Phoenix Maplewood Out of This World
Sometimes You Just Have To Believe
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Private 
For @Saena

About two hours previous Spring had been sitting at the mouth of her smaller sized stone carved den enjoying the sunset in the distance, when a voice... a howl had caught her ear and although it was very faint, extremely faint to be exact in her ears, it was Reek’s... she knew his tone anywhere, since she had once grown so accustomed to it.  Once gone from her world now his voice was back.  One more problem was that it was joined by others, others, which meant there was yet another pack, she had recognized two more:  Lunar Eclipse and Tavi.  Although Spring had once liked Reek and enjoyed his company, she knew in her heart and mind that it was so wrong to just abound your mate whilst she’s pregnant and g off and have a ‘session’ with someone else.  Especially when that girl happened to be Tavi, the one wolf that she had always despised.  Spring swore on her soul that day that she would never do something so careless, so despicable as to go off and be with someone else when she already had a wonderful life.  Now that wolf that she had once enjoyed the company of, enjoyed speaking too and above all that she had once considered a true friend, now seemed to be an enemy and with that enemy came a pack.  A pack full of outsiders that threatened her packs survival with their own needs for life.  They were a threat to Phoenix Maplewood with their needs.  A threat that should... no needed be vanquished from this world.

Now Spring was actively searching for Saena.  She had been since the howl she had heard in the distance that roughly two hours ago.  She needed to tell her Alpha Female of the news if Saena hadn’t heard already.  Although she and the white furred wolf had never really interacted much, except for pack gatherings, Spring still felt her loyalty directed towards the girl.  Saena was her leader... her Alpha.  Her sole Alpha, and so she would be treated as such.  Saena deserved to know this information, she had rights to it.  No doubt about it.  Reek had left her when she had needed him most.  He had left her to be a single Mother in their pups upbringing.  Spring didn’t know how Saena lived with it everyday.  In Spring eyes although she Alpha was young, Saena seemed to have the power of the stars.  Somehow Saena seemed to keep everything together, even in a moment of her own heartbreak, the Maplewood had stayed strong, unaffected by the losses... no their were no losses.  If the wolves who had chosen to go had gone, then they were no better than Reek was.  Saena, her Alpha deserved so much better than this.  She deserved so much more.  In a final attempt to find her Alpha Spring raised her head and let out her voice.  “Saena!”  She yipped loudly and urgently, hoping that her Alpha would hear her.
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
It was unwise to be out on border duty while getting near to the end of her pregnancy, but Saena no longer had a co-leader to rely on. Being the pack's most dominant wolf, she needed her scent to also be the most dominant, so she spent a few hours every day tending to the borders. It gave her something to do, something to take her mind off her nightmarish thoughts and her fear that the whole pack would follow in Lunar Eclipse's wake, and that was worth a lot to the pregnant alpha.

Normally her border patrols ended without much excitement, so she was surprised to hear a call for her echoing through the rustling forest. She switched gears, departing from the borders and heading inward. She very nearly missed Spring entirely, but swung right around a fallen tree and ended up face-to-face with her subordinate.

"Oh!" she exclaimed, pulling back a step or two while her heart hammered. "I wasn't expecting you there!" she said breathlessly, for once approaching something a little like a nervous giggle. "What's up?"
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring yelped, startled as she suddenly became face to face with her Alpha.  On a normal day maybe she would have let out a laugh, as Saena had or maybe express her concerns for Saena doing a border patrol through the Maplewood during her pregnancy, but today was not a normal day.  She had an urgent and serious matter to discuss.  Her eyes shone with determination... yet something else was there too, a spark of nervousness.  What if Reek and Tavi tried to drive Phoenix Maplewood out as revenge for being kicked out?  It sounded pretty out there, but who knew?  Some wolves could do some pretty chaotic, psychopathic stuff.

