Golden Glade Infinity
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen opened her eyes and blinked a few times as her eyes adjusted to the lighting inside the cave. The cave she had just spent the last two weeks in because she had been ill. She paused for a moment in thought and realized she actually was feeling pretty good today. She rose from where she lay and stretched.

She wondered what had happened while she had been in here feeling like she was dying. She had no idea why she had been feeling sick but all that mattered now was there was things that must be done. Like securing the borders or hunting or something. 

She padded down the tunnels glancing into Ayla's newly dug den briefly before continuing. She hoped that the wolf was recovering alright after the bear attack. She had certainly earned her place in the inner circle though, she had been willing to sacrifice her life to save the rest of the wolves in RFC. 

Aspen padded slowly and somewhat groggily out into the sunlight squinting as this was really the first time she had been able to leave the den she shared with her mate. Charley was also recovering from his injuries though the damage had been done and he could no longer see out of the one eye.

She let her paws guide her through the trees as she headed towards the outskirts of the glade determined to get some work done, do her share as she felt guilty for not being there. 

@Shalon :) Aspen is back :D Finally!! Feel free to be mad at her for her absence though *shrugs*
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
YEA!!! You are back! So Excited!! So Shalon was recently in the Silvertip Mountain territory, I'll make this her return post... just to sink with my timeline... Also ill be super vague about my travels... cuz that thread isn't finished, also my thread with Charley isn't finished so.... im just a vague woman right now!

Shalon entered her home territory once more, this was home. She was quickly starting to realize home much she like that feeling. The feeling of belonging some where. Even if it had been slow, and her other packmates weren't as active as she, Shalon still found this land to be the best place for her. She had seen Charley Pryor before she had left. While Charley and Aspen had been injured or sick as Charley had informed Shalon that Aspen had been sick, Shalon had made sure to keep up the border to the best of her ability, while keeping a close eye on the den. Seeing Charley had been a great relive to Shalon who had been becoming antsey with the long absense. She wasn't angry at her leaders, there was nothing they could do. And the pack laws stated that she wasn't allowed to enter the tunnels.

Upon coming to the borders of her pack, she made sure to check the scent markers in the immediate area. It was at this time that she saw that pale reflection of her Queen's coat, "Aspen?" Shalon whispered slightly, before trotting closer, wondering if perhaps it was a trick of the light. Although it wasn't. It was Aspen! She was alright! Shalon was overjoyed, she let out a happy chuff, "My Queen! I am glad to see you are well! How are you feeling? Perhaps you should rest some more." She mumbled to herself, worry seeping into her tone. She would whine slightly, approaching the female.

I hope I didn't pp to much for you let me know if you want me to change anything
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen was about to begin her patrol before she was joined by a friendly face. Shalon. Aspen smiled and turned her gaze towards the fae as she let out a chuff. "Hey Shalon!" she greeted in a friendly tone. "Tis true, I am feeling a bit better now. I have no idea what came over me these past two weeks," she let out a small sigh.  

Aspen's smile was soft as the fae mentioned her needing to rest more. "Shalon, I'm fine," she stated not sounding entirely sure herself, she hoped whatever it was that was making her sick was gone. " I want to do a patrol, make myself useful for the first time I have been able to in a bit. Have I missed much?" she asked with a curious tilt to her head.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon looked at the fae skeptically, before slowly nodding her head as if conceding that there was nothing she could do to force the other woman to rest. Instead she would stay be her side for the patrol she wished to do. "Well if you are feeling better, I'm sure you'll be fine." Shalon had no idea what could have caused such a thing, her mother had been healer but Shalon had no skill for it, unlike her brother Obia. She was a fighter, and a good listener sometimes but that was about it, no medical skills in ther least. "It is usefully to see you up and about, I am sure the rest of the Court will be glad to see you." Shalon nodded, and set her mind to thinking about recent events. She gestured toward the trail that was quickly becoming more and more definite, the path used to mark the territory. Shalon would let her Queen walk slightly ahead of her if she wished, starting their patrol.

