Blackfeather Woods Tonight we are victorious
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
@Whisper~ This is for a rank challenge, so I think I should tag @Burke, too, for visibility? o:

Finally, he had ascended into the adult ranks. He felt the same, still, but knew with his coming of age meant the opening of more doors. No longer would he be forced to remain beneath everyone else, but, instead, he could work towards steadily climbing the ranks until he could proceed no further. The idea alone sent a shiver down his spine, a feeling of joy in regards to that which could now be achieved. Alexander didn't quite have a plan, however, aside from climbing as high as he could. The first step, though, would have to be whoever was right above him in the hierarchy. He'd heard of a new wolf having joined them recently, and had decided right away that she would serve as his experimental run. His test subject, if you will, to better estimate how well his climb might go.

And so, with determination in his step, the boy set out in search of the woman he knew nothing about. In truth, he was more or less wandering blindly, for he knew not her name nor even what she looked like. Even still, that did not deter him, for Xan was dead set on claiming that which he wanted.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Iota
32 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Do we have to dice roll? My chat doesn't work very well so I can't really, but if we have to, I'll try.

The powerful female sat against a large tree, contemplating what she should do to help the pack next. he had been hunting like no tomorrow, filling up caches like she did holes. Quickly and easily. She had decided to take a small rest while she waited, gnawing on a robin she had caught earlier that day. Whisper felt fine and was doing her part for the pack, but hoped she could prove to be the best huntress they had.

As she finished up her bird, a scent caught her attention. She snapped her head around, gazing at a distant white figure. She stood up and stretched, preparing to meet the male. She couldn't tell if he was pack blood or not other than his scent. He was wandering around so aimlessly it looked like he might've been a loner. The girl watched and sensed a certain confidence in his step though, as if he were planning something. She waited for him to spot her, muscles rippling beneath her glossy white pelt.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Nope! You can read up on how the rank challenges work here. ^^

With his limited knowledge on the newest member, he'd decided early on that he would base who he was to challenge off of whether or not he'd ever seen the wolf before. If he were to spot someone he'd never seen, then chances are they were the one he sought anyways. Lucky for him, it wasn't long after his quest had begun that the boy had spotted an unfamiliar figure. Even from his place away, he could tell it was a female, and she seemed comfortable within the territory. That made him certain she wasn't a loner, but the very wolf he'd set out to find. Confident in his thoughts, the male had changed his direction so that she was his final destination, tail raised and ears pressed forward. Even as he approached, his demeanor did not change, for he knew himself to be superior to her.

Alexander said nothing, even when he'd grown close enough to be heard. Instead, he'd stood there with his legs a decent length apart and his head held high. His strange gaze was quick to find it's way to her own, meeting it directly as a silent challenge was initiated. He had put up with enough, but no more. Though only recently had he joined the adult ranks, the albino knew he'd been there for far longer than the stranger had. Thus, he felt himself entitled to a rank above hers, and so he would stop at nothing until he'd acquired exactly that.
Iota
32 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Really? The young one was challenging her? Her? She snorted and extended her neck to its full length. Her eyes narrowed, amber irises ablaze. She pulled her lips back only slightly, flashing him with teeth stained from the blood of many wolves. Her hackles bristled a bit. Who did he think he was? Where the hell was Burke? Taking one step forwards, she let a low, low growl escape her throat. How dare he? Her ears pressed forwards and she held one paw up, for she wanted the illusion of injury. If he attempted to attack that leg, she would go for the back of his neck whilst he dove. She tried to make her facial expression that of a scared injured wolf, one who was showing aggression out of fear. Oh yes, if this worked, she would conquer him.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Just a note, rank challenges aren't supposed to lead to spars or anything like that. c: Also, given these twos' personalities, I think we may need @Burke and/or @Nemesis to decide the outcome of this thread. :o

The female had shown signs of aggression, revealing to him her incisors and growling. Xan could not accept such behavior, especially from someone he felt was already beneath him despite their current ranks. His own lips curled back as he snarled, warning her. His ears remained forward and his tail was stiff over his back, gaze never leaving her own. Even when she'd started to act as if she was injured, he did not back down or soften his glare. If she had truly been injured, he did not care, for he knew not who she was. He had no connection to her, thereby preventing him from feeling anything in regards to her well-being. Thus, the boy kept his posture rigid but balanced, head raised up but with his chin tilted down. He would show his strength by protecting his lifeline, while also displaying dominance over the woman.

"Back down," he'd commanded, just barely managing to get the phrase out. It was gargled, rough and deep, having exited his mouth with a growl in tow. He would not back down, as he felt himself to have dealt with too much to remain beneath the fresh meat of the pack.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke happened to trot by when he saw the aggressive display of one of their newest members. Burke instantly turned around to the two. "What is going on here?," he instantly demanded, mostly looking as Whisper because the alpha did not approve in the slightest of any pack member hurting each other. The large male kept his steel gaze at the female, demanding why she was behaving in such way that was not typical for a pack wolf.

Burke briefly looked at Xan, he had the feeling that it was a rank challenge but if so then Whisper had no clue about natural dominance and carrying one self. Burke raised his muzzle a bit, hoping that both would be mature enough if it would end up being his decision who would win this.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Iota
32 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
I know, Whisper just believes he is challenging her to a fight.

Whisper glanced over at her alpha and dipped her head. "He came up and started carrying himself like he's almighty. I believe its a challenge.." She replied, giving a blazing glare at the male. She was so pissed. "He should know that I will not back down." She raised her head higher, along with her body, trying to make herself as tall as possible. She believed this would be a spar, and was ready for it. She placed her paws in a level stance and lashed her tail. She still had no idea what his name was, but to her, that didn't matter. Another defeated wolf in her collection would not need a name. She would just call him 'that one stupid pup who though he was better than you'.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis cameo (maybe), she'll be in the shadows watching after this.

