Duck Lake fighting shadows
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Open for anyone! I'm going to say this takes place before the search parties go out for Bazi, Swift & Allure. Soo, Ju is just explorin'. :-)

Despite Jorunn's maybe sight of a bear while he was patrolling with Bazi a few days ago he had dared to venture to one of the territories just outside of Jade Fern Grove. He patrolled on his own most of the time, anyway, and so he couldn't rationalize any sort of difference between being in the borders and being outside of them. If he came in contact with a bear well then he was clearly going to have to find the nearest ocean to throw himself into and hope that he was lucky enough to survive a near drowning again ...or he was going to have to stand his ground and face his fear head on. While his fear was not an illogical thing ...and nothing short of perfectly rational he did not want to continue on living with fear as his constant companion. He was rapidly nearing his full height (perhaps even nearly there) though he was still awkward and clearly young. It was time that he ventured out of the safety zone of being near Scimitar and Bazi (though Jorunn was sure to keep her warning at the forefront of his mind, always) and see some of the world. Or at least, stick to the territories closest to the Grove for now, anyway.

The evening was overcast relieving some of the strain on Jorunn's vision, making it easier to pick out details though there was still some struggle. Night was always the easiest time for him to see, but he didn't want to be the oddball that was up all night and slept all day; and Jorunn had been completely colorblind since he could first open his eyes, anyway. He had adjusted and learned to adapt and live around his impaired vision. Nevertheless, he trudged on, towards Duck Lake, curiosity piped by the familiar quacks of the birds as they called to one another. He'd seen ducks before, of course, but he'd never seen so many of them gathered in one place as he drew nearer to the lake, pausing a good measure of feet back so he did not disturb them in their natural habitat. Instead, he fixated his gaze upon them, discerning as much as he could from the distance he left though it was less than satisfactory for him, admittedly.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Why sit still when there's a world out there?
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
I hope you don't mind me responding to this thread! I know its kinda late but I thought I might as well join in C:

Haven tromped through the glade, swiftly and with agility. The young grey wolf had only been recently submitted as part of the Jade Fern Grove pack, and decided exploring around the area might be a good idea. She paused in her steps and looked up at the moon and stars. It hadn't been long since the night had become visable, and day had crept away. Haven enjoyed the evening, when she could still see, but it was dark enough for her to see the stars and the moon. Looking up at the moon reminded her of her old pack. Her father Nevouku would take her up to the peak of the mountain when she was just a pup, and he would teach her how to navigate with the stars and howl at the moon. The thought saddened her, for she missed her family. But she had a new home now, and it was about time she got used to it.

The Theta wolf continued onwards, she could see a large shimmering lake up ahead, and the sound of quacking. I'm probably at Duck Lake, or whatever they called it. She thought, walking along, curiosity peeking her interest. She came to the edge of the water, crouching down and watching the webbed footed birds slowly sail across the surface of the lake. Suddenly a different smell crept into her nose. It smelled familiar, like possibly a wolf she knew. She stood up, ears perked, looking over the reeds like a groundhog would. She could barely see the outline of a white figure, watching the ducks from afar. She barked quietly, alerting the other wolf of her presence, then made her way towards him.

After a moment of walking, the golden eyed wolf came to the other wolf. Now close enough to see him better, she recognized him as Jorunn, a younger wolf from her pack. A trickle of relief ran through her and she dipped her head acknowledging him. Oh its just you. I was worried for a second that I might have a problem on my paws. What're you doing out here so late? She asked kindly, sitting down in front of the other wolf.
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
It's ok! Thank you so much for joining! <3

To say that Jorunn had been expecting company would have been a lie. He hadn't been; though of course the consideration that he'd be the only wolf here was a bit of a ridiculous one. There were many wolves in the Teekon Wilds ...even if Jorunn hadn't explored much of them. He was contented to stay within the safe confines of Jade Fern Grove, complacent to give into Bazi's wishes and be subservient ...though the Jorunn he'd been before would have never stood for any sort of complacency. Yet, that Jorunn had been sheltered, hadn't known the true cruelties of the world and had been given a heavy and deadly dose of reality. The boy Scimitar had found had been forever changed, morphed and altered until he didn't even feel like Jorunn anymore. On more than one occasion, he'd contemplated asking Scimitar if he could change his name but had yet to bring this desire to his father's attention yet simply because Jorunn didn't have a back up name. He'd always been Jorunn — or some sort of variation of it — and choosing a new name was a big thing; crucial since it had to fit who he was now. Because he had no ideas he simply continued to go by Jorunn, though he kept trying to speculate one that he liked occasionally.

