Blacktail Deer Plateau You run like the river, you shine like the sun
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
When Hawkeye mentioned your sister, Peregrine's mind immediately when to Koontz, so his mate's words momentarily threw him for a loop. Then he realized she must be talking about Osprey. The inconsistency of her words—she certainly didn't think Koontz was great, even though she was his relative—made him smile lopsidedly at her.

"Oss is amazing. You'll like her a lot, I think." He wanted to ask about her family but they remained on the subject of Crete. When she spoke her mind on the matter, his ears slid backward. Her mention of Ariston confused him and Peregrine gave her a baldly perplexed look.

"Wait, what does Ariston have to do with anything?" he asked, then shook his head, deciding it didn't matter. "I wasn't there for this altercation," he reminded her, "but you must understand something about Crete—and Atticus too, for that matter. They're badly scarred by what happened with Tyrannus. It was very difficult to talk to them about my promotion right after it happened. In fact, I'm not sure where me and Atti stand," he admitted softly. "To an outsider, it would've seemed like they were badly disrespecting me—and it has been difficult to take for sure—but I know where they're coming from..."

Peregrine sighed, pursing his lips a moment and then saying, "Essentially, we're being subject to their understandable fears and insecurities about dictatorial Alphas. It's nothing we actually did. It's just hard for them to shake it, so it manifests in stuff like this. Crete will come to realize you're not some tyrant because, well, you're not. I think he took your words at the meeting in the worst negative way but I don't think you meant to make it sound like you wouldn't accept feedback from your members..." Peregrine realized he was treading in dangerous territory, so he let his voice fade away as he looked at her face, a beseeching expression on his imploring her to understand that he only wanted for his mate and family members to be able to get along.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You run like the river, you shine like the sun - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 22, 2014, 10:33 PM