Blackfeather Woods New blood
Zeta
We can't die we're dead inside.
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
@Macbeth wanted to meet the new blood :)

It has been a while since Venus had left @Cyn. She knew some free time would be good, but she didn't want to leave, hopefully she would turn up. Venus caught a whiff of some new blood around the Woods. Hopefully this new wolf wouldn't be flowers and rainbows, or Venus would cut this greeting in a heartbeat. She caught sight of an unfamiliar body in the distance, so she walked into the clearing. She didn't say anything, she wanted the new blood to notice her, or it was the fact she wasn't good at starting conversations. She could faintly smell Cyn, she was good at starting conversations. Her body language remained fairly neutral, she was a bit on guard though. Her eye were cold, and her tail remained a bit higher that her back. It wasn't her place or time to be rude, but she wasn't going to fake her personality to make friends.
31 Posts
Ooc — Li
It was day one in his new home and Macbeth was wandering around trying to get to know the sights, smells and important locations. Since he was only on a two week trial granted to him by the alpha he thought it not wise to start looking for a den site just yet. He had been on the road for weeks, a few more nights under the stars could not hurt, especially with all this canopy cover provided by the forest. This morning though, a low winter sun hung in the air and broke through the branches splattering the floor with light as if paint cans with just the right colours had been tipped over just the right places.

As he explored the scents, he smelt something new. Cocking his head to the side he saw a young wolf in the clearing beside him. With a dark smile he barked over to youngster "You can come over, I won't bite, not unless you ask me to anyways."
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus shifted her feet and flicked her tail and started walking towards the new male. She gave a small smile. She was still weary of him. She dipped her head politely. "Hello, I'm Venus. I heard you just joined our pack." She said. She was a bit curious on why he chose Blackfeather. She walked a bit closer and lowered her tail, making her seem unsuspecting of an attack, but her muscles stayed tense. She didn't want to be rude to the new blood, unless he asked for it. There were quite a few questions she wanted to ask him, but that would be for later on.
31 Posts
Ooc — Li
Macbeth flicked his ears as she walked over and shook his coat clean of dust and dirt. He found himself subconsciously still smelling the air, breathing it all in, still exploring through sight and scent. Her smell was new to him though, he mustn't have come across any of the areas she frequented until now. She said hello to him and told him what she heard of him. He smiled at her again and flicked his tail curiously behind him. "Have you now sweetheart?" He paused and weighed her up for a moment, then continued. "Then you heard right. Name's Macbeth, and you are?" He sat down patiently awaiting an answer, not threatening, just curious and mildly amused.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus smiled a bit and his friendliness, though she was still aware of him. She was slightly confused at him asking her name, as she just spoke it when they met. She cocked her head a bit. "Venus, nice to meet you." Venus sat down also, she didn't want to come off threatening. She noticed him sniffing her, and she slightly did the same, less obvious. She wasn't an elder in the pack, but she had been here long enough to pick out his attitude. He seemed a bit like her old friend Mikasi, who Venus was sure the two would get along just fine.
31 Posts
Ooc — Li
I'm such a dummy with the name thing lol - sorry!

Macbeth lay down in front of her and crossed his paws. He was comfortable by now that she was not going to attack him and was only on guard because he was. As she told him she was pleased to meet him she scouted around on the frozen ground and as he did a small mouse shot past him. He was just quick enough to slam his paw down on the creature's tail, trapping it. It squeaked furiously and squirmed in his grasp. Then, aware again that he had company, took the creature's tail in his jaws as it dangled in front of them both desperately trying to escape. Through clenched jaws Macbeth asked "Care for some dinner?"
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
No worries! I've done it plenty of times!

