Bramblepoint one for all
It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
All Welcome 
anyone :D preferably a pack wolf.

Lately Cicero had been on top of the exploration game, and he decided to check out the western reaches today, after visiting the pack to Blackfeather's east not long ago. He knew Redhawk Caldera's whereabouts, as they'd been around for a long time, and presently decided to explore bramblepoint, not far from Redhawk Caldera's borders. He did not want to tread to close, particularly after Sebastian had been part of the pack for some time. Cicero did not know the full details, but he knew enough to know they were territorial and not Blackfeather's friends.

He scoured the frays of the territory, on guard and alert for any approaching wolves, looking from the brambles that lined the edge of Bramblepoint towards the formidable mountain and finding himself curious for the Caldera's inhabitants.
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Goober continued to search for Smash's friends, Reek and Saena, and seek information on their former pack, Redtail Rise. He was bound and determined to give this effort one hundred percent. Besides, it wasn't like he had anything better to do. Smash had given him a purpose, and it was decidedly nice to have a clear notion of what he was supposed to be doing.

Noticing the heavy scent of a pack, Goober was about to howl for one of the residents when he spotted somebody up ahead. Hopeful that this somebody could point him in the direction of Reek, Saena, or any other Redtail Rise members, Goober let out a woof and bounded toward the stranger. "Hey there!" he greeted, oozing optimism. "I don't suppose you know a Reek or Saena, do you? They used to live at Redtail Rise, and my friend, Smash, is looking for them." Expectantly, Goober awaited the other male's reply.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
When he heard a woof and turned his head to see a stranger bounding his way, Cicero felt instantly defensive. He felt fearful for a moment, but as soon as the wolf started to speak it was clear that this particular wolf had no ill intentions towards him. The wolf raced up to him and asked him if he knew of Reek or Saena, who used to live somewhere, and some other wolf was looking for them. Cicero's first inclination was to say 'no', but as he opened his mouth to speak, he realised that maybe he did not know. He had heard their names somewhere, he was certain. "Perhaps," he said mysteriously, utilising perhaps his favourite word. However, in this case, it truly was a 'perhaps', because he did not remember the exact details. They were fuzzy, as though hidden from him, lingering in a place that he could not reach.

Lingering in the domain of the beast, of Sheogorath, Cicero guessed, and he was not so sure if he wished to risk his sanity to provide some stranger with information. Especially after what had happened last time. Cicero found himself curious if there was any way for him to access Sheogorath's knowledge without allowing the beast to overshadow him. He was always testing the boundaries and trying to find ways to safely cross them, even when it came to something that was as terrifying to him as Sheogorath. "Where was this place, this Redtail Rise?" asked Cicero. "And what does the wolf have to offer in return?" Not that he knew for sure if he had the information, but if he did, then Cicero did not intend to give it up for free. He could smell no pack on the other wolf, but perhaps he did have one. Information would be useful to gain in return, or whatever else he would offer. A pleasant encounter, perhaps, but only time would tell if this would be one of those.
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
The stranger gave an evasive answer at first, and Goober's posture slumped a bit. Even the most optimistic wolf in the world couldn't go on like that forever. However, the stranger was quick to ask more questions, the last one instantly reminding Goober of the slash across his nose. He licked his muzzle, tongue sliding over the wound. "I don't have anything," he replied, bracing himself for what he thought was an inevitable attack. Goober was suddenly very on edge, and he felt a tightness in his stomach.

"You aren't going to try and eat me, are you? Because the last time somebody asked me if I had anything to trade, and I said no, he bit my fuckin' nose." Goober wasn't typically the sort to curse, but that had been a sore point.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
The other wolf's nervousness caused Cicero to tense up, for he was afraid that this wolf might do something to him. He was startled by the sudden change in demeanour, unaware that he had caused it himself. Perhaps if Cicero had not been so easily frightened by males these days he might have realised and analysed that it was his own question that had caused this. As things were it seemed to have fallen from the sky for him. He bared his teeth and warned, "Don't try anything funny. Cicero may be small, but his teeth are sharp." He felt easily victimised as a relatively small and raggedly-looking wolf due to his thin fur. Only when the other guy said that he had gotten into a scrape with another and was afraid did Cicero realise what was going on.