Spring words came out in a surprisingly in a smooth, urgent, serious tone, instead of rambling or talking fast.  Her tone of voice was not at all how she felt or had expected it to sound.  It actually surprised her.  “Saena, I have something very urgent to discuss with you.”  Spring began in a deadly serious tone, for a moment her eyes flickered around the two female’s surroundings as if she suspected someone to be spying.  She didn’t want to spark any accidental rumors or anything right now. She wanted to play it safe.  Then the brown furred female continued on.  “Just a few hours ago, I heard Reek howl.  With others... including Lunar Eclipse, Tavi and some others that are unidentified to me.”  She paused, taking a deep breath as if preparing herself mentally, for what she would tell her Alpha next.  Poor Saena... she didn’t deserve this... or so Spring thought.  “They howled a claim Saena.  The howl was faint to my ears, but I still could decipher some of the voices of the howls.  So that has to mean that they are within around the same distance that Sleeping Dragon currently is to us.  They are no doubt still inside of the Snowforest Taiga.”  Spring finished, her gaze now shimmering with an expression that seemed to be colder than ice.  Not directed towards Saena of course, but directed towards Reek’s pack.  Personally she would not be surprised if Tavi lead alongside him.  They had had an affair anyways, but all that did was make Spring’s blood boil nevertheless.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Spring's frantic expression and voice were unlike her, and Saena's worries settled over her cold and unwelcome. She thought of Lunar Eclipse and was on the verge of believing that Spring was about to announce her departure, too, when the woman mentioned Reek, Tavi and Lunar Eclipse.

"What?" asked Saena, aghast. She hadn't heard the howl, but the maple wood they claimed was vast and deep and it could easily have reached only the nearest fringes. "You're sure it was them? Do you know which direction?" It was impossible to know their location without going to look for it, but she half expected the Emberwood in her haste to believe that Reek wanted to undo his mistakes by undoing Phoenix Maplewood.

"Damnit, it's the worst possible time for this. We don't have the numbers to deal with it right now," she snarled then, overcome with the belief that Reek's perceived nearness only proved he was a threat to her, her wolves and her pups. It made sense. He wanted his perfect new life with his side dish and what better way to do that than destroy the maple wood, causing his ex-mate to leave the area? Bonus points if his cubs died in the process, thought the alpha, so he could pretend they never happened. Saena grit her teeth, already running with the assumption.

Whatever Reek's motives were with settling so heedlessly close to her claim, Saena had already made up her mind: for endangering their well-being not once but twice, he would surely never see his children now.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring perked her ears, listening as Saena’s mood quickly changed, due to the news.  Although she did feel a little guilty for telling the Alpha such horrible news... especially at this point in time, she knew it was entirely necessary.  This was serious and Saena needed to be in the loop.  Spring dipped her head, giving a brief nod of agreement, at Saena’s words.  She agreed with her Alpha.  It really was the worst time, with Saena so close to having her pups.  It was quite obvious that if it did come to a battle or war with Reek’s pack, it would probably be without Saena... at this point in time.  Plus Saena’s point about not having enough members was also pretty straight on.  The brown furred female began to speak in return to Saena’s words.

“I’m sure it was them.  I know there voices, used to hear m’ all the time.”  Spring began, then added silently to herself in her thought: especially Tavi’s voice, I don’t think I could forget that annoying female whatsoever even if I wanted to.  Spring continued on with her words, after a small hesitation as she tried to think of which direction the howls had been from then reluctantly she continued.  “The howls... I believe that they came from North or Northwest of the Maplewood.”  Spring informed Saena.  Suddenly and idea sprung into her mind, maybe it would be rejected but it was still good to put her offer out there.

“If you want Saena... I could go scout and double check to see that there is actually a pack.  In case I run into any trouble, I could bring someone with me.  If we do find Reek’s pack, we could try to find a member that is not Reek, Tavi or Lunar Eclipse.  Someone who would have no idea who we are.  We could pretend to be interested in the pack.  Find out information, then return to Phoenix Maplewood we tell you.  To wash off our pack scents we could roll in some mud, pines, some water, stuff like that.”  Spring offered, informatively.  Then she continued.  “I know that the plan has many flaws, but I just wanted to put that out there, if it comes down to it.”  Spring finished.  Then waited for her Alpha to decided what she wanted to do, if Saena even decided to share that.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Spring's certainty didn't quell the unrest rising in Saena's breast, but she was able to steady herself a little with the grounding notion that perhaps there was something to be done about it. She couldn't directly challenge their pack as she had the Emberwood, having learned too late about Reek's traitorous decision to settle within howling distance, but there were other, more personal ways she could handle the situation. Spring had her ideas too, which Saena listened to keenly before finally shaking her head.