Venus was caught off guard when the mouse shot by. She smiled at his offer as a movement caught her eye. She stood looking at it for a moment. She quickly dove into a nearby bush and pulled out with a medium sized lizard dangling from her jaws by it's tail. She shook her head at his offer, and place down the lizard between them. "It might sound strange, but lizard is my favorite food. It used to be all I ate when I was younger. Try some, it is amazing." She said smiling and pushed the lizard forward. She rarely offered lizards to anyone, and especially in winter. They were amazingly scarce, they were usually underground laughing at the fact Venus couldn't eat them.
31 Posts
Ooc — Li
With the mouse still dangling from his maw, he watched Venus dive into nearby foliage at his offer. At first he wondered if he was really that repulsive? Or if maybe the mouse was somehow bad or sickly. She re-appeared a moment later with something in her mouth...something scaly. He was so shocked he let his jaw fall open towards the ground and with a thud his dinner hit the floor and ran away. She offered the slimy, wet looking thing towards him and for a moment all he could do was look at the creature, then back to Venus and so on. He considered his options for a moment, he could decline and look weak, he could accept and and risk throwing it back up, or he could just leave also making him weak and somewhat rude. He chose option three and held his breath as the thing slipped down his throat almost whole with his eyes closed.

Then something magical happened, the found the taste quite delightful. He opened his eyes and smiled. "Actually, that were quite nice. Where do you hunt these little guys?"
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus could see the repulsive look on his face, and she felt slightly embarrassed. It was kind of her childhood treat. When he ate it whole she choked back a giggle. She was surprised to see him so excited, she dropped her jaw. She laughed a little before answering. "They are very very rare during the winter, but usually you find them near the mire. Have you been there? It's my favorite place on the territory." She probably sounded like an idiot, her favorite place on this beautiful territory was the mucky mire. She pirked her ears up, waiting for a response. She was much more comfortable with him now, and she was less on guard. Her tail moved at bit, and she cocked her head.
31 Posts
Ooc — Li
Macbeth flicked his ears and furrowed his brow at her laugh as he listened to her, genuinely interested in where to find this new delectable dinner. He had never heard of this mire before so he shook his head although it did seem an odd place to have as a favourite. In his experience, fields and forests were favourite places, his was the forest here. Sheltered, shaded, he felt safe here, even now. "What's it like there? Is there something...different about, or special? Well apart from the food of course!"
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus started to walk off, urging him to follow her. She looked over her shoulder and smiled. "Its not far from her at all. I have a feeling you won't like it. But once you see it... I guess you will kinda see my personality at the things I like." she smiled, and flicked her tail. The Mire wasn't anything special, he would see that when they arrived. She kept her head low as they walked. She was a weary wolf, and she wasn't going to let her guard down.
31 Posts
Ooc — Li
When Venus got up and started to leave, for a moment Macbeth thought he might of accidentally offended her somehow but she soon indicated for him to follow her. He smiled to himself and something strange happened, he was actually pleased he hadn't offended her. That was new to him, usually he was perfectly happy to offend people, well indifferent at least, but now he didn't want to all of sudden? Maybe he really did fit in here given he was so eager to please the locals.

At her statement of how he would like these strange new lands he shrugged his shoulders and began to walk at her side. "I get that, my personality is right here, this forest. It's dark and dank but not without it's charm, just like me." He grinned at Venus and winked.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
She flattened her ears in embarrassment. "The mire isn't really a forest." she said awkwardly. She didn't catch his wink.  The ground under there paw slowly started to get softer, and the dawned apon the mire. Most of the water was frozen. "It's just a swamp, but I really like coming here in the spring. The mire usually gives out some of my favorite foods." she said. The trees that grew in the water twisted within themselves. She looked around happily. This was her favorite place. She did love getting a good play in the mud from time to time.
31 Posts
Ooc — Li
It was not long before they both arrived at the Mire, it was soft under foot but not as soft as he was expecting it to be then he remembered that this time of year it would be frozen over. At least surely that made it safer for them to wander round. She was right in her initial statement, it wasn't much, but it was something new he hadn't seen before. All around there was pockets of frozen puddles where the ice was trapping reeds and other plants in it's icy fingers. Mac smiled and look over at Venus. "It's kinda cool, especially in winter. Hey last one to that ice over there is a loser." With a laugh he took off initiating the race and with a leap landed on the fresh ice, but as he did there was loud crack and Mac's face fell as he realised what was happening. "Oh sh-"
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
She gazed around for a moment before the male said anything. He then declared a race and bounded off. She saw him slip in and yell. Her instincts kicked in, and she quickly and carefully weaved her tiny body across the ice. She grabbed his scruff and used all her strength to pull him out. "Are you ok? Come on, let's get you to the herb cache. I'm almost a full healer, you need help." She urged him to follow, leaning against him for support. She knew the herbs needed to help him. She had to keep him moving, or his muscles would freeze. Once she reached the cache, she howled for @Cyn. She needed more that one set of paws. Cyn could help with keeping him warm, and Venus could work with herbs.
31 Posts
Ooc — Li
Before he knew it, Mac was slipping backwards to towards the icy cold water. He let out an instinctive yell as his paws became submerged, followed by the rest of his body. As his heart went below the waterline he could swear he felt it stop and his breath caught in his lungs as if every inch of him were frozen from inside to outside. It was then he felt himself hauled back onto land and air filled his lungs again, though he remained as cold as before. Looking up he saw what happened. Venus had pulled him to safety.