Relaxing slightly (though staying on guard), he said: "Cicero's strengths are not in the nose-biting department." He hoped that this would calm the wolf down sufficiently and then said: "Maybe Cicero may know about this Reek and Saena. Does the wolf know anything about packs in the area? For example, where Blacktail Deer Plateau wolves have now moved to? Or any other information?" The glinster in his eyes betrayed that any information would be good for him, and in the meanwhile Cicero tried to dig his mind for information on Reek and Saena. He knew that he had heard the names before, but the information was shrouded by a thick mist. Sheogorath. And if Sheogorath knew, then the likeliest option would be where Desna was from. Cicero's eyes lit up as he realised this to betray the knowledge that he held, but he withheld from sharing it until the wolf offered him something in return.
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
The sudden display of teeth, followed by the talking of some wolf that Goober didn't know—Cicero? Who was that?—only caused Goober to feel more unease. Thankfully, the boy seemed to loosen up a little bit, and Goober did the same. However, as he went on, Goober didn't feel like this was going to turn out much better than the last time somebody had asked to trade. Then again, maybe it would be ok!

"I don't," Goober reiterated. "I just got here a few days ago, met Smash, and told her I'd try to help her find her friends. Who's Cicero?" he asked, wondering if it was a friend of the black and white boy's. Then again, maybe the boy would insist on more trades in order for Goober to find out who Cicero was.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
i adore Goober's avatar, he looks so *happy*!

The wolf seemed harmless — but if there was anything Cicero had learned in life, it was not to underestimate anyone — but he did not have any information at all. There was little else that Cicero could take from him in return, really, for information and the game surrounding it was what interested Cicero the most.

However, considering it was a game, perhaps it was not all bad and perhaps it was time to take a gamble. Perhaps there were more long-term things that this wolf could offer him, even if he did not hold the information now. Cicero said, "What if the wolf will try to find out what happened to the wolves from Blacktail Deer Plateau in exchange?" A playful grin painted Cicero's muzzle as the wolf asked who Cicero was. It took Cicero a second or five before he found a way to tell the wolf without using the word he feared most in the world — I, Sheogorath — but then he said: "The wolf who is looking for Saena and Reek is looking at Cicero right now." He continued, in regards to his proposal: "Cicero will tell the wolf what he knows about Saena and Reek if the wolf promises that he will come to Blackfeather Woods if he finds out information about the location of the wolves from Blacktail Deer Plateau. Blackfeather Woods is to the east, that way, across the plains and just before the mountain ridge elevates." There was only plains between Bramblepoint and their present location, and so it should be easy enough for the wolf to find it. Perhaps this wolf would never find out anything about the Plateau, but what harm would come of it to tell him about Reek and Saena's probably location? It cost him nothing, except for a small piece of information; Cicero just hoped that he would be able to get a potential something out of this trade.
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
While Goober wasn't quite as eager to help out this guy, he couldn't really say no. He'd had no reason to help Smash, really, and he could always go looking for this Blacktail Deer Plateau after he met back up with Smash.

Apparently, the boy was Cicero, but referred to himself in the third person. That wasn't something Goober had run into before, but he wasn't about to ask any further. The stranger seemed a little on edge... a little unstable... and Goober really didn't want to mess around with that.

"I can do that," Goober agreed, not quite letting his guard all the way down. "My name's Goober, by the way." Maybe that would get Cicero to stop calling him "the wolf." "What do you know about Reek and Saena?" he asked again, eager to get to the point.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
The wolf introduced himself as Goober and promised that he would come to Blackfeather Woods if he found out more about Blacktail Deer Plateau's inhabitants. Cicero nodded, agreeing to the deal, and said: "Cicero advices Goober to travel to the northeast, to Phoenix Maplewood to find Saena and Reek." He wasn't even sure that they were there, but considering their memory was engulfed with Sheogorath, Cicero knew that it had to be there. And even if it was not — their agreement was so vague that it wouldn't be a big loss to either of them. Goober had direction, Cicero the promise of potential information.

"The Maplewood is beyond the mountain ridge to the east, then north along a lake, a marsh, and plains." The maplewood stood out once one was close enough to see it, so Cicero did not doubt that he would find it. "Do not forget the agreement. When Goober finds out more about the wolves of Blacktail Deer Plateau's whereabouts, he will come to Blackfeather Woods." Cicero exchanged a stare with Goober to make sure that he knew that Cicero was serious, and then he smiled and wished Goober a genuine: "Good luck." before vanishing back into the shadows from which he came, hoping that either his present journey or Goober's future information would prove fruitful in Burke's mission to find the Plateau wolves.
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Cicero coughed up the information, though Goober didn't take it at face value. He wanted a bit more verification before he went on that journey. Surely he could get a third party to corroborate the information so he was sure he was on the right track. Cicero went on to explain where he could find Phoenix Maplewood and reminded Goober about their agreement. "Of course," replied Goober, watching as the strange wolf disappeared into the shadows.

"What a weirdo," Goober muttered under his breath, then went back to his search.