Vindictive or not, she wasn't ready to endanger her loyal followers, especially in the wake of at least one of them suggesting she was not a fit leader. "I can't let you go into harm's way deliberately like that," she said softly. "I have a responsibility to keep you, and all members of this pack, safe." It was a responsibility she hadn't thought of in the slightest when she led them against Rosings, but that was before pregnancy had mellowed her. There were too many risks with attempting to weed out information this time, not least of all inciting aggression against her pack when all they really wanted was to be left alone. "At most, and only if you feel you must, you may seek out their location. Don't draw too close and do not engage if any of them spot you. Determine if they are close enough to endanger our prey and position here." They could then decide what to make of her selfish ex-mate's actions, if anything, beyond what Saena already planned to do about it.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring nodded, in a silent agreement to Saena's words.  Her Alpha was correct politically.  Spying, when nothing was currently having been proved wrong was wrong to do.  Although Spring would have loved to spy on that pack.  Saena was right.  Plus... with Saena's pups so close to their due date, if Reek's pack decided to take action against them for worst cause, if they found out about any spying, that would put the Redtail pups in danger.  She would never let that happen in her own power and will, Spring almost instantly decided.  The pups were innocent, but then again they shouldn’t have to be so close to their horrible Father...

"I understand your terms."  Spring replied, casting one suspicious glance around.  As if paranoid someone someone could be watching... of course no one currently was.  Now that that quick spoke plan/pass of formation was done, Spring remembered that she had forgotten to congratulate Saena about something rather important.  She looked down kind of sheepishly for a moment, surprised that she had never really gotten around to it earlier.  She glanced back up looking a little more cheerful... still a distraught look from the effects of Reek's pack remained.

"Saena... I almost forgot."  Spring paused for a moment.  "Just wanted to say congratulations on the pups.  They will be a wonderful addition to this pack.  I can't wait to see them.  I bet they'll be so cute!"  Spring expression brightened a little more.  New pups would bring new hope to Phoenix Maplewood.  It would give them a purpose to protect, more members... and endless fluffball adorableness.  She smiled at the thought of the pups, trying to imagine what they would look like.

Edit:  On Wording and Grammar in First Paragraph
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena was relieved when Spring agreed to keep her operation relatively safe. There was always the possibility that Reek and his new subordinates would attack anyone who got anywhere near their claim, but while she believed a lot of things both true and untrue about that man, Saena didn't believe he would harm a former subordinate. The circumstance that caused his ejection from the pack was wholly his doing, after all. She hardly believed he would blame her subordinates or even herself for his loss.

Spring's change of topic did light up Saena's face slightly, although she was also touched with sadness at the thought. Oh, if she could simply erase their existence, cease being pregnant and wait until she could bring children into the world with a complete family... but that was an impossibility for wolves and she would not snuff their lives once they were born. She knew she wouldn't be strong (or weak) enough. "Thank you," she murmured, mustering up a shadow of a grin. "I'm sure they will be," she agreed. "I'll be counting on you to help teach them all the things they need to know." And, since Spring already was a Caregiver and a Counselor, she went on to add, "when they're younger, with Reek gone, I'll need more help with them. I would appreciate if you were willing to help look after them when I need to leave the den." With Esaro guarding the site and Shreya or Spring keeping the pups company, it would be almost like having a devoted mate still, and Saena would be able to remain the leading female of the pack with their aid.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
“Of course I will.  I’ll pupsit for you anytime you need me.”  Spring instantly responded with enthusiasm, it would be a kind of fun job.  She hoped it wasn’t to much work for Saena, since the Alpha was currently single without a mate and although she had never been a Mother herself, she was sure it would be a hard job, energy draining, job.  Due to the fact that they needed to be suckled by their Mother often as pups, and then when they were around three weeks old, they would need to be feed about three times a day of regurgitated meat.  Of course everyone was sure to contribute Saena would be needed by the pups.  Spring vaguely at the edge of her mind if she would ever have pups.  It was a possibility... but if she ever did get pregnant, she probably wouldn’t get a chance to for a long time.  Right now she planned to stay at the Maplewood and breeding would be considered treason, since she was simply a subordinate.

