Blacktail Deer Plateau You run like the river, you shine like the sun
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Hawkeye spoke in turn, her words much more pragmatic than his. He laughed lightly at this, amused by her awkward demeanor, then gave her a nip to reassure her. When she confessed her fears about pregnancy, he listened to her quietly, his face somber to show he took her concerns seriously.

"My parents only had one more litter after mine and they were sort of older, so my mom was slowing down anyway. I don't remember her being confined for too long. It was maybe a week before she delivered. Anyway, you're a lot younger and fitter than she was. I bet you'll be on your feet 'til the very last moment, Hawkeye."

He gave her a playfully hurt look, then laughed and admitted, "Four would be a handful, no matter what they're like. But don't worry. There's only two in there," Peregrine said with complete confidence. He paused for a beat to gauge Hawkeye's reaction, then added, "Only two voices spoke to me, you see. That's how I know. It's so hard to tell at that age," he continued, trying not to laugh, "so I'm not sure about the sexes. They all sound like mice when they're still in utero, not to mention the sound distortion."
Messages In This Thread
RE: You run like the river, you shine like the sun - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 21, 2014, 01:44 PM