Blacktail Deer Plateau You run like the river, you shine like the sun
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Hawkeye explained why she brought up Ariston and Peregrine acknowledged its relevance with a quiet but genuine, "Oh, I see." He then fell quiet as his mate clearly vented her frustration on him. Although it stung him to hear her say those words—just as it had agitated him when Crete essentially said the same from the other side—Peregrine was able to exercise much more patience and restraint with Hawkeye than most others, particularly because he was certain her temper was a bit shorter due to the pregnancy.

"Babe, that hurts," he said patiently. "I'm not going to choose sides. All I'm trying to do is mediate because I love you both and want you to get along; that's all." He sounded a little frustrated but when he thought of what she'd said in regards to Tyrannus, he added empathetically, "And, believe me, I know how shitty it feels for them to hold Tyrannus's sins against us." And, of course, Hawkeye was free to deal with the matter however she saw fit; for Peregrine, it was a bit more complicated.

Although he was afraid she might turn away from him, Peregrine reached out in an attempt to nuzzle her. "I'm sorry," he said, which wasn't a phrase he used often. However, he couldn't stand being at odds with his mate. "Let's get back to focusing on spending this beautiful morning together," he suggested lightly, hoping she wouldn't tell him off. "We can spend it however you want but, if you're down, I'd love to spend the whole day with you."
Messages In This Thread
RE: You run like the river, you shine like the sun - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 23, 2014, 01:19 PM