The Sentinels here for you
firestone
10 Posts
Ooc — Jon
AW :)

This was the first pack that Chaol had joined other than his natal one, but that didn't really count as he was born into it; he didn't choose to join it. Here, however, he was new, he knew virtually no one and nothing about this place and he would be lying if he didn't say he was a tad bit nervous, and a little bit scared as well. God knows the customs of this place; what if he did something wrong and got kicked out? Or if he accidentally disrespected a wolf? You can't accidentally disrespect someone, idiot. And now he was talking to voices in his head. Everything was great so far.

He looked around, shrugged and made up his mind. Turning on his heels, Chaol made his way to the borders, intend to do something useful, something that would benefit the pack. He'd heard that things had been rocky lately with the other coastal packs around here and made sure to be extra vigilant while patrolling; while he was still new to Donnelaith, this was now his home and he intended to do whatever he could to protect it from any harm.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Assuming this is set before the meeting and the death? 

Pearl had been patrolling/meandering around the borders for a while now. The intrusion and Aria's story had put her on edge, so her natural reaction was to head to the borders. She'd been at it for a little too long, though, she was practically half asleep by the time she ran into the new guy. 

She saw the white fur and naturally thought it was Aria, who was normally the one out here. Plus, she hadn't caught wind of the newest arrival to Donnelaith. "Oh hey, Aria!" she barked out in a friendly manner, followed by a yawn. Coming closer, it wasn't until she saw the blue eyes that she realized this definitely wasn't Aria.
firestone
10 Posts
Ooc — Jon
for the sake of timeline, yeah :) 

A voice rang through the air, calling to someone named Aria. Chaol turned around, an eyebrow cocked in confusion and sought to find the source of the voice. It wasn't hard; it was a female wolf, pale and coated in silvery white much like himself with black highlights on her paws, ears and tail. She was quite pretty, to be honest, with bright green eyes that reminded him of spring. "Sorry, you've got the wrong wolf," Chaol said, conscious of how his british accent contrasted brilliantly against most wolves here. 

He offered her a smile and a wag of his tail, posture shifting to show submission and deference to her as she was a wolf of higher rank. "I'm new to Donnelaith. Name's Chaol."
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
There is a severe lack of timeline in Donnelaith

Pearl was taken aback when she heard the accent and got a full view of him. He almost reminded her of Sebastian with his build and size. "Oh, I'm sorry," she said, very unknowingly wagging her tail slightly.  She was trying hard not to consciously say anything stupid in front of the male she had to admit was very handsome. 

She smiled back and watched him lower into a submissive stance, to which she immediately reacted. "Oh, no, no need for that with me. When did you get here?" she asked with a sleepy smile.
firestone
10 Posts
Ooc — Jon
Chaol flashed her a grin and shook his head, "Nah. Don't worry about it," he told her with a smile in reply to her apology. While he did mind being mistaken for a girl — he presumed it was a girl because of the name —, he truthfully didn't care. These things were minor; he was simply happy to meet another packmate other than the leadership wolves, especially since she was quite a pretty wolf. "What's your name?" he asked politely.

Chaol relaxed and assumed a more casual, but still deferential posture. "About a day ago," he told her with a shrug, not really keeping track of the time.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl had to laugh at his easy dismissal of being mistaken as a girl. "No really, my bad. I only saw the white fur," she said with a smile and a gesture towards his size. Really, he was very large compared to her, nearly the size difference compared to Seb and her. The thought of Chaol and Seb meeting each other was amusing to her for some reason.

The girl had to sit down, otherwise she would have fallen asleep where she stood. "Pearl," she said with a smile. She wasn't surprised that he had arrived so soon; it explained a lot.
firestone
10 Posts
Ooc — Jon
A soft laugh rumbled from Chaol's chest in response to the white female's words and her grin. "No, seriously, it's fine. Don't worry about it. As long as you don't make the same mistake again," with that, he winked at her playfully, hoping she wouldn't mind his current casualness. Then he shrugged his shoulders, showing that he truly didn't mind; he was a friendly wolf and if he let himself get angry over these trivial matters, then gods help him. 

"Pleased to make your acquaintance, Pearl," Chaol said politely with a dip of his proud silver crown and a small smile. "You've been in Donnelaith long?"
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl grinned at the wink, though not fully grasping the meaning, being far too tired. She throughly enjoyed the posh accent, and wanted to keep listening to it. It was almost a lullaby for her, the way his deeper voice laced with the Britishness. Vaguely, she had to keep reminding herself to stay awake and not fall asleep on this handsome stranger. 