Another question perked at Spring’s mind about the pups.  “Do you have any ideas regarding names for the pups yet Saena?”  The brown furred female asked curiously.  She wondered if any would look like their father, a part of her hoped that none of them had a black coat and murky brown eyes, as that could pose a personal reminder to Saena... hopefully that didn’t happen.  She wondered if any would have the same white pelt as their Mother, with red ears and spots under/around their eyes.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
"Awesome," Saena said with a grateful smile, "thank you, Spring. I'm glad I can count on you." It was a load off to know she would have help from her subordinates when the time came that it was needed. The pups would belong to the entire pack in the end, of that she was certain. She took a moment to shift on her paws and finally settled into a sit, moving slowly with the added weight of pregnancy, and bobbed her head.

"I want to name one of them Indra," she shared. It was one of her first and only suggestions to Reek for names and it was one she intended to use. "Reek wanted to name one Milo," but the very thought of her mate's influence stung and she quietly admitted, "I'm not sure I want the reminder." Truth be told, she was rethinking a lot of things, including her deal to share them with her ex-mate. It showed in the wilt of her ears. "I can't think of anything else, though," she admitted, and it was likely when the day came if any pup popped out with tiny male bits, his name would be Milo whether or not it reminded her of Reek. She wasn't quite creative enough for anything else, and she was set on having two cubs, so further names didn't occur to her either.
734 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Spring smiled warmly as the names were spoken.  Trying to ignore the fact that Reek had chosen one.  If there were another pup she wondered what that pups name would be, but didn’t ask, because Saena never mentioned a third name, so then her Alpha probably hadn’t decided what to do if that happened.  “I love those names Saena.”  Spring told her Alpha warmly, then paused for a few moments before continuing.  “Also... if you ever need help with anything else just howl for me and I’ll be there.”  Spring added in a more serious tone.  Her words were full to the truth too.  She knew that it would probably be very hard as a single Mother with young pups.  If only Reek could have been smarter with his choices...

Spring’s gaze flicked to the sky.  Wow... it was getting pretty late.  The sun had just fully set and now darkness enveloped above the two females.  Tomorrow she would head out to go see if Reek’s pack was a place.  “Getting pretty late.  Think I’ll get back to my den soon and go scout out bright and early tomorrow morning.”  Spring remarked.  Her gaze then once more flicked up to the starry sky, wondering what tomorrow would bring.  Spring really hoped Reek had been smart enough to not start a pack so close to Phoenix Maplewood, although at this point she would not be surprised.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Spring's enthusiasm about her choice of names made Saena feel a little better about it, too. She was still scared to death of giving birth to children and being tethered to them. The prospect was hardly exciting, and very telling of the fact that Saena wasn't actually ready for motherhood and had rushed into it out of a desire to fulfill Reek's wishes. Still, there was no going back now and she needed something to keep her afloat in her private sea of misery.

"Thanks," she said earnestly. She would indeed need Spring's help in the coming days. Without a co-leader of any sort, Saena was the sole wolf in the forest to tend to those duties, and so she would be unable to spend as much time in the company of her pups as most new mothers. Spring would be instrumental in aiding with that.

"Take care, and be careful," said Saena, and she felt a pang of worry at the thought that Spring could wind up in trouble out there. She very much doubted Reek would recruit a bunch of bloodthirsty wolves, but she couldn't trust anything he did anymore. Having thought she knew him and having been proven wrong on that, she refused to believe there was anything he wouldn't do to further himself and himself alone, and attacking a Phoenix wolf might be his desire. Shaking her head, the alpha female pushed those troublesome thoughts away and headed off to get some sleep herself.