The Sentinels Reaching a fever pitch
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
All Welcome 
Now being exactly two months old and having the access to all of the skills necessary to move around independently, it was very hard to keep Sarah inside the den.Though she still whined, when her mother got up to leave, she had now something to fill her time with. And sneaking out on daily basis was one such thing, if that happened before Terance or Wraen had done it, even better. 

Today she had tried to catch up with her mom, but she lost her quickly and therefore stayed in front of the den entrance, observing the surroundings keenly, taking in the landscape, the sounds and the smells.
a page ripped
258 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Medic
:D

Quietly knowing herself now to be trusted enough among the wolves of Donnelaith to mix with their young, Lucani actively sought out Osprey's pups that day. It was curious to think she had first "met" them when they'd been nothing but bulges in the storyteller's figure — and ones that had caused a good deal of morning sickness, no less.

At the entrance to the whelping den she found one silvery child, and regarded her gently. Hello, little bird, she said fondly, recalling what Osprey had said about giving her children bird names.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: I will be online for the next few hours. We can spree, if you wish.

While Sarah appeared just as brave as Terance within the small circle of family, when it came to the rest of the pack, she found it hard to take those first steps to form a friendship. She was painfully shy and would not dare to look the other person in the eye, while speaking. 

Therefore, when a she-wolf that looked similar to her mother, yet was not exactly the same, appeared and spoke directly to her, Sarah shot a quick glance at the other wolf's face, gave a little wag of her tail and then fixed her eyes on her dusty forepaws. "He...hello..." she said quietly.
a page ripped
258 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Medic
Oops, I'm afraid I wasn't around for a spree! :)

The little one was very cute, but Lucani didn't believe in telling this to pups — especially girls. She didn't think you're so pretty was a solid enough foundation for life, so she started searching for more. The girl was a bit shy. And curious.

I'm a friend of mummy's, she said gently, and smiled, tail wagging lightly. My name's Lucani. What's yours?
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
While still a puppy Sarah did behold a certain charm - awkward proprotions, fluffy coat, big eyes and the overwhelming shyness - but she would never be the pretty one as an adult, nor would she ever care for that much either. Therefore Lucani should not have worried. 

"S-s-sara..." she mumbled, shooting a quick glance at the older wolf and forcing a smile. Then her gaze dropped back to her feet and she knew now, how to proceed.
a page ripped
258 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Medic
Sarah, she repeated, that's a nice name. And it was. It rang like a bell, short and clear.

Lucani lowered herself lightly to the ground, stretching out her front limbs, so she was more at Sarah's height. What's your favourite plant, Sarah? she posed the question. I rather like these daisies here, she gave the girl a clue to the type of answer she was looking for, nudging one of the tiny white flowers with her paw.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Sarah had never given much thought about flowers - a thing that a person like Wraen could be interested in - her days were more occupied by being better than Terance or playing hunting. Even at the ripe age of two full months she was walking and running machine fuelled by strong instincts of a true predator. 

Now, however, when there was nothing imediate to hunt for, she turned and looked at the white flowers rather indifferently. They were plants, they were not exciting. Not even edible (she would know, for she had tried). Therefore the girl shrugged: "Dunno. You know crick-crack crickets?"
a page ripped
258 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Medic
It was a good sign that Sarah hadn't fled at the slightest moment of uncertainty. It was Lucani's pleasure to get to know one of the pack's youngest members, especially if she could capture the pup's interest in some form or other. Perhaps plants would do the trick — and perhaps not.

Crickets... she repeated thoughtfully. You mean the insects that make little melodies from the bushes?
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
"No," Sarah shook her head, for a moment feeling the glory of knowing something the big, wise and experienced adult did not. "No, no, no," she emphasized, even though she had not the slightest idea of, what insects were or what exactly the crickets did. It was just the name. 

"It's a monster," she whispered, leaning towards Lucani, excitement flickering in her eyes. "It's th-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-s big," she put her paws up to show and lost balance in the process and fell to her side.
a page ripped
258 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Medic
Having little experience with children, Lucani was somewhat lost at the sudden changing of subjects — were they talking about plants, insects, or... monsters? But she knew she had to adapt, so she decided to go with it.

A monster? the Medic breathed with interest. Where does she roam? Perhaps Donnelaith really did have a "crick-crack cricket" so big it could make a puppy fall over.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Sarah got back to her feet just at the right moment to see that Lucani was puzzled by her explanation that seemed pretty clear to the little girl. The fact that she had managed to confuse the adult even for a little bit fuelled her confidence, she felt proud and was positively beaming. 

"O-oh-oh-oh - it's out at night," she told, looking around just to make sure that the creature in question was not hiding in the bushes, for example, and overhearing their conversation. "And it moves with long, long legs and catches... ummm... wolves! Yes! And eats them whole!" as for that matter she though it would not hurt, if Terance's confidence and pride would get a little shaken by such monster. He was sometimes too smug for his own good.
a page ripped
258 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Medic
The adult was well aware that she was being told a tall tale, and smiled, endeared. But she wasn't quite sure how to deal with children... she was concerned she didn't have the sense of humour for it. But she'd give it a go. She seemed to be doing okay so far. And are you scared of the monster? she brought the topic back round to Sarah herself, or do you fight it?
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Me? Scared? Pff..." Sarah shook her head, then paused and appeared to be thinking something over. The struggle with the inner-conflict was evident on child's face and it took a little while, before she leaned closer to Lucani and whispered: "Don't tell Terance, but... I am a little afraid. Just... just a teeny-tiny-tiny bit." 

"I don't want to be eaten. It will be smelly down there, you know..." 
just the other day Osprey had told the tale of the big fish, who had swallowed a whole pack of wolves, and it had sounded rather nasty.