"The most prudent thing was that there was an intruder. She seemed to know you, my Queen, and the King. She holds a grudge for some reason." Shalon was slightly confused at the aggression shown by the pale female that had crossed their borders. "Other than that it has been rather slow, Darsal and myself have attempted to fill the caches. We took a trip to the Ghost Lion Crag and caught two young Bighorn." She thought fondly of that trip it was indeed fun, her paw was now scabbed over and almost healed, Shalon no longer had a limp, making it difficult to even tell that she had been injured. And she didn't mention it, it was of little importance. "I have just returned actually, I have been gone for a day or two, I was visiting a friend from the Silvertip Mountain pack." Shalon summed up all the events she had been a part of. Ready to answer an questions her Queen might have.
so a few of the threads i mentioned once again aren't finished, especially with Darsal being away? I haven't been able to finish them.... hope this works
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen listened as she began to trail around the borders marking a tree every once in a while enough to keep the borders strong. Shalon explained that there had been an intruder wolf who seemed to know the Alpha's and had been holding a grudge. Aspen's gaze turned from calm to one of alertness. "Not again." she said in a sharp tone. "What buisness does she have the rights to return to this territory," she grumbled knowing exactly which wolf it was. Aspen was annoyed at herself for missing it but curious because what could Aero want now. Surely Aspen had made her point clear. Aero was not welcome here. Ever.

Shalon continued in saying that other than that things had been pretty slow although she had been on a hunt with Darsal to get a bighorn from the Ghost Lion Crag. That sounded dangerous but Shalon did not seem injured so Aspen thought not much of it. "For that I thank you Shalon," she said calming down slightly and with a respectful tone. Shalon mentioned a friend in silvertip and Aspen nodded. "Everything alright with your friend?" She asked stirring up some more friendly conversation.
You're doing fine xD Sorry if you can't answer my next question because of ur other threads.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon shrugged, "She seemed to be trying to get information. However Darsal and I couldn't give her much. She posed as a wolf looking for a pack. When we mention call you or the King, she turned into an anger filled woman." Shalon shook her head, Aero? She would be wary of this fae from now on, she was violent being.

"We were only doing our duty, my Queen." Shalon dipped her head at Aspen's thanks, although she saw no reason for the thanks. As she mentioned, she was doing her duty.

"Ah Steady is fine, from what I could see. He was cheerful as usual, and I met a few of his subordinates. They are a good well meaning pack." Shalon smiled a little, "I almost joined them actually, before I had met you and my King. Alpha Steady is very kind. I consider him a close friend." She concluded.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen frowned more as Shalon spoke more of the intruder and how the wolf had been looking to gather information on the pack posing as a new wolf looking for a place to stay. "Charley and i have already had to chase her out once. She is not welcome here by any means and I am glad you and Darsal didn't give much information. I have reason to believe she is comrades with a pack and wants to start a war. She is by no means trustworthy, if she returns and you run into her. Call for us. I have some choice words to share with her," Aspen felt a low growl in her chest but it was short lived.

Aspen continued her patrol and Shalon spoke of the wolf she had been to visit in Silvertip. From what Aspen understood, the wolf was named Steady and he was Alpha of the pack at the mountain. Aspen nodded slowly surprised to hear Shalon had considered joining his pack before she had found the RFC. "What made you change your mind?" she questioned. "Why not follow him? Why did you choose us?

Aspen was curious what made this wolf change her mind if Steady was so friendly and they were close. What made her pick Aspen and Charley and not him. Aspen desired to know more of this Steady. Could he be trusted? For now she just lay and muddled over the thoughts in her head. Thoughts of Aero and now Steady as well. Perhaps he would make a future allie should it be needed. Who knows.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
"I will do so, your Majesty." She took the statement for what it was, a command. She would be on high alert for this woman, she was a treat and would be dealt with severally if found near the border. She bowed stiffle, accepting the ongoing command.

