Blackfoot Forest Family portrait
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Leto family reunion time! @Samuel you're welcome to jump in if you want, and of course either of the Alphas are welcome too.

Liri patrolled the border, something she often threw herself into when she was stressed. Famines were always stressful thus she could often be found at the borders these days. 

A particular scent drew her attention. Liri sniffed it over carefully, mouth open to smell better. It was a male and the scent was oddly familiar yet she couldn't place it. Turning, she followed it into the territory. This male's scent was mixed with Amara's and Minna's, letting her know this wasn't an intruder but rather a new recruit. 

Following it led her to a larger, white furred arctic wolf. Brow furrowing in confusion, Liri approached wondering why he looked so familiar. The shape of his form, the side profile of his face was reminding her of someone yet she couldn't tell who as she got closer.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

96 Posts
Ooc —
Leto paced, trying to get the nerve to go speak to her. Come on, Leto. She's your sister, she won't kill you. Well, Liri might.. Turning to go track her down, Leto stopped in his tracks. Across the small clearing stood Liri, eyeing him with confusion.

"Liri!" A huge smile broke across his face, not a smirk and actual genuine smile. His tail wagged a mile a minute as he rushed towards her, so eager to see her again that he forgot all about why they had been separated for nearly two years.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The male turned, golden eyes lighting up once they landed on her. Her confusion furthered as he called out her name, rushing towards her joyfully. Her ears flattened, pelt bristling as he got closer. The one time I'm not with Sam, some freak tries to attack me. 

"Stay back." Liri snarled, getting into a defensive position. "Who are you and how do you know me? Why do you look so familiar?" Her questions were defensive, just as her stance was, teeth bared as if daring him to come closer.

96 Posts
Ooc —
It was Leto's turn to be confused, surely his sister remembered him? He skidded to a halt, golden eyes stuck on Liri as he watched her aggressive display. Was she always so angry as a child? 

"Liri, it's me, Leto. Your brother...don't you remember me?" Leto stepped towards her hesitantly, whining softly. A thought seemed to strike him then. "Where's Ameta? Did she join a different pack, I haven't smelt her around?" Unaware that their youngest sibling was dead, having been killed by a bear.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
It was the worse thing he could have said. Her brother? As in the brother who had left her and Ameta for dead as children, leaving Liri to carry the burden of family leader at ten months? That brother?

An even louder, more ferocious snarl left her mouth as she sprang at him. "You got a lot of nerve, coming here. Everything was perfect, why did you have to show up?!" For once she was happy, she had Sam and in spite of the famine Liri had a family, a pack that she loved. 

"She's dead, you idiot. And it's all because of you!" Her words came out as an angry shout, leaping for him once more. Liri was out for revenge, she wouldn't have killed him but she might have torn a chunk out of him. Serves him right for abandoning us.

96 Posts
Ooc —
Leto reeled backwards as she charged for him, scrambling up a log in his haste to get away from her snapping teeth. "Hey, hey, hey! Liri, stop that!" Leto shouted down at her, hoping to use the authoritative 'I'm in charge' voice from their younger days to stop her.

It didn't seem to work, she came charging for him again. Leto's face blanked as she answered his question, the blood draining from his face and chilling his veins. "She died?" The joking was gone from his face for once, leaving only a hushed whisper full of grief to escape him.

Leto felt her words like a knife, twisting into his heart. He did nothing to stop her from digging her teeth into his shoulder, the pain was nothing compared to the overwhelming shame he felt.

Leto seemed to snap out of it, shaking his head and shaking his sister off him. "Stop that, what's the matter with you? I'm still your brother. Liri, what happened to you? You were never like this as a pup?" Liri had always been so meek, so shy as a child. What had changed?
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri didn't respond to his tone, though she recognized it from when they were children. Leto had often used it to reprimand his younger sisters against doing something. He had given up that right when he left them in the middle of the night.

She had managed to sink her fangs into his shoulder, Liri felt a stab of guilt but it was overpowered by triumph. Pacing back and forth in agitation, though her eyes never left his, she snorted incredulously.

"What happened to me? What did you expect? The same timid little girl from Moon Rise? Guess what? That Liri died a long time ago, the same night you abandoned her to take over as the head of our family! I wasn't even a year old and somehow I was supposed to take care of both of us, since you couldn't be bothered to do it." Liri was in his face now, practically screaming her fury at him. 

"Everything that happened to me is your fault. Do you even know what he did to me?" A humorless laugh escaped her. "Of course not, you were too busy being a coward. Take a good look, brother.Liri turned, flattening her ears. The pale pink scars showcased her abuse, bitemarks crowded around her neck and ears with the odd one mixed into her chest or shoulders. The long scar that crossed up onto her side from her underbelly was also visible, a long ago healed gash. All were daily reminders that she hadn't been strong enough to stop Remo.

