Phoenix Maplewood 'you were,' my dear, is the saddest sentence left to say
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
This will be the last round, likely to be archived in one week. Reply by May 8th. Given the timeframe between SD and PHX, they will likely stay they night somewhere outside of the territory and return after a few hours of rest/in the morning.

They begin their trek, Dio and Wildfire, and eventually she loses sight of the other groups. A simple call would test their location, and she’s sure she wouldn’t have to run terribly far in either direction to find one of her dragons. It takes time to cover the entire maplewood, to determine there’s no one hiding around the corner for an ambush, that life within these borders have ceased to exist. With a short, localized call to her own, she announces: The Phoenix wolves are gone.

There isn’t enough evidence for them to completely relax, but she feels safe to safe the wolves are gone from these lands. A cowardice move, and her blood pumping her veins—ready for bloodshed—goes unsatisfied. She shifts her weight a little before the pack reassembles and she shifts onto steady limbs and stoic expression. A mixture of relief and disappointment fills her, but she sets it aside to face the wolves victor.

“Forfeit is still a defeat,” she finally says once they’ve collected together. The return would be with heads still held high as if she’d shed their blood in war. They still return with victory on their shoulders.

Thuringwethil lifts her nose, rising a call to stir within each one of her dragons. With everything she has, she propels her voice that anyone would hear the Dragons’ win and that not a single Phoenix were left in the maplewood. With a smirk forming mid-call, she can’t help but imagine @Reek’s face should he hear her battlecry.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
RE: 'you were,' my dear, is the saddest sentence left to say - by Antumbra - May 01, 2016, 08:31 PM