Blackfeather Woods Light in the tunnel
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist

Kendra had been dropped off the last time. She had told her father what she learned about mosses and how they could be used. The young female also tried to tell Pietro but she wasn't sure if he enjoyed listening to it. Kendra was starting to like hanging out with the bigger females like Nemesis and Venus. Her father had to do some border patrol today and Kendra was told she was going to be watched again. Hopefully she would learn something new again otherwise she would rather meet with her friend the bat.

Burke had given her permission to go an explore Black Feather frankly he had been worried that Kendra hadn't show any interest in the borders. She was usually in the heart of the territory. Kendra found that she still had a lot to explore what was in the forest. Her father did warn not to go to the weeping meadow. She wondered wondered what was in the meadow until she saw Venus. "I want see the tunnels today! There is something in it I don't understand," she spoke.
[Image: kendra-pixel_zpssjjmu8wj.png]
Peculiar Little Thing
Zeta
We can't die we're dead inside.
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Im sorry but, I never got a PM about it! D: You know I would respond.

Venus was slightly caught off guard when the pup came. Venus had a mouthful of moss when she turned around. She nodded and placed the moss down on the base of the tree. She picked up a large rock and placed it down on the moss, so it didn't blow away. "Alright Kendra, let's go." She began to walk off. She knew how to get to the cave, but she actually was never in them. She found an entrance, and ducked inside. She looked back at Kendra and cocked her head. "What do you not understand?" She asked.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
It is okay! <3

Kendra wa excited when the female listened to her and they would go to the caves. The girl had seen the bioluminescent plants that were growing in the tunnels and she wanted to know more about them. She let out a soft yip when they were at the entrance of one of the tunnels. "Deeper!!," she let out and then rushed forward into the cave system. She expected Venus to follow her. But it was probably quite hard to see a dark colored up in a dark cave. She stopped and waited for Venus. She wanted to show her the glowing plants.
Peculiar Little Thing
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus laughed at her being so excited. She followed the pup until she couldn't see her anymore, and she sucked her head down to smell her out. The girl nudged Kendra's back to tell her she was following. "Keep going, I'm following you. Please be careful though." She wondered why the pup was so excited, and what she planned to show Venus. The musky underground smell of a cave got stronger, signaling they were growing deeper in the cave.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra followed the tunnels like she had done earlier. She used her own scent to get around, which was going to be more difficult later when she explored most of the dark tunnels. The girl started trotting now knowing that Venus was following her. Kendra took a left and a right that went down steeply. She was already get accustomed to the darkness of the tunnels. Once they rounded a corner the two arrived at the place. "See! Glowing plants!!," she let out. The whole place was covered with it.
Peculiar Little Thing
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus was surprised at Kendra's knowledge of the route she had to go through these caves. She moved up a gate, and went from a walk, to a trot, to catch up with an excited pup. The musky cave smell got stronger. Kendra led them to a room dimly lit with glowing moss. Venus looked up in awe. "Wow! This is amazing Kendra!" She said. Venus was determined to find out why they glowed like they did. She began trotting around the room of the cave. "I was looking for a source of light, and I didn't find one. I wanted to see if the moss reflected from light." She said and frowned. Venus really didn't know why they glowed. She sat down, and went through her mind off possibilities.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra sat down proudly when Miss Venus was surprised what what she found. She watched the female walk around the room. This wasn't the only part, the whole system had these glowing plants but here was the most of it. "Up ahead all tunnels have it," she pointed out to Venus. Kendra pushed herself to her feet, sniffing the plants. They were really glowing. No reflecting light.  "There is no light here," she pointed out to Venus. There was some disappointment in there tone. "So you don't know what it is?," she asked. Kendra had hoped to learn more about the plants that came with these dark tunnels.
Peculiar Little Thing
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus still stood in awe. "No... No Kendra, I'm sorry I don't know what makes them glow like this." She drew closer and sniffed a piece. It smelt like normal moss, she didn't really know. She was very confused. Venus gripped a piece and pulled it off. "I wanna go see if it glows outside in the light." She said, and motioned Kendra to go forward. "We will come back down right away."
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra let out a soft pout when Venus admitted that she didn't know why the plants were glowing. Yet the female was glad that the older female wasn't lying to her and making up some story. Kendra was very serious about there Naturalist trade. The pup was quite reluctant to leave but she wondered too if it glowed outside. Probably not. It looked like it was glowing here because it was so dark, it was probably too light outside. Nevertheless the pup was trotting after Venus, holding her own piece of plant because she couldn't just reply on Venus her plant only. 