96 Posts
Ooc —
Leto could say nothing, couldn't get a word in over her screaming. He backed up, only for Liri to keep pressing onwards to get into his face. Her words were true of course, Leto could only feel that much. Ameta's death was his fault.

She showcased her scars, things he had not noticed in his haste to reunite with her. Horror filled him and a different emotion: rage. "Who the fuck did that to you? Is it that male I smell on you? You reek of him." 

Leto had been filled in of the mating statuses, and his baby sister smelled strongly of a distinct male. Was this bastard the one leaving marks on her body?
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
ooc: Oh jeez, go on in Sam!

hearing many noises that sounded stressed, the mountain of a man decided to go and check it out. He wasn't very concerned at first, but he then heard the voice of Liri. Everything paused before he let his legs run free.

galloping swiftly, he could see Liri with another, their voices loud. He wondered who that man was, soon letting his hackles and tail rise as he approached. He showed his stature and ranking, not afraid to protect what he loved and what was his.

"What's going on over there!?" He shouted, coming closer and closer to the two. The scent of blood filled his nose, and Samuel feared that his mate had been attacked. Loud growls drummed in his throat and dripped from his coal lips.

his long strides engulfed the barren land, soon coming to a skidding halt. With a soft nudge of the shoulder, samuel gave Liri a apologetic expression before turning his head to face the unknown in-law. 

Flesh peeling back, sharp ivories gleamed with pride as the mountain stared into the other's eyes with a dangerous intent.

"stay away from her" he warned with a dark tone, his brazen hackles bristled.

​how dare this man shout at his wife.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"Don't you dare blame Sam, he is the only one who understands. He was there for me when you weren't, he helped me pick up the pieces. So don't you ever think that he would hurt me or I swear on our dead mother that I will rip your throat out." Liri was in his face, snarling as she leaned up on her tippy toes just as Samuel appeared in the clearing.

He nudged her before turning to Leto, Liri rubbed her head affectionately against him to draw comfort. The whole ordeal had her shaking with anger and loss as she recalled Ameta. "Sam, this is my brother, Leto. Leto, this is my mate, Sam." Liri introduced the two rather calmly, letting them know they were in laws. 

"The male who did this to me was my last mate. As if you have the right to question who I associate with." Liri snorted derisively. "You didn't care almost two years ago, why care now?"

96 Posts
Ooc —
Sam must be her mate. Leto opened his mouth to respond, but then a huge grey male thundered into the clearing and nudged Liri behind him before turning on Leto with a warning. "Relax, buddy. She's my sister." 

Liri spoke from behind her huge bodyguard, revealing that this brute was his brother in law. Leto eyed him appreciatively. Well at least you know she's well protected. 

"Look, I'm here to make things right. Are you ever gonna forgive me?" Leto stepped forward tentatively, wondering if this Sam would stop him. He peered around the male, looking to Liri for an answer.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
So this boy was Liri's brother? "A bad one that is" Samuel criticized silently in his head. "I'm not going to just relax here 'buddy'." Samuel could feel the desire to chase this wolf out of the land. Although Samuel was thin, he still had huge body mass and size. He felt confidence, not arrogance, circulate through his blood as adrenaline pushed his heart rate faster and faster. One wrong move and this poor sucker would be dead.

Liri had done introductions and was obviously not very happy that Leto was here. Let wanted to be forgiven, but he made the mistake of taking a step forward. Samuel automatically lifted his hackles higher. "You take one more step closer to her and I'll break each of your bones, one by one" he threatened, his grey eyes turning darker as each second ticked by. Samuel took a step forward, matching up to Leto and giving him a sharp glare. "So long as she does not want you here, you will leave her be and leave the border" he spoke, knowing very well he had the right to chase this man out if he felt the need to.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri's eyes flicked upwards at Leto's question, moving around her mate with resignation in her eyes. Leto was part of the pack whether she liked it or not. The two males were toe to toe, looking ready to tear into each other. The arctic wolf nudged her mate gently, meaning for him to not harm her brother. No matter what, Liri wasn't a kin slayer. 

"Maybe someday I will. But that day is not today." With that, Liri turned to leave, glancing at Sam. "Please don't hurt him. I don't want you to get in trouble for fighting him." Liri padded away, ready to sleep off her stress whether Samuel came or not.

96 Posts
Ooc —
minor pp that I can edit out later if need be

Liri moved around the man, nudging him gently as if to speak for herself. Leto waited with bated breath as she spoke, her eyes dull with resignation. 

Leto's head dropped as she spoke, understanding that forgiveness took time. They had to figure out how to love each other again, Liri wasn't the girl he once knew. His head snapped up as Liri spoke to Sam, holding back an incredulous snort. Sammy here don't look too hot, I doubt he's gonna be hurting anyone for a while.

The two departed, leaving Leto alone with his guilt. Slowly the pale man trudged off to find somewhere to sleep for the night, head hung with shame.