"Yes, I came here with the pack from a previous territory. What about you?" she said with a smile and a yawn, which she turned to try and hide.
firestone
10 Posts
Ooc — Jon
Pearl spoke, a smile adorning her pale features but it was accompanied by a yawn, causing the barest trace of a frown to crease Chaol's eyebrows before he expertly concealed it behind his smile. "I left my natal pack when I was a yearling, been traveling ever since, and now I'm here, ready for a new start and maybe even to start a family." He smiled almost shyly and shrugged. Back home, dad was always going on about extending the Iscariot bloodline, having children to continue the legacy and to spread their influence around. 

Chaol hoped to do exactly that and make his parents and family proud even though the chances of them coming to Teekon Wilds and seeing him again were extremely slim, he still wanted to know, deep in his heart, that he had proven them right about him. 

"Are you....tired?" Chaol then asked hesitantly, unsure of how to act. "You don't have to talk to me if you don't want to. I mean, if you want to go sleep instead or anything, it's fine, seriously." He gave her a shy, yet still rather charming smile.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
SO SORRY XD 
I'm experimenting with sleep-deprived flirty Pearl hope you don't mind 

Pearl leaned forward with sleepy interest. She smiled faintly when he mentioned the thought of having a family. On her overly tired brain, a train of thought relating or not to a possible mateship and pups between them. She wouldn't mind. 

He asked if she was tired, to which she looked up with a slightly surprised look. "I guess there's no point in trying to hide it," she said with a laugh. He was so adorably awkward with his smile. "No, no, I like talking to you," she said with an almost urgent 'pls don't go I like your accent' tone and a nod. It took her a bit to realize that sounded a bit weird. "Would you mind walking me back to my den so I don't fall asleep in some random area?" she said with a sweet smile.
firestone
10 Posts
Ooc — Jon
Nah, no worries. :) It's actually kinda cute.  

"Uh...yeah....," Chaol trailed off awkwardly and lifted a shoulder in a shrug, a small smile creasing his finely chiseled features. There was a certain sort of amusement and unsureness when she said that she liked talking to him. She had, after all, just met him. How could she tell if she liked talking to him just after a mere few sentences? However, the Iscariot soldier didn't question it, but smiled gently at her. She was cute, and easy to like and pretty too. What else could he hope for in a girl?

"Sure, whatever you want," Chaol grinned hesitantly at her, the end of his tail wagging as he took a step forward and inclined his head, indicating that he would go wherever she went.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl gave the handsome, awkward man a sleepy but appreciative smile as she started walking in the direction of her den. She playfully nudged him shoulder to shoulder, though pretty low on the shoulder for him. "So what's a handsome guy like you still doing single?" she asked, completely out of character for her. It did have a sincere tone, though.
firestone
10 Posts
Ooc — Jon
Chaol returned her smile with a charming one of his own and followed her, posture still respectably submissive. He knew his place in the pack and even though he knew she'd told him to relax; it wasn't natural for the soldier to do so. It felt somewhat disrespectful to her higher rank and authority. Besides, she didn't seem to take offense, so it was alright. Some wolves took offense when he still postured to them after being friends with them, but it was instinctive and natural for him; sometimes he just didn't understand.

She nudged him on the shoulder, causing Chaol to shake himself out of his thoughts and look at her with piercing, curious, clear blue eyes. Her question caught him completely off guard; though he gathered his thoughts quickly and regained his calm composure in a second, a expression of complete astonishment and surprise had crossed his usually composed features for a moment. "You....think I'm handsome?" he asked her genuinely, curiously. He'd always thought himself to be quite average looking; a simple soldier to the very end.

"I suppose I just haven't found the right person yet," he said with a shrug. "Or maybe it's just my shitty personality. You never know."
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
I'M HORRIBLE so sorry
and if you want to put a finishing touch on the thread, I'm gonna wrap it up. Thanks! :)

She gazed at the large white flurry with curious eyes. He didn't know he was handsome? Surely not."Well yeah, silly," she said with a gentle laugh. The next comment brought forth a grin from her. "Same goes for me," she said with a not-so-subtle wink. 

They came to her den site eventually, Pearl essentially asleep on her feet. She gave a sweet smile to the fluffy soldier boy, who she might have a crush on now, and bade him goodnight. "Thank you, hope you have a good time here," she said before crawling into her comfortable den and falling asleep as soon as her head hit her paws.