fire addressed, causing Saena to narrow her eyes at the pale she-wolf. It was an affront. To treat her husband like he was somehow more important! The nerve. Saena and Reek were partners in leadership and she didn't appreciate the unspoken implication that Reek was the most important one here. She also fed off the amazons a little bit; Citali placed females at least a little higher because of their thought processes and though Saena would never, ever admit it to anyone, she fancied that way of thinking just a little (but only a smidge).

Keen on reminding Fire of her place and to speak to the one who had spoken to her, Saena stiffened her lip and growled low in her chest. She followed this up with the fact that, "we have many gamekeepers and healers here." Two of each, in fact. For a pack of about six wolves, that was more than enough. That wasn't to say she would ever prevent Fire from pursuing those trades as additional skills, but she wanted something different. "You said you can battle. Would you say you'd make a strong warrior?"
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
The newbie may have addressed Reek in particular during her selling speech, but the display was completely lost on the Alpha male— who was oblivious as always. He look to Saena as she growled and cocked a brow in confusion. She harbored so much anger recently. Where she was pulling her hostility from was a mystery to Reek, however, he could assume. The coyotes were the prime suspect to make her shit list, but Reek was still worried to explain the rationale behind his decision until she cooled off... for his safety.

Still looking at his mate, he whispered, "We need warriors."  The Maplewood was certainly lacking on that front.  Sure, they had Arion, but lately he hadn't been around when they needed him. Judging from the newbie's physique, Reek assumed she would do quite nicely.  

Assumption or not though, the newbie needed to be tested. Reek took a step forward and pinned his ears forward. There was a duality to his posture, his brittle and wiry frame took a hard and dominant stance before he finally spoke to their newest prospect. "Show me," he said whilst reading himself for her attack.
20 Posts
Ooc — Adrianna
"Yes, Mam I am."Fire said before turning to the black male.She circled him,trying to pinpoint a weakness.She knew this wolf had to be strong,but she wanted to prove herself.She pounced at him,grabbing hold onto the back of his neck,then jumped back,trying to flip him onto his back.
209 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Nocthli observed and listened, ever maintaining her silence. While she knew how to fight and thought about offering to spar with the wolf, Reek stepped up before she could. She masked her surprise well, unaware that Reek could fight. She was interested to watch, to see what his technique was. Perhaps she would get him to spar with her later on down the line. Her ear flickered as she glanced to Saena to gauge her reaction before watching the other two before them square off.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Fire Wolf addressed her this time, and Saena let herself relax once again. Not fully, mind you. The warden was fully intent on making this she-wolf prove herself before allowing her into the pack. Anyone could say they were a warrior but only a competent one could prove it on the field of battle. Before she could step forward to ask for a demonstration, though, Reek did it for her.

She might've been pissed at him, but she was impressed when he took the stage, and settled back with Nochtli to watch. Foul play would result in immediate ejection, but Saena had every confidence that Fire Wolf wouldn't aim to actually hurt Reek, just as she knew Reek would temper his blows against the other female. She glanced sidelong at the Delta, curious to see the amazon's reaction to Reek's challenger.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
The newbie wasted no time in her assault. Reek readied himself— though, there was little time to prepare, and soon he felt Fire's teeth close in on the scruff of his neck. She tried pulling him down, but instead of fighting it, Reek let his body drop to use the force of her attack to his advantage. Speed was the name of the game. He rolled to his left side, pulling himself from the grip of her jaws, meanwhile, hoping that her momentum would send her careening into the ground.