Kendra walked behind her at first but once the got the opportunity to walk up front she slipped past Venus wanting to be the first. She started trotting, instantly taking the right path. Some say that children learned languages well when they were little, for Kendra these tunnels were almost like a language she was keep on remembering the tunnels and where to go. Once they gotten to the ground her eyes stung. She disliked the light more and more, and Black Feather was quite a dense and dark forest.
Peculiar Little Thing
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
They pair exited the cave, Kendra looking less than thrilled at first. Venus placed the moss down on the ground, and she assumed Kendra would do the same with the moss that was picked up. She studied it, then frowned. It didn't glow. So it was a darkness thing for this moss. "Let's bring it back inside and see if it glows after being outside in the little in we have in the woods." She wasn't complaining about the lack of sunlight, it was in fact her favorite detail of the pack, besides the wolves that inhabit it. She ducked back into the cave, remembering the steps she took earlier, until they reached the chamber with the glowing moss. Venus places it down to study it. It had a faint glow, nothing like the siblings it was surrounded with. She raised back up on her back paws, and pulled another piece of moss off. She quickly placed it down. "I wanted to see if even if the moss was detached from the rock, it would still glow. It seems to be glowing slightly dimmer, but nothing over the top."
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra had no time to really look at hers because then Venus was already running back inside again. The girl scowled after her sitter, why the rush? Kendra liked to take things slow. Venus reminded her a bit of her brother who also wanted to rush everywhere. Kendra looked at her own plant but it wasn't really glowing. She then started to walk back, leaving her plant outside. She came just in time when Venus started to tell something about the plants. Her interest was back and her black ears popped forward. 

Kendra looked from Venus to the plant. "But.. plants die when they are taken from their soil or are broken off from their roots. Of course it won't glow if you rip the plant away from the wall like that," she protested slightly. "Maybe if we take part of the plant, and its roots, then we can maybe replant it above ground. If it worked then maybe at night we have glowing plants!"
Peculiar Little Thing
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus nodded at the girls words. "I am trying to see how long the plant would last before it dimmed out. Good job though Kendra, I'm sorry for rushing around. I can try this at a different time, would you like to try planting some outside your den. I don't think your father would appreciate glowing moss in your cave." she laughed. She placed the 'dead' or no longer glowing moss down and faced the girl.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra sat down, looking at the one that was watching her. Kendra would like to learn how to replant plants. She would love to even. "I wish I would learn to replant plants but now the ground is too hard and all the snow right? Can we try it in spring?," she asked. Kendra was pretty keen on learning this since to her it seemed like it was essential as a Botanist to know such things. She could make her own garden of plants. That was the ultimate dream she wanted to achieve right now. "My father likes me doing plants he said so," she pointed out to Venus. "He rarely says no." That might come as a surprise for Venus and other members. Burke was strict with his kids, but when they did good, he would usually allow most things.
Peculiar Little Thing
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus smiled as an idea came to her. "Why don't we go look for a place you can plant vegetation in the spring? That would be fun, we could make you a mini garden you could take care of!" She said, with a sparkle in her eye. She would have to talk to Burke before the spring to make sure this was clear. "You could pretty much grow whatever you want." She said. The idea made her excited. Venus would have to help tend to the garden to make sure weeds didn't overrun it. The older female looked happily at Kendra, waiting for a reply. The girl was bright, it was very amazing to see her knowledge grow as she learned.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra looked a bit surprised when Venus suggested to make a garden. Could she read mind? Could she hear what she was thinking?? Kendra watched her with wide set eyes. "Um. Yeah," she spoke slowly. "I want to learn about replanting plants," she spoke. The garden was something she wanted to do by herself. She was stubborn enough that she didn't want help with the garden but by listening to Venus she still needed a lot to learn. "What are weeds?," she asked. "Why do they need to go?"