"I'm cold but thank you so much, I might have drown if you weren't here." She beckoned Mac for him to keep moving but all he wanted to do was curl up in a ball to keep all his warmth in. "I'll just stay here, it's nice an' warm here, with my tail over my nose, I don't wanna go anywhere I'll be cold again." He stubbornly stayed put and suddenly felt rather sleepy.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus shook her head. "No, you need to get up right now. Your muscles will freeze, and it can kill you. You need herbs right now. Your body is in shock, you might not be able to hear it, but your voice is slightly slurred. Get up now." She said sternly. "There is a much warmer nest near the cache, you need to get up now." She nudged his side with her nose. He needed to get up, she wasn't lying, this could kill him. She nipped his rear, a stern reminder she was dominant, and this was her career, she knew more than he did is the medical field.
31 Posts
Ooc — Li
As he closed his eyes he heard Venus's voice but it was as if it were in the distance, across a field or underwater even. Then without warning he felt something poke him fiercely in his ribs. He screwed his eyes up tight and protested. "Ow, what you doing geroff will ya, just five more minutes." But the nudging still continued, worse than before. Finally his eyes snapped open and he remembered what had happened and why he was so cold. "Ok, ok, I'm coming, I'm coming." He got to his paws and followed her, there was an initial shock of cold as he unfurled his body, especially on his belly, but the more he walked the warmer he felt, Venus was right all along, this was better.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus proudly stomped behind him, she didn't want him collapsing again. They quickly reached the cache, and Venus told the truth. "You can't sleep in the nest, you need to keep moving, I will grab some lavender for shock." She said, and started walking away. She turned her head back to him. "Stay in the general area. Do not leave." She growled. She ducked her head into the cache and pulled out a bit of somewhat fresh lavender. She placed it down, and started pulling it apart, trying to pick out the right dose. She kept him in her vision, he couldn't stop moving. Once she picked out the right amount, she flicked her tail, calling him over. "Do not eat these yet, I will get you a bit of honey to make them sweeter for you." She said, grabbing a stick before the came back with a small amount of honey on it. She drizzled a bit on. "Eat." She said sternly, sweeping up the extra lavender she pulled apart. He would probably need some muscle relaxer as the night went on. "I am going to have you sleep near this cache with me. I will keep you warm, and I need to keep an eye on you." She said and gave a very reluctant, small smile. With it being so deep into winter, herbs were precious, but this was for a life saving cause. She started to make a small nest under a nearby tree for them. She scattered sharp pine needles, making it somewhat comfortable. As comfortable as they would get in a make shift hospital room she had to make.
The voice in my head is trying to kill me.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Might just pop in for a second! :) I can leave right after this if you guys want, it is your thread!