His thoughts had been interrupted when he heard the heavy approach of footfalls, having missed her peeking up at him through the reeds (he probably wouldn't have seen it even if he was paying attention given he was not really near the lake yet, anyway). He wasn't startled per say, but his hackles bristled as his head snapped in her direction, discerning her darkened form from the other bland greyscale features around them. Jorunn inhaled her scent, black leathery nostrils flaring as he studied it, recognizing it as familiar, and the scent of Jade Fern Grove. He relaxed, the coarse guard hairs smoothing back against his nape. “Hey...uh,” He fumbled for a moment, trying to recall a name but the truth was he didn't know it. She recognized him well enough, though, which caused a slight rise of humility within him, though she did not address him by name. “Hey,” Jorunn repeated, hoping she wasn't offended that he couldn't greet her by name.

A bark of a laugh left the teen's muzzle when she spoke about being worried about a problem on her paws, and shot her a mischievous, impish smirk reminiscent of his late (biological) father. “What makes you think I won't be a problem?” He teased her coyly. “Exploring,” Jorunn responded to her inquiry with a casual rise and fall of his shoulders. “What are you doing out here so late?” He returned the question.

1/3 threads
you're infinitely more —

181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven made a small giggle as Jorunn clearly tried to cover up not knowing her name. The younger whitish wolf gave her a smirk and replied, What makes you think I won't be a problem? Haven cocked her head sarcastically as if truly pondering the question. He then answered her initial question by simply adding, exploring. Haven nodded her head and smirked, Me too. Thought since I'm the newest and all I might as well get to know where I am. Besides I thought at night time I wouldn't run into any other wolves but I guess I was wrong about that. My name is Haven by the way. You're Jorunn or something, right? The grey wolf responded with a hint of curiosity. Being new she really did want to get to know who her pack mates her.

Haven looked around at the shadowed surroundings for a moment, she could vaguely see the lake shimmering under the night sky. She stood up and stretched her legs, her white chest fur billowed up and she shook her body, quickly grooming it back in place. It wasn't too cold yet, but Haven still shivered in the wind. She was just glad it wasn't raining. The golden eyed wolf hated the rain. With a passion. After a quick stretch she sat back down, staring at Jorunn's icy blue eyes. This was the first time she had really talked to the younger wolf, and she didn't mind him. However the male seemed a bit rude. Kind of like herself.

So you like exploring at night too? Haven added, trying to keep the conversation going. She liked having company, someone to talk too. In her old pack she and her siblings told each other everything, and laughed together all the time. She missed that about them. She wondered for a moment if she would ever see her siblings again, or even if they were alive. She might never get to know the answer.
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
If there had been any worry in regards to how offended she would be that he couldn't recite her name they were soothed at her soft giggle. She spoke in regards to why she was out of night, offered her name and then inquired after his own. “Yeah, or something,” Jorunn returned coyly. Though in truth, it was sort of ironic because he'd been contemplating changing it for a while, even if he probably never would. A silence had settled between them, and as her attention drifted so did the teen's. He looked to the ducks shadows he could see, his sight improving in the dark tresses of the night. It was his favorite time because it was not quite such a struggle for him and the light of the moon was much softer than the light of the sun. Less direct, too. 

“Yeah,” Jorunn responded with a casual shrug of his shoulders. “I see better in the darkness of night.” Though he'd never directly came out and said it he had begun to figure out that there was something wrong with his eyes. Not through discussion, but through simple observation. No one else appeared to have the sort of struggle he did during the daylight hours. He didn't realize he was entirely color blind, simply assumed his sight was not as ace as it could have been; but he'd always been like this for as long as he could remember and he didn't let it bother him. It didn't slow him down any, didn't hinder his ability to (or so he thought anyway) function and be an asset to the pack and so he did not bring it to stark attention. As far as he was concerned, there was no need.