The garden did sound interesting, growing everything she wanted. Hmm. The female liked that idea, but now she decided to act hesitant about it. Not wanting that Venus would steal her idea. It was going to be her garden.
Peculiar Little Thing
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus smiled at the girls surprised face. Venus was not the expert on plants so much as herbs. "Weeds are little plants that grow where you don't want them to. The suck the good stuff, called nutrition, away from your plants, causing them to eventually die. They are easy to pick free." She said. She frowned as she realized she couldn't show the girl exactly where weeds were, because of winter. "I can't show you any right now, because winter has killed off many plants. Before we do anything else, are you sure you want to go through with this? You are going to have to take very good care of these plants. I am going to need your help to dig up the soil to make it fresh, and I need help digging the holes for us the put the plants in. These plants can't die, promise?" She said. Venus was interested to see if the girl was mature enough to understand Venus wouldn't fix the garden of the plants died.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra nodded slowly, she would probably learn in spring what weeds were but she could faintly remember Nem showing her some thistle before. That had been a weed right? She couldn't really remember. The young girl nodded slowly at Venus. "Do weeds have anything useful?," she asked. The girl wondered because if they were so abundant then she was maybe able to use it for something else. But that Venus would have to confirm for her. 

Slowly her face fell into a deeper frown as Venus talked more. Her lighter dots moving down and her eyes scowling. She did not like it when someone had to do something for her. "I can dig!," she protested, maybe for the first time she was actually offended. "I don't need help with digging," she huffed. "I just want to learn to replant a plant. I can do it. I love plants like my mother did. I want this. You can't stop me. Otherwise I will learn it myself," she stated. She could make the soil fresh and make sure there were no weeds. Kendra had a very child like tantrum. She disliked being questioned about the fact she was sure about this. What was Venus thinking? That she was some wannabe plantlover? No. She was the real deal.
Peculiar Little Thing
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus listened to the girl. "No, most weeds have no use, and need to be taken out."  The girl had a spirit, and she wasn't afraid to voice it apparently. The older girl gave Kendra a stern look. Kendra was being a bit mouthy, and Venus was giving her a look to silence her. "When somebody offers you help Kendra, you take it with gratitude. Not everyone will go around offering you help." Hopefully this was a good small reality check. The girl gave Kendra another sharp look, as Burke's howl sounded through the air. Venus looked into the sky through the trees, to see a faded orange as the sun began to set. "Let's get going. If you have any questions, ask now." She said, as she turned around and slowly started walking, expecting the pup to follow behind.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra scowled when she was scolded by Venus by her behavior. It was good that she was getting reality checks regularly otherwise she would probably end up as arrogant as Xan. The girl wanted to talk back to the woman, saying that she didn't want her help. She could decline help right? What if she wanted to do it herself?She wanted help with learning how to replant things but she wanted to make the garden herself. She could be quite bossy and determined. The howl of he father made her ears perk up. He was back home!

"No I don't. But I probably will have later. I only want help with replanting plants," she stated to Venus and let the woman bring her home. The dark colored pup did stay next to her instead of running before Venus. "I didn't mean to be mean," she stated to her as they walked. "I want to do it myself," she added, seeing that she was quite independent. Hopefully that answer was with enough respect for Venus. Yet if it wasn't she would address it a next time because Kendra saw her father and wildly started telling over the glowing moss and how they went to investigate. In a result Venus got a genuine smile from Burke in thanks.

- end -

Thank you for the thread <3 
Peculiar Little Thing