Blacktail Deer Plateau You run like the river, you shine like the sun
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
It's cool! Perry doesn't necessary feel the same, though. :P

When she mentioned Crete, Peregrine's lips parted. He'd been meaning to talk to her about his brother. Certain they'd had a misunderstanding, he wanted to set everything straight between them. Before he could even mention it, however, she threw out a name suggestion and then, less than a breath later, began ranting and raving about his younger sister rather unexpectedly.

"Jesus, Hawkeye," he replied, his ears sliding backward in displeasure. He didn't know what Koontz had done to earn her contempt but it irked him that she thought it was appropriate to badmouth her to him. "That's my little sister," he rejoined a bit woodenly. "I'd prefer you didn't talk about her that way to me, okay?" he added a bit more softly. "If you two had issues, they have nothing to do with me. But, for what it's worth, I'm sorry that's the case."

Feeling a little awkward now—and quite a bit like the perfect moment had been spoiled—Peregrine rolled his shoulders, trying to let his mate's crass words roll off his back. Working his jaw slowly, he tried to cut through the tension by saying, "I do like the name suggestion, though. Do you think it's cruel to give him such a wordy name? Will he even be able to pronounce it?" He laughed, albeit with a little bit of difficulty.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You run like the river, you shine like the sun - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 21, 2014, 03:09 PM