Jade Fern Grove Hello there, again
Why sit still when there's a world out there?
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
All Welcome 
@Goliath, time to get that Mercenary trade :D

Haven had been rejected by her boyfriend, the love of her life. He said they needed some time apart. There was still hope for them, but she had wished they could've come to a resolve then instead of later. But she would be ok, she was traveling north to find her friend Ilya, maybe her friend's pack would take her in. They had seemed like a very nice pack. Where Haven now stood, was once her old pack's territory. Jade Fern Grove. She almost wished it had never broken up, and she had never left. Would've saved her a lot of pain. She looked around at the empty land, it still seemed teeming with life as if the grove pack had never left.

She found her way to an old tree, a tree she'd run into before. Yes literally run into. Many months ago, she run into this very tree in this very clearing, chasing a rabbit. It was always the hunting accidents that hurt the most. She took a second to smell the tree, it still smelled of her old pack. The entire land reminded her of Scim and Bazi. She smiled at the happy memories she'd had here.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Yay! :D - Tho for sake of thread, Im guessing Goliath can spot her
Goliath had been travelling for many hours, he had to be sneaky for the section underneath the Queya river, as his leaders had banned the traversing below it, and fishing in it would be of debatable matter. All in all, it was his favourite fishing spot, and in anger, he decided to trek and find a spot where he could gather any amount of food un-interrupted from his pack mates, who wanted fish to just appear to them. 

He had found a grove, filled with the fading scent of a pack. Gathering his bravery, he marched into the darkened gathering of trees, happy to have found the place, he felt like he discovered something abandoned.
Goliath heard the footsteps of a nearby animal, and caught sight of a wolf smelling.. a tree? Confused, he came up to the figure, wanting some sort of explanation why they were in a abandoned pack territory, sniffing trees.

What, Tree special? he spoke in his broken tongue, his intelligence was low, but atleast he wasn't stupid enough to let this pass. Rather, the only thing holding him back from the other wolves was just his speech. He could follow directions just like any other wolf.
For those who don't know, Goliath's thread titles are bible passages, since his name, (note, not the entire being) is indeed based off the religous character 
   [Image: warrior.gif] 5/10

[Image: gamekeeper.gif] ?/5

PM me if up for any threads revolving trades ^-^
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Goliath is so cute I can't xD

Haven jumped when she heard the deep voice from behind her. She whipped around, a snarl on her muzzle. She had become more on edge since she got her limp. She didn't like feeling vulnerable. She took a second to look up and down Goliath, to read his posture. He seemed pretty open, not wanting to cause any harm. She relaxed a little at that. Maybe he just wanted a friendly conversation. She dropped the snarl and put on a faint smile, he had asked about her tree. She turned and looked at it, then back to him. Yeah, tree special. I used to live in this pack's territory. I'm training for my mercenary trade and I trained here with my old alpha once.

The young female remembered how she'd lost the spar, and how she had hoped to do it again in the future. Unfortunately the pack disbanded before they could rematch. She snapped back to reality, realizing that she hadn't even introduced herself. Sorry, I was thinking about some stuff. I'm Haven. She said in her friendly 'matter of fact' tone.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Perking his ears, he listened. Picking away parts of the sentence helped him understand it better, and got less tense the more she spoke. At least she acted kind, and if no conflict arose from the situation, he wouldn't have to fight this one. He needed a break from combat, it was an extremely busy week - to say the least. Hearing the words 'Mercenary' pop up into the dialogue, he was rather excited to tell her that he had also been training for the same Trade

Me Goliath; also train for warrior trade he said, nodding as he explained. He personally hadn't seen many female warriors in his past pack, but that didn't matter. Tilting his head to the side, he asked her How training going? he didn't have much to say himself-
For those who don't know, Goliath's thread titles are bible passages, since his name, (note, not the entire being) is indeed based off the religous character 

181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
The large male seemed a little speech impaired. Haven had noticed it, and thought it was pretty funny. Of course she wouldn't dare to laugh at him. Not only would that be mean but also not a good idea. If he got pissed at her, she might be screwed. Me Haven, nice to meet you Goliath. Oh cool, it's a smart trade to train for. Have to be able to protect yourself and your pack and all. Good choice. She winked and gave him a charming smile. She wasn't being flirty though, she had a boyfriend- well it was complicated. She was just always like this.

Goliath asked her about how her training was going. Its fine I guess, I haven't done much training in a while actually, a lot of traveling. Hey would you be up for a spar? I'd love something to put on my record! She was pretty damn proud of that idea, and she stood immediately dropping into a play bow as she waited for an answer. The young female was almost 2 years old, but she was still a child at heart. Playing was her game. Her tongue lolled excitedly out of her mouth and she let out an excited bark.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Should I set up a fighting tabletop?  
A spar? Goliath was a bit unsure. He was weakened from his recent activity, but fighting a smaller female with a limp would be a bit unfair. Then their was the danger of him berserking in the middle of the fight, and taking it way too far. Plus, this one was kinder than usual, and didn't necessarily want to kill her.

Either way, he would be up for the challenge. It would be a little bit cowardly to say no to a friendly spar.. Thus, he accepted. Spar good idea he told her, setting himself in his ramming stance. He aligned his view with a tree behind her, so he could quickly take advantage, and not have any more hazards come in the way.

181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Sure! Lol I haven't done one of those in forever. If you can set it up I'll go ahead and jump in. I guess we should finish that before your next post?

Haven smiled when the big male agreed to spar with her. She wasn't worried about her foot. If it did start acting up, she'd ignore it. She was trying to get over the pain, and acting like she couldn't do anything because of it only made it hurt more. So she pretended like it wasn't even there. She felt fine. Great! Let's get started. She stepped back and got into her fighting stance, readying herself for his attack. She was excited for this, it would be a fun relief from her daily life. Plus she needed the training.
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Goliath shuffled, quite unsure. But he had to, it would be stupid to try and back out now. Prying his thoughts out of his head, he set his mind into an attack mode, and lunged towards the female, trying to slam her against the tree. As he began to get speed in such a short space, Haven would surely be able to see him coming. If not, she would be squashed. That was the only thought Goliath had as he barreled towards her.

181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
How many battle posts should we do?

Haven was ready for Goliath's attack, and when he lunged towards her, she smirked leaping to the side. She rebounded by ramming into his own side, hoping to push him over. They went on like this for a while, none of their attacks were meant to harm, but some of them did hurt a little. Her foot began to bother her as they went on, but she continued to ignore it. She would not let her dumb limp ruin a perfectly good spar. She turned towards Goliath and snapped at his face, not wanting to bite him, but hold him down to batter his stomach. She wasn't wanting to hurt him, but she played rough and was a pretty tough girl.