1/3 threads
you're infinitely more —

181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven nodded in understanding as Jorunn justified his reasons for liking night time better. She did think the part about him seeing better at night was a bit odd. She'd never heard of a wolf who could see better in the dark. He must be something special. She thought sarcastically, then smiled and added, Well I like the night better because its quiet, and I can see the stars. I love the night sky. So I guess we're a little different in those regards. The she-wolf shrugged and turned to the lake. The ducks slowly floated across the surface, passing through the moons reflection. Haven had the urge to go splash in the water and chase the ducks, but that was a childish thought and she pushed it away with a smile.

So what do you want to do? Just sitting here isn't exactly my idea of fun, lets do something! Haven broke the silence with a laugh, drawing herself up and kneading her big white paws into the ground. Although she wouldn't admit it, she desperately needed a friend. She, always acted so independent, as if she could do anything she needed on her own. But it was a lie. She always needed someone, anyone to talk too. Being alone for those few months after she was separated from her family made her realize how much she hated being alone.
Eta
I'll stay awake, 'cause the dark's not taking prisoners tonight
47 Posts
Ooc — Mae
Here comes the lone wolf!

[Image: tumblr_m905hwJ27q1rbqb4uo4_r1_500.gif] 

Luna had seen the sun set once again, enjoying it. She had wandered through so many new places, though most seemed empty, no one. 'Maybe I'm that last wolf?', she thought in horror. 'No, silly, you know you're not the only wolf', a small voice in her head responded. Distracted, she walked off what seemed like the safe route.  

She found a patch of sky between the trees. She wished to sit down, but some wolf could come at any second. She paced around the small hole in the trees. Staring, she saw those little moons again, twinkling as always. She stayed there for a few minutes before pulling herself away from the wonderful view. Her grey eyes adjusted to her dim surroundings. Satisfied, she started to walk again between the ghost-like trees. 

Suddenly, she heard a voice, two in-fact. A female and a young male, not mates, probably. Tired, she walked towards the voices. As she got closer she heard the sound of footsteps. The louder one was maybe the female, as she sounded older, but the quieter ones still seemed louder than Lunae's. Lunae wouldn't usually go straight ahead to meet other wolves, but she was in need of food now. She was willing to take the risk.

She walked straight in front of the two wolves. Dizzy, yet she held her head not too low. She would not show weakness. "Hello, may I get some help? I need to find...", she started, then hesitated. Her voice hurt when she used it, as it was the first time for weeks. She opened her mouth, about to talk again when the whole world suddenly began spinning rapidly and she collapsed.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Edit: @Lunae, the pack is sort of busy and possibly disbanding, so I edited this sense Scim and Kas are probably busy xP

Haven was about to suggest that Jorunn and her go fishing, when all of a sudden she smelled an unfamiliar smell. She turned her head, ears perked and ready for something to attack. She could smell a wolf, and that let her relax, possibly a female? She stepped forwards a bit, partly her motherly instincts to guard those younger than her, and partly because she was straining to see the wolf. Then a black female came through the trees, she looked beaten and tired. Haven relaxed some as the black wolf didn't seem dangerous.

She watched as she collapsed, and yelped in alarm. She rushed forwards to catch the wolf, she was completely startled. I got ya. She mumbled with a huff, strengthening her muscles as she gently let the wolf fall to the ground. She had no clue what was wrong with her, other than the fact that she seemed tired. Maybe she just needs a rest? She thought worriedly, shuffling her paws nervously. Maybe I should howl for Scimitar or Kas? No, the pack is starting to dwindle and they have lots on their minds, I should deal with this on my own.