He was no fighter, but he was a pragmatist. A strategist. And while he could not overpower his opponent with brute strength, he hoped to use her prowess to his advantage. Like a rabid dog, Reek snapped and growled at his opponent before launching into a counterattack. Taking aim for her flank, Reek let his teeth speak for him. He kept his blows blunt, of course, but he would not sugar coat his approach.
20 Posts
Ooc — Adrianna
When the male rolled over,Fire lost her balance, but hopped up quickly and regained her composure.Fire was impressed by his strategic approach,but every wolf had weaknesses.Fire jumped away from his bites and ran behind him,snapping at his tail and flank in an attempt to confuse him.She then ran around in front of him and stared momentarily at his paws,as if that was where she was aiming,but pounced onto his back and grabbed on with tooth and claw.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Nochtli seemed to sense that something was amiss, for she excused herself from this small gathering of wolves and trotted in the direction of the southern borders. Saena watched her go, eyes tracing the bob-and-weave of her tail with no small amount of envy before turning back to the fray.

Fire Wolf fought more like a cat than a wolf, which made Saena suspicious of her and her training. She'd never seen a wolf jump on another's back and try to use their paws to hold on. Their canine feet were too inflexible for those sorts of maneuvers, and they were destined to fail nine out of ten times simply for that reason. Yet Fire Wolf attempted them all the same. Reek was cleverer in his approach and used these strange moves to get the upper hand. Saena smirked as he dropped to the ground and rolled away.

He came back around for a counterattack, but Fire Wolf was quick to dodge away, again with that cat-like agility. The alpha female settled herself on her stomach and pursed her lips, analyzing the other female's moves. She thought it prudent to mention at the end of this that such fancy maneuvers would only get Fire Wolf killed in the future—most wolves would take advantage of those sorts of things, she suspected—but it wasn't like the woman was a bad fighter. She was doing well, all things considered.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
So sorry for the long delay! I've been super sick the past week and my will to post has been nonexistent because of it. Last round? Slight power play to wrap things up faster, PM me if you want me to change it!

Fire's strategy... or lack of strategy, was perplexing to say the least. Reek wondered if she had any idea what she was truly doing in the first place, but he decided the humor her. He watched as she wasted valuable time by making her way to his backside. Spinning to confront her, Reek could barely stifle the laugh that had begun to gurgle in his throat.

Like playing an endless game of chase, she raced to his other side and paused. There was hesitation. This had been her greatest mistake. Reek locked his eyes with hers and glared before drawing his gaze to the tender regions of her throat. He could end her now— tear her apart in a gruesome display. But, what would that prove? Poor fighter or not, the wolves of the maplewood needed numbers most of all.

Reek did not make a crippling move. Instead he waited to see hers. The test was for her own benefit anyhow. Much to Reek's confusion, she leaped into the air and attempted to latch on to his backside with her teeth. Why she thought this would work, Reek hadn't the slightest clue. He lowered his rump, and the attacker simply slid off his back into a clumsy heap.

"I've seen enough," he said before returning to his mate's side. "We'll find other uses for her." He had done his part. He would leave the final decision to his wife.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry to skip but this needs wrapping up!

Fire Wolf's strange fighting style would have to do. They needed warriors, even those with an unusual flair. So she turned her gaze onto Fire Wolf, smiled and said, "welcome to the maplewood." She wouldn't soon forget the way that Fire Wolf had addressed Reek with answers to her questions, but Saena would move past it eventually. If the recruit proved worthwhile, she might find herself among the pack's core members. "You should look for Arion," the alpha female suggested as she welcomed Fire Wolf into their midst. "He's a great warrior, he could teach you a few tricks."

She faced her husband then, unsure whether to congratulate him on a new member or to ask how fighting a dancer felt, but she did neither of those things. The coyote pup dilemma was still too fresh, so she instead smiled tightly and with a bump to his muzzle, made to leave the area.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
To the archives!

With the strange fight finally over, Fire had served to prove her worth— at least in Saena's eyes.  Even though he was her Co-alpha, Reek felt he was in no position to interfere with her decision to let Fire join.  If it had been solely up to him, he might have turned her away.  He was almost too selective in his ways.  Saena suggested Arion and Reek fully agreed, she would need some training in more conventional methods.  "I can take you to him, he said. "Come."

His mate bid him farewell, and Reek and Fire set off into another portion of the maplewood to find their resident warrior, so he could talk some sense into this fancy fighter.