Cyn felt a chill after the howl sent for her, so she took her time just because of a hunch she had about something. Her hunch was wrong and she was terribly late. Her eyes shined with curiosity and slight anger. Who was this wolf? What was he doing with her mate? Cyn's face contorted into a few emotions jealousy being one of them. Yes, the weird and crazy wolf by the name of Cyn was jelly, it was like hell had frozen over, the female was never jealous of anyone or anything ever. She finally went from the surrounding forest and joined the two wolves."Yes?" She stared at Macbeth and spoke in a harsh tone and spoke through her clenched teeth.
31 Posts
Ooc — Li
I don't mind you staying if you like @Cyn

Venus buzzed around him like some sort of annoying fly or like a ringing he couldn't get out of his head, periodically barking orders at him, which he dare not disobey, because to be honest, he really wasn't sure what might happen to him at this point if he tried, she was ridiculously focused on making him well again and there was no way he was going to disrupt that flow and Macbeth wasn't scared of much in life. He started to chew the lavender and honey but still winced from the bitter undertow of the herbs. He considered spitting it out, but he could see Venus watching him, making sure he took it so he thought better of it. Before he knew it she was making them both a small bed and she was offering to keep him warm. Macbeth was impressed, for such a dark pack they really looked after their own.

A moment later another pack member (Macbeth could tell from the scent), approached them both, greeting Macbeth with a fair bit of hostility. He curled his nose up at her reaction and tried to explain somewhat, "Don't look at me I didn't call, Venus is over there making a bed for us", then went back to focusing on staying warm.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus was quickly greeted by Cyn. "I can't come with you tonight. This idiot ran onto the ice and fell in." She said. She licked her face, she was worried about her. She snapped her jaws in mid air and made a snar sound to the male. "Keep moving you drip!" She growled. He just threw a live greanade into their relationship. She leaned in real close to Cyn. "If he doesn't stay warm, he is going to die. Then I will get kicked out of the pack. You wouldn't want that would you?" She said. Her eyes were big and sad as she look up at Cyn.
The voice in my head is trying to kill me.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Maybe I will, it would certainly be interesting to see what happens

Cyn looked at the male and then shook her head."Maybe I could help warm him up a little?" She felt a teeny tiny pang of sympathy for the wolf. Inwardly she had groaned because of the puppy eyes Venus had gave her, she could never resist those eyes on anyone.

She stared at the dripping wolf and had an idea. She needed to dry him off and keep him warm. Her mind thought of how to do that and then she remembered the hide from a small (and elderly) cow she had taken down not too long ago. She had left the hide out at the den to dry out and by now it was ready to be used as a blanket.

Cyn moved and quickly jogged back to it. She grabbed the hide gently in her teeth to prevent breaking it. Her paws moved quickly and the fur looked like a cape flowing behind her while she moved through the snow. Cyn made it back in record time and placed it in a dry spot to use when the male wolf had dried off a little more.
31 Posts
Ooc — Li
Macbeth had to admit he was a little shocked. First Venus was being quite soft with him, then all of a sudden she was growling orders at him and calling him a drip. With a frown he got back up to his paws and started to walk around muttering under his breath. "Bloody drip, I'm not a sodding drip." He stopped his pacing at the mention of his current condition. "Wait, what?! Die?! I'm going to die?! That escalated quickly, I don't want to die." The pair ignored him, or simply didn't hear him and carried on with their conversation regardless.

The newcomer who had yet to introduce themselves, yet seemed to be mated to Venus, offered to keep him warm too. Well that totally made up for the rude remarks, these two were mates, but they both wanted to lie with him. His heart started to pound like a jack hammer, not one but two lovely females wanted his companionship, well sort of. "So, you two are mates then?" He paused for one of the to answer. "And you both wanna lie with me and keep me warm? I must say, this is excellent service here ladies!"
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus smiled at Cyn as she came back with warmth. She walked up and licked her cheek. She faced him as he complained about the name calling. "You made Cyn think I was getting some on the side. You deserve it." she said. Her mood quickly changed and she smiled at him. "Drip." Venus focused back on Cyn as she laid down. Venus was much smaller, so she would sleep in front of him, pressed against his stomach. "Two beautiful ladies will be sleeping next to you, but these two beautiful ladies are very much and love and aren't interested is dicks." She said with a fake pout on. She laughed and ducked her head into the herb cache. She picked out a single poppy seed on her tongue. "Take this, you will fall asleep quickly. You might feel pretty loopy, which will be funny for me and Cyn to watch you slur inaudible words."