Haven gently let the black wolf fall to the ground and she began to sniff at her. She didn't smell of sickness. Possibly she was just tired. Jorunn seemed to have disappeared, so she decided to try and wake up the wolf. She gently nudged her and barked, Hey, hey Blackie! Wake up! Are you alright? She was persistent, and wouldn't stop until she knew the wolf wasn't dead or anything. She was genuinely worried.
Eta
47 Posts
Ooc — Mae
Sorry I'm late! Also sorry if it's too short. Btw, Can i just slowly go after this, i want Lunae to do some more 'lone adventuring' 
 Lunae opened her eyes, blinking a couple times, confused. Her eyes adjusted to the dark very quickly. It all came back to her. She wanted close her eyes again, everything ached. 'Stupid', she thought to her self, believing that she was alone. She started to stand up, still looking down. She slowly looked up, dazed. The wolf was still there. Her muscles tensed up, her grey eyes wide. "I-I'm sorry for disturbing you!", she quickly said, even though her voice still hurt. "I'm tired and, and", she tried to explain, looked down.
[size=medium]"Χάθηκα και χρειάζονται κατευθύνσεις , πρέπει να βρω τον αδερφό μου"[/size]She blurted out in greek, not noticing.
 She gave a pleading look at the strange wolf, hoping for help. Her legs still felt a little shaky but she stayed put. 'Just stay like this a little longer', she thought to herself.  As she was waiting for an answer, she noticed the wolf's worried look. Her muscles relaxed. 'She must have been worried about me, not a threat, then', she thought, relieved.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven was relieved when the she-wolf seemed to wake up a little. Her eyes fluttered, and then she attempted to stand. She didn't like that the wolf tried to stand, she seemed to tired to do so and the strain of the female made Haven nervous. She didn't like seeing others in pain and she wished the other wolf hadn't tried to stand so. The female seemed in need of help. Maybe just a rest. Then she blurted out some weird stuff in another language. Haven raised an eyebrow, not wanting to be rude but she had no idea what was said.

Umm ok. Uhh, well... I can help you if you need me too. You need to rest, I can bring you some water and food if you'd like. I wouldn't be gone long. Is that what you need? Haven asked, not sure what to do. She wanted to help, it was in her nature to help others. But she wasn't sure what needed to be done. I wish I knew a healer or something. Maybe she's sick? Nah she doesn't act sick. I think she just needs to rest. Haven thought over her options, but decided to simply wait for the female to respond.
Eta
47 Posts
Ooc — Mae
Hey @Haven ! its finally the weekend, so I should be posting faster. Last post from me here, though! 
[Image: tumblr_nhrwjs0XqS1sfmaido1_500.gif]
Lunae blinked, confused. 'This wolf, she wants to help me?', she thought. "I-I'm o-okay, I guess", Lunae lied, she felt really exhausted and worn out. She wanted to fall back down, but she stayed standing. She slowly swayed from side to side, dizzy. Her eyes seemed to go unfocused and back into focus. Yes, she felt tired, but something felt wrong. 'I feel sick, I should start going', she thought. "I'm sorry I disturbed you, I-I think I need to go, thanks for the help", she stuttered. As soon as those words left her mouth, her mind began wondering why she felt like this. 'Is it something I ate', she wondered. 'It might be that plant that I ate', she thought in horror, the emotion showing up on her face. 
 About a day ago, Lunae felt really tired and remembered how her mother used to collect some plants. She had believed that some must be edible. She chewed on some plants, hoping to take the pain away. Instead, they were disgusting and she spit them out.
 Lunae was about to fall while distracted, but she caught and balanced herself. She looked at the larger wolf. She slowly nodded, her stomach now twisting painfully. She slowly stumbled back the way she had come from. 'Never again, you just disturbed the poor wolf', she scolded herself. When she was alone, she frowned. The wolf wasn't rude, but she just didn't feel comfortable. Ignoring the pain, she kept walking.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
I'm going to go ahead and close this thread, but PM me if you want to continue in another thread! :)

Haven looked at the black female. She said she was ok, though Haven could see clearly that she wasn't. Haven's eyes wide in disbelief as the weary wolf apologized for bothering her and began to walk away. Haven was completely dumbfounded. What the heck was that about?She thought, raising an eyebrow. Ok! Umm yeah cool! Glad I could he-help? She stuttered, stifling a chuckle. She hadn't done a single thing and she was being thanked. Haven was tempted to follow the wolf, but figured that'd be rude. The black female seemed to have somewhere to be and perhaps Haven simply couldn't help.

She turned back to look out over Duck Lake once more, before turning back towards her new pack.