"I didn't change my mind, my Queen. I was merely not at a point in my travels where I could settle down. I was not ready to accept another family. He was kind to me, and he will always be a good friend. But I happened upon this pack for reasons I have yet to figure out." She gave a small shrug, this is where she happened upon and this is were she will stay. She had already given her loyalty to these lands, and she was not one to waver easily.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen dipped her head in thanks after Shalon acknowledged that the she-wolf who had a tendancy to stray over their borders was by no means welcome in this land and that anyone who ran into her was to call for the alphas and continue attempts to push her out of their territory. Whatever that wolf was planning it sure wasn't good.

Shalon also clarified she had not changed her mind and that when Steady formed the pack she was not ready to be a part of one and accept other wolves as family. Though when she had stumbled across RFC she had no idea why but she had joined their ranks.

"Everything happens for a reason, we may not know it yet. One day, you will figure it out. Trust my words on that one," she said reflecting back to the time she joined the grotto. Not quite knowing why she decided to put herself in another pack other than to learn, though she wasn't sure who to trust. However, she came out of that pack with a mate and a friend. That was by no means a bad thing.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nodded, a quiet hum coming from her lungs, agreeing to the Queen. Indeed, everything does happen for a reason, she only hoped that he join the Fire Court was the right decision, so far it had been. She glanced toward Aspen, she was still weary of the females illness. "Are you sure you are alright, your Majesty? You have no reason to push yourself." She spoke softly, not wanting to offend, but she showed genuine concern. She was growing attached to the slightly younger woman.

She was concerned for her health, the fact that they didn't have a healer to help her made Shalon even more nervous. "What do you think it was?"
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen quickly nodded to the fae's concern. "No no Shalon, you have no need to worry, I'm a little tired but I am capable of finishing one patrol even if that's all I do," Aspen stated marking yet another tree. "I assure you have no reason to worry about me."

Aspen's ears twitched at the question that rang next from Shalon's mouth. What do you think it was? "I honestly have no idea what it was. Perhaps just a stomach bug of sorts, whatever it was I hope it doesnt happen again," Aspen stated glancing first at Shalon then at the mountain where her den lay and then back at the trees in front of her. Not too much further and she could go home and rest.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nodded slowly, skeptically. She wasn't sure whether to believe to female or not, only knew that she would watch her Queen more closely from now on. She too watched the mountain draw closer, and a small inkling of sadness crept into Shalon's mood, she had missed Aspen during her sickness.

Shalon rubbed her body against a bush adding her own scent to the land she called home. She was starting notice a communal pack scent flourishing in their home. And it made Shalon glad to be here, to watch the beginnings of her family. For she thought of them as her family, especially Charley and Aspen. Every day her pride and protectivness grew bolder.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Fade? Last post from me

Aspen yawned as she marked the last few trees of the patrol ending where the edge of the mountain started. The pack was gradually day by day becoming theirs. Theirs to do what they wish with. Aspen turned to face Shalon giving her a week smile.

"I appreciate the company today Shalon, it was nice to be able to catch up on everything I've missed, but I do admit I am still quite tired. So I am going to have to take a nap. Apologies," she dipped her head on the last word giving Shalon a rather sympathetic look. She knew the wolf probably deserved Aspen staying longer, and the queen wished she could, but she was way too tired. 

With that and a heavy head she turned tail flicking her tail in goodbye and glancing back once more she trailed into the tunnel entrace and weaved through the tunnels to her den. Laying down with her head on her paws and her eyes closing. She drifted off into a deep and dreamless sleep.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Sure thing :) Shalon is going to worry!!!!!!!!!!

Shalon nodded, "Of course, my lady." She gave a small encouraging smile, glad to have seen the other woman. Although she couldn't help but worry, Aspen was growing on her. Shalon silently watched her Queen return to her den, before planting herself near the entrance of the tunnels. Where she had been since Charley, Aspen and Ayla had been held up. Her patrol finished for the day she would stand guard like a statue outside her leaders densite. At least until one of them emerged and dismissed her.
Shalon's Pawprints