Larksong Grotto bag of bones
your blade might be too sharp
113 Posts
Ooc — Ash
A wolf approached them, one that was dark of figure and yet not unkind. Terich watched this wolf approach with his head cast down, really watching his paws come forward. He stole a glance upward, toward his face, to register to whom he spoke, before he looked away again. After a terse moment, Terich saw that Vuk stirred to reveal Seff suckling at her teat. He sighed, knowing now that he'd have to play this card to get them in. As Vuk's tears began, Terich licked her cheek softly, nudged Seff's tiny head, and turned his attention toward the dark wolf.

We know this is unorthodox, and that we may be denied our request. He didn't feel the need to point out the obvious. The lands were dying, or dead already, and two more mouths to feed would not be easy. But my wife and I seek shelter. Our pack was destroyed from within when our alphas abandoned us. That was at least close to the truth. Terich's blue eyes filled with tears of frustration and anger and exhaustion, something that truly needed no acting. But the rest, the story of their plight, had been fabricated. He'd stick close enough to the truth to be believable, but what really happened at the ridge, neither wolf knew. My mate was pregnant when we left. She lost three of our children on the way. His gaze turned from Reek's paws to the tiny bundle within Vuk's embrace, and let a soft grin light his features.

We may not offer much, but I can fish. He turned back to the alpha, his shoulders hunching lower. My grandmother taught me a little healing, and my skills at fishing have kept them alive. He paused for a breath, then said finally. We offer little other than our loyalty, given freely in exchange for shelter. I will die for my family, and I will die for you if you welcome us in yours. Promises were hard for Terich, but this much was true; if Reek allowed them entrance, Terich would be sure to abide by his laws and fish the streams dry in order to repay him.
Messages In This Thread
bag of bones - by Relmyna - May 05, 2016, 11:26 AM
RE: bag of bones - by Terich-mir - May 05, 2016, 03:01 PM
RE: bag of bones - by Reek - May 05, 2016, 04:21 PM
RE: bag of bones - by Relmyna - May 05, 2016, 05:08 PM
RE: bag of bones - by Terich-mir - May 05, 2016, 05:29 PM
RE: bag of bones - by Reek - May 05, 2016, 09:39 PM
RE: bag of bones - by Relmyna - May 05, 2016, 10:02 PM
RE: bag of bones - by Terich-mir - May 06, 2016, 06:46 AM
RE: bag of bones - by Reek - May 06, 2016, 09:24 AM
RE: bag of bones - by Relmyna - May 06, 2016, 09:37 AM
RE: bag of bones - by Jhala - May 06, 2016, 09:19 PM