No, this could not go unattended. This female was trying to hurt her step son, ruining the purpose of a rank challenge entirely. It was about dominance, as Xan was playing but hurting a packmate did nothing but bring everyone else down. She waited a few more seconds before intervening, but Burke had already appeared. It was clear Whisper was a tactician, as she could see from the feigned injury and strategy, But Xan had earned his mercenary trade, and had grown up challenging everything in the dark woods he could find. On this one, she would side with Xan although it was not to be mistaken for favouritism but of experiance. He worked hard, and while Whisper proved to be a decent hunter, overall Xan had excelled. That was not to say Whisper could not earn back her rank, but as of now, she knew the boy had earned a higher place in their ranks. 

She couldn't help but to release a feral growl as the she wolf spoke so ill of Xan. Who did she think she was?! Now, this got her protective. Whisper needed to be corrected, as such ill will and violence to another pack mate was not tolerated. Infact, it was the same among packmates in general. It was an accurate representation of her new mindset, as she had much to learn of how they worked, all the more reason to promote Xan. But she would wait to see how Burke dealt with it first, for had this been any other female, she would have put her in her place for even uttering a slang against her step son. But she could not resist, the arrogant-ness was getting to her. "The purpose of a rank challenge is a dominance display, not a bitch fight. Under no circumstances do we hurt a fellow pack member," She snapped at Whisper, for she didn't like how she replied to Burke either, it was just plain rude in the presence of the Alpha."Know your shit before you start it," She muttered, but did not take precautions to make sure it was not heard, as internally she hoped they both heard it. But she made her hasty retreat back to the shadows, not wanting to stick around long enough to watch the ordeal continue to get on her nerves. Today was just not her day.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The woman would not back down as was commanded of her, angering the boy as per usual. He did not attack, though, keeping himself in check this time around and ensuring no physical damage was inflicted upon either of them. It was but a second's passing after that when Burke had arrived, stopping and engaging the female. As the words were not directed towards him, he remained silent, but held his stance. When the newer member raised her head, the boy did so as well, but was mindful of the alpha's presence. While he was intent on stealing from the pallid wolf her rank, he dared not raise himself above Burke. Perhaps that would mean not towering over the one he was challenging, but his battle for dominance over her would be obsolete if he were thrown out for disrespecting the elder male.

A single ear had been twisted back as he heard another's approach, having not realized Nemesis was there until a reaction had been gotten out of her. He'd listened to her words, but again, said nothing in return. The conversation had yet to be directed his way, and so he kept his mouth shut. While his attention had initially been divided between the leaders and Whisper, the latter had eventually earned back a greater portion of his focus. She was trusted about as far as she could be thrown.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at Whisper and how aggressive she was, not only verbally but she looked like she was to pound on the youngster. She clearly had no idea and had to calm down. Burke stepped between Xan and Whisper. His face directed towards her. "The one who yells the loudest gets the least amount of respect," he stated, his how muzzle lifted, a clear poised dominance rolling off his body as he did not accept the female to talk to him like that. "Why don't you observe a challenge and learn for it before barking loudly about how Xan is carrying himself. He has been here longer than you, and at least proven himself to me. My favor goes to him. I will see how you will be doing with this younger guy higher than you in rank, verbal arrogance won't get you anywhere. It is about displaying assertiveness and you did not show any of it," he point out to her on a calm tone, the assertive tone he was always sporting himself.

His pale eyes stayed on the female curious how she was going to react, this could go two ways, she could submit and if she did not she would have to deal with Burke and submitting to him. He was going to make sure to push her down until she submitted and if she didn't she could pack her bags, if she could not even submit to him then there was no use in keeping her in his pack.
Iota
32 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
Whisper was taken aback by both wolves' words. Did they expect her to submit? Wasn't a rank challenge a fight? Her ears laid flat against her skull and she stood down, lip curled with annoyance. She was having definite second thoughts, but was determined to make herself known in this pack, and to climb ranks as she would a mountain. Yes, she was arrogant sometimes, but also felt that she had the right to be. She was an excellent fighter, and and rolling it beneath its paws. Ugh. Her blazing gaze focused on the ground, she would eventually put that youngster in his place...she would.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Was waiting for Allie to post again, and then I reread her OOC message... THANKS, BRAIN
Also, short post >.>

Xan was silent the enter time, listening to the words tossed about. His eyes lingered upon the female, looking down on her as a result of his subconscious thoughts. He was higher than her in the world—this was something he strongly believed, and noted, then, how he was given the official status to back up his wordless claim. The favour of the "match" went to him, rising the boy up in rank while the other was then stationed below him. He couldn't help but smirk at that, forever the cocky little bugger that he was, and then waited once more to see what would happen to the other pale being. More importantly, he wanted to know if Burke had anything more to say, as well as if the nameless female might be further chastised.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Going to end it here because it is old and Whisper is not activated yet. Plus Xan is higher in ranking! :)

Burke looked over the two wolves. "I favor for Xan," he spoke to the two wolves. His body staying calm but his eyes were disapproving of Whisper's behavior. The large male nodded towards the younger male, glad that it was settled this way. Whisper was new, she would learn how things would go in their pack, if she would stick around that is. 

Now it was decided Burke turned away from this little dispute. There were other matters to settle, just like how this one had